Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And that shows zip that he has firm control, or is taking over in a general and everyday sense.
He only wins certain arguments with pops. He has some control, but he has no control.

Oh boy! He can scrooge his way through contract negotiations and still bend backwards!
Yay!

That's true, he does win only certain arguments.

Like when Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Football and Stephen said hell no and drafted Zach Martin instead.

Same situation with Garrett, Stephen (not Jerry) said Garrett had to get the team over the hump or no extension to remain head coach. Well, looks like Stephen won that argument also.

So to say Stephen has no control in the organization is not accurate my friend, he has already demonstrated that he has fairly significant control, especially when it comes to drafting and coaching.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's true, he does win only certain arguments.

Like when Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Football and Stephen said hell no and drafted Zach Martin instead.

Same situation with Garrett, Stephen (not Jerry) said Garrett had to get the team over the hump or no extension to remain head coach. Well, looks like Stephen won that argument also.

So to say Stephen has no control in the organization is not accurate my friend, he has already demonstrated that he has fairly significant control, especially when it comes to drafting and coaching.
Bro... I never said he had no control.
I said he didn't have "firm control".
There's a difference.

And he made one argument with one draft pick and what arguments on coaching that has come to effect as of yet?

This is Jerry's team 100%.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bro... I never said he had no control.
I said he didn't have "firm control".
There's a difference.

And he made one argument with one draft pick and what arguments on coaching that has come to effect as of yet?

This is Jerry's team 100%.

It is Jerry's team, but Stephen can influence Jerry into making decisions he would rather not make.

But who knows, I could be wrong and this is just all smoke and mirrors to keep the Cowboys in the news and Garrett gets a new deal.

I guess we shall see on Jan 14th. Its going to be hilarious if Jason tries to show up for work and his access card wont work on the front door.:p

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
My guess is Stephen is the one feeding Werder info...……..he does not have any love lost for Garrett, after all, it was Stephen who said Garrett had to get the team "over the hump".

Werder would not let ESPN go public with this story if he didnt source it at the top...….he would risk his career if this was not legit.

Didn't we hear at one time that Garrett's wife and Stephen's wife were besties?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It is Jerry's team, but Stephen can influence Jerry into making decisions he would rather not make.

But who knows, I could be wrong and this is just all smoke and mirrors to keep the Cowboys in the news and Garrett gets a new deal.

I guess we shall see on Jan 14th. Its going to be hilarious if Jason tries to show up for work and his access card wont work on the front door.:p
I firmly believe JG is gone gone gone.
Jerry is just... doing what Jerry thinks is best, in his addled way.
Stevie may just be happy that JG is gone at some point.

I dunno.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
What would be even worse is if he lands another coaching job and is very successful! Not likely!
I think part of it is the opposite actually. Jason isn't going to get any interest from other teams, and that will make Jerry look foolish for investing 10 years in a dead hole.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I think part of it is the opposite actually. Jason isn't going to get any interest from other teams, and that will make Jerry look foolish for investing 10 years in a dead hole.

Especially after claiming that if not here, he will be coaching another team. He's about to look like the idiot he is.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Notwithstanding all the contemporary niceties, I think Jason’s drift into franchise irrelevance will be shocking to most.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I see from the many conversations you've had with Jerry he told you he hasn't made up his mind yet. Just what jobs has Garrett missed? The Commanders job? They had an interim head coach and 4 hours into the day after the season ended they name Rivera their new coach. They weren't even thinking Garrett even if he was available. So just what jobs has Garrett already missed?

Again, there is absolutely no reason for Jerry to delay announcing that Garret is gone . . . unless he isn't gone. The whole "his contract expires in 11 days" thing is laughably stupid. If Jerry had made his mind up to get rid of Garret, he would make that clear. He has zero REAL reasons not to. If he has any respect for JG and his coaches, he would want to expedite the decision.

The imaginary reasons being bandied about are just to make people who want Garret gone feel better.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Again, there is absolutely no reason for Jerry to delay announcing that Garret is gone . . . unless he isn't gone. The whole "his contract expires in 11 days" thing is laughably stupid. If Jerry had made his mind up to get rid of Garret, he would make that clear. He has zero REAL reasons not to. If he has any respect for JG and his coaches, he would want to expedite the decision.

The imaginary reasons being bandied about are just to make people who want Garret gone feel better.
on the flipside there is no reason to not announce an extension if there was one in place...in other words nobody really knows what's up

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jerry has NO respect, at all, for diehard fans like most of us. Many of us are on pins and needles waiting for the official decision. We are spending so much time on our, I phones, watching ESPN, etc., trying to find evidence the decision is final.

Why the _ _ _ _ couldn’t Jerry come out today and either deny or confirm Werder’s comments? If the decision is still being made, Jerry could have easily said, “we are still looking at our options concerning Jason”.

If Weeder’s comments were not accurate Jerry should have came out right away and just stated, “Werder’s comments are not accurate”.

There is no excuse for Jerry keeping his most diehard fans in the dark on this issue!!

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry has NO respect, at all, for diehard fans like most of us. Many of us are on pins and needles waiting for the official decision. We are spending so much time on our, I phones, watching ESPN, etc., trying to find evidence the decision is final.

Why the _ _ _ _ couldn’t Jerry come out today and either deny or confirm Werder’s comments? If the decision is still being made, Jerry could have easily said, “we are still looking at our options concerning Jason”.

If Weeder’s comments were not accurate Jerry should have came out right away and just stated, “Werder’s comments are not accurate”.

There is no excuse for Jerry keeping his most diehard fans in the dark on this issue!!

Saying Jerry has no respect for longtime fans is simply speculation. Besides, aren’t we always complaining about Jerry talking? Other owners aren’t front and center...