Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jerry is making a piss poor decision right now. Jerry also took his OC duties away and put the coach in place he wanted over his head coach. They are both idiots. I cant think of a coach worth his salt that would come here and let Jerry hand pick his OC. What other Owner sits in meetings and chooses the coaches to hire on staff? The reason he hasn't fired Jason is no other coach will let him do that.

I actually agreed with Jerry taking away Garrett's duties as playcaller. He was ******** awful and Jerry once again giving him chance after chance to redeem himself to no avail.

Here we are again. Prescott and the offense had a banner year and rated as #1. This is despite Moore being hamstrung by the playbook - Garrett wants us to think that whatever happened is not his fault.

Well, its his fault. Everything is. He just an incompetent baboon who don't know anything about coaching.

Aven8

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that JG came in yesterday for his “3rd meeting” as if he still had a chance at the job.

:laugh:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Their silence is confirmation of Werder's report.

When the other report went out that the entire staff was fired, the organization refuted that within like 15 min.

Its been like 18 hours since Werder's report and all you hear from the organization is "CRICKETS".

If that is not a tacit confirm, I dont know what is. That is not the type of report you just let hang out there.
Maybe they leaked it to calm the fan base down and now they're doing what they intended to do all along. Nothing. lol

basilhayden

Reaction score
Jerry is making a piss poor decision right now. Jerry also took his OC duties away and put the coach in place he wanted over his head coach. They are both idiots. I cant think of a coach worth his salt that would come here and let Jerry hand pick his OC. What other Owner sits in meetings and chooses the coaches to hire on staff? The reason he hasn't fired Jason is no other coach will let him do that.

Oh, he will find someone to be a yes man.
The new yes man will be around for more years than he will have playoff wins.
Fact.

Love2fishfork

Reaction score
Pfffttt I'm willing to bet he won't succeed anywhere. The Jones Hillbillies have given him every chance to succeed. He failed miserably. No this story will not have a happy ending like Bill Bellicheck and the Patriots. No one is going to want Garrett and he'll probably end up coaching a division II college team.

What would be even worse is if he lands another coaching job and is very successful! Not likely!

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
What would be even worse is if he lands another coaching job and is very successful! Not likely!

makes me wonder if Jerry is thinking that and that’s why he’s delaying so he doesn’t land another gig. For someone who loves Jason supposedly so much, that would be really doing him dirty

CWR

Reaction score

Yeah Im aware of that. We will soon have the coaching question answered if Garrett really is gone. I dont expect a mediocre name, but time will tell.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm not questioning what WILL eventually happen, only that the Werder tweet did say ANYTHING about Garrett saying he expects to not be the coach of the Cowboys anymore. In other words Rogerthat12 decided to "interpret" a tweet by what he THINKS will happen or what some people say putting words into some else's mouth. I also none of the Jones have told Weder anything and he's just making speculation.

My guess is Stephen is the one feeding Werder info...……..he does not have any love lost for Garrett, after all, it was Stephen who said Garrett had to get the team "over the hump".

Werder would not let ESPN go public with this story if he didnt source it at the top...….he would risk his career if this was not legit.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Jerry and Stephen are letting this news continue when they know Garrett has not been fired than they are more dysfunctional than I thought.

Exactly...………if this is all just made up BS by Werder, why have they not refuted it yet?

Why would you let your head coach, if he still is indeed your head coach, just sit out there when every media outlet in the country is reporting he is fired. Why would you not say something? Jane Slater has practically moved into the Star and is sleeping in the lobby waiting for an official announcement, you would think somebody could walk 10 feet out of their office and tell her "this story is bogus, I got no idea what Werder is talking about"?

That's it, that takes like maybe 30 seconds and put this story to bed...……...but that is not what is happening. Werder reports that Garrett is gone not just from being head coach but from the entire organization and all you hear from Jerry or Steven is "CRICKETS".

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I heard on the radio that JG came in yesterday for his “3rd meeting” as if he still had a chance at the job.

:laugh:
Jason had his chance all year........he knew before the season started what was required to keep his job and fell WAY short.............he simply don't have the ability to be anything beyond average.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jason isnt be fired... Its smoke and mirrors!

Werder never said he was being fired.

He said that his contract will be allowed to expire and he will no longer be part of the organization.

Contract expires January 14th...……...So I guess he can just hang around doing exit interviews for the next 11 days or watering the plants, ect...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My guess is Stephen is the one feeding Werder info...……..he does not have any love lost for Garrett, after all, it was Stephen who said Garrett had to get the team "over the hump".

Werder would not let ESPN go public with this story if he didnt source it at the top...….he would risk his career if this was not legit.
I keep hearing this "no love lost for Garrett by Stevie-Boy", but where is that directly coming from?
Our minds?