What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

• He'll never take us to the playoffs..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FTWayne

Reaction score
how good is arm strength when you have to wind up to throw it? How much time does it take for him to wind up to throw it? Maybe that is why he's afraid to throw it because it takes so long for him to see the player then so long to wind up to throw it.

Ken

Reaction score
If you can't follow those very simple arguments...wow.

I apparently didn't think he could do? Whatever gave you that impression? And excuse me for not recalling a single meaningless play nearly 2 months ago.

6 yards into the endzone? You may want to watch it again. And any QB in the NFL can throw it 60 yards. It was not impressive. It was not a lime drive and did not have a high arc. If that impresses you, it's no wonder your takes are so far off. I care not about what people in the game thread said (which is probably not what you claim).
I can follow but you keep changing your arguement and I choose not to.

I have the all22...it is why I know there was a hail Mary. I have seen the throw from every angle and he actually threw it from the 42. The ball was contacted high at about 4 yards deep in the end zone.

It would have hit 6 yards deep if unimpeded.

64 yards in the air and no...not every qb can throw it that far.

Here is another throw that went at least 65...

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

I have the all22...it is why I know there was a hail Mary. I have seen the throw from every angle and he actually threw it from the 42. The ball was contacted high at about 4 yards deep in the end zone.

The people who hate Dak hate him for whatever the hell they want to hate him for. They blame him for Romo's departure, like he purposely made Romo to get injured in the preseason game against Seattle. Or maybe they are mad that he played so well that the team had no option to keep him in and keep Romo on the sidelines. Either way I am not sure how any of that was Dak's fault but as I said, they are going to hate him for that regardless.

Reactions: Ken

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I know you guys are tired of hearing this,but here it is. Dak went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers and that packers D in 2016...we nearly won if not for a miraculous throw on the sidelines...and a blown coverage. Dak has enough to get it done.
Tired of hearing about it because it is ridiculous.

QB'S don't go "toe to toe" against each other. They go toe to toe with the defense.

That Packers defense sucked, especially the secondary. A good QB would have eviscerated them. You know, like Ryan did the very next week.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hard to go deep in the playoffs with these coaches and scheme. We need 2 Coopers out there, or another Gallop..

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Y'all might want to pay attention to this.

2014 Seattle 5th offense 1st defense
2015 New England 5th offense 12th defense
2016 Denver 21st offense 1st defense
2017 Philly 8th offense 5th defense
2018 Dallas 21st offense 23rd defense

What in these numbers suggest that defense over offense is the road to NFL success.

Our defense is currently ranked 8th.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Dang Bleu you have all the potential options covered in your poll buddy.

I like Dak and as long as he is behind center for my team I'll pull for him.

With that said, it's been enough time for us to know what kind of skills he has. He has very limited passing skills that make it to where everything else on offense has to be perfect to have success.

As far as our offense now is concerned, we have no threat at all of anything down the field as well as anything over the middle of the field. The reason for that is Dak's limitations, pure and simple. I don't expect to win a ring while he's here.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Given the right HC. He can win us a SB with this team. Once again we're pissing away our talent with JG
100% agree. Rookie year of Dak and Elliot and this O-Line we made the playoffs. Due to HC and playcalling and lack of Defense that year we fell short. Also calling the execution on Offense. It was a total organizational loss. Almost came back and won. We blame Byron Jones (who is now the #1 CB in the NFL.. go figure, another coaching failure for having him in the wrong position.) We could be 2 games ahead right now if not for JG conservative approach and poor clock and game management. Stop blaming only the QB. Not saying Dak is the next brady. But flacco got there.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Why do you lie? I haven't changed my argument once.

Which argument do you think I have changed?

And yes, in the NFL, they can. There is video of Kellen Moore throwing 60 yards, and that is hitting a guy in stride, not just a heave to the end zone. Not everyone can do 64 yards from the LOS (unless at the LOS) but from their hand, yes. Especially, if you go with where it would land and not get to a player.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Question for those who need to see new coaching before taking an opinion.

I understand that a different scheme can benefit a QB/team by playing to his/its strengths.

But,

Do you guys think that new coaching can have any benefit in getting Dak to overcome the problems with accuracy, pocket presence, reading defenses, risk aversion, vision...?

I don't see it myself. I also don't think is enough there to build an effective scheme around that can be consistently successful against the better teams in the league.
Excellent question

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As long as he continues to get a great supporting cast, the sky is the limit. He'll get better.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question for those who need to see new coaching before taking an opinion.

I understand that a different scheme can benefit a QB/team by playing to his/its strengths.

But,

Do you guys think that new coaching can have any benefit in getting Dak to overcome the problems with accuracy, pocket presence, reading defenses, risk aversion, vision...?

I don't see it myself. I also don't think is enough there to build an effective scheme around that can be consistently successful against the better teams in the league.

Don't take the coaching nonsense seriously. That's a fan crutch. They can't admit the QB just sucks so blame the coaches and the scheme.

The same coaches that won 13 games with this rookie stiff and the same scheme that has guys open on a weekly basis while the QB is either not seeing the field or he's busy escaping imaginary pressure.

Who's the best head coach? Who's the best offensive coordinator? Pair them together in Dallas and they won't make this QB any better than he is now. They would have to try to work around all the things he can't do. Which is basically playing QB in the NFL.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Dang Bleu you have all the potential options covered in your poll buddy.

I like Dak and as long as he is behind center for my team I'll pull for him.

With that said, it's been enough time for us to know what kind of skills he has. He has very limited passing skills that make it to where everything else on offense has to be perfect to have success.

As far as our offense now is concerned, we have no threat at all of anything down the field as well as anything over the middle of the field. The reason for that is Dak's limitations, pure and simple. I don't expect to win a ring while he's here.
:hammer:

nobody

Reaction score
He's too afraid. If he overcomes that, he might get better, but I doubt that he will.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Hes a good bus driver right now but hes still young and growing as a QB and has a chance to improve on his faults and grow from bus driver to the "guy". Only time will tell. He has the clutch, leadership, and moxie factor already.

waving monkey

Reaction score
This answer does lay in the philosophy of the Garrett/Jones building a team.
Dak requires all the offensive components to be in place and their close to that. [T.E.]

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The people who hate Dak hate him for whatever the hell they want to hate him for. They blame him for Romo's departure, like he purposely made Romo to get injured in the preseason game against Seattle. Or maybe they are mad that he played so well that the team had no option to keep him in and keep Romo on the sidelines. Either way I am not sure how any of that was Dak's fault but as I said, they are going to hate him for that regardless.

Why is it people can explain in great detail the issues they have with Dak, repeatedly, and you still just completely disregard it and make up your own crap to pass off as truth?

Maybe you should listen.