Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ESPN: Trust Us!
There are no trustworthy media, part of their job is to be first and also the most controversial. Fair, prudent and honest does not mean job security.

If you are an imbecile and don't bother to think for yourself, there is anger.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes.

People love to ascribe traits to Stephen Jones that are the opposite of his father to make themselves more equipped to deal with the idiocy.
My dude @cern is the worst of this attribution, but others are guilty and I see no reason why.
Stevie does get on dad, but only in singular arguments.
Otherwise he's window dressing like the rest.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Maybe they leaked it to calm the fan base down and now they're doing what they intended to do all along. Nothing. lol

Man, that would be the ultimate punk of your own fan base.:eek:

You get eliminated from the playoffs and the fans want Jason's head so you intentionally leak bad info to ESPN that Garrett is gone and you let that report just linger out there for the entire weekend letting the fans think he is gone and then you call a presser next week and say what?

"You fans all got punked, I'm keeping Clappy after all"...…………...yeah, the fan base would get a big laugh out of that, it would be hilarious.:p

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

You get eliminated from the playoffs and the fans want Jason's head so you intentionally leak bad info to ESPN that Garrett is gone and you let that report just linger out there for the entire weekend letting the fans think he is gone and then you call a presser next week and say what?

"You fans all got punked, I'm keeping Clappy after all"...…………...yeah, the fan base would get a big laugh out of that, it would be hilarious.:p
:laugh: Yea it would. I think they leaked the right information but they just wanted to get rid of him on their own time. By leaking it they could calm the fan base down. Now they're back to doing what they wanted to do which is who knows what. lol

willia451

Reaction score

We should start talking about something else. This is going nowhere. And quite frankly, it's boring.

I'll start.

I'm going to see TOOL live on Jan 22nd with my Son-In-Law. You guys only wish you were me. I have an appt. next week to update my will just in case it kills me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I keep hearing this "no love lost for Garrett by Stevie-Boy", but where is that directly coming from?
Our minds?

Well there have been at least 4 occasions when Stephen went on his radio show and basically gave ultimatums for Garrett.

Statements like "he needs to get the team over the hump", "nobody wants Jason to coach the Cowboys more than me but we have not had any playoff success in a very long time and that needs to change and Jason understands that", ect....

Also, I didnt see Stephen crying like a baby after Garrett spit the bit and lost game after game down the stretch.

So, it does not take a huge leap in logic to deduct that Stephen has no where close to the emotional attachment to Garrett that his dad has.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well there have been at least 4 occasions when Stephen went on his radio show and basically gave ultimatums for Garrett.

Statements like "he needs to get the team over the hump", "nobody wants Jason to coach the Cowboys more than me but we have not had any playoff success in a very long time and that needs to change and Jason understands that", ect....

Also, I didnt see Stephen crying like a baby after Garrett spit the bit and lost game after game down the stretch.

So, it does not take a huge leap in logic to deduct that Stephen has no where close to the emotional attachment to Garrett that his dad has.
He might be jealous of Garrett.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Guys, we all have to show Garrett respect in this process. After all, he’s given us 9 straight losing seasons; no other coach in Boys history has done that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

And that shows zip that he has firm control, or is taking over in a general and everyday sense.
He only wins certain arguments with pops. He has some control, but he has no control.

Oh boy! He can scrooge his way through contract negotiations and still bend backwards!
Yay!

Alexander

Reaction score

Players do not know what is good for them. This kid worked hard and he feels that somehow, he owes Garrett.

There have been plenty of poor head coaches that were loved by their teams. In fact, it is pretty rare when you see a loser coach gets badmouthed on the their way out unless they did something upsetting.

I am sure Garrett is just as much of the swell guy you think he is.

That does not mean what a single thing these players are saying now matters.

If so, then why didn't they refuse to underachieve and try to save his job?

willia451

Reaction score
If you are still talking about the Cowboys at this stage on this board seek mental help immediately.

I recommend to every one of you to take a night off. Go do something. Take a break. Spend some time with the family this weekend.

We're not going to know anything tonight anyways. Later.

Alexander

Reaction score
I'd have more faith in Stephen if he didn't crave media attention like his dad.
He craves attention, but in a different way.

Jerry Jones craves it because it gives him material to use to continue to deny the three Super Bowls were not all about him.

Stephen Jones likes the attention for the brand.