What are your minimum expectations for 2021 season right now?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I want to say win division...or make playoffs...

But why should I look at getting back to peak level under Garrett as a huge improvement just because they were so bad last year??

I need them as an organization to get themselves into a NFCCG.

This isn't a full rebuild that's still learning.

Its a vet team and anything less than more that was done under Garrett is not a successful season IMO.
Well a simple way to say that is they need to make playoffs and win in div round. That would surpass JG,wade,parcells eras.
Doing that though would surpass MY expectations.

conner01

Reaction score
that is what I am counting on, is a avg defense instead of a awful defense.
That should mean more wins, dak back more wins, but they need to be better overall especially in coaching and game mgmt.
Average is a reasonable expectation
And will mean more wins

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
We have the 2nd highest paid QB ever.

Dak at minimum better finish top 3 in the MVP vote, win the division, and at least take us the the NFC Championship.

Earn that money. No excuses.

Dak lovers already have their list going on the scapegoats, i mean the reasons, it will not be his fault. Let's see, coaching, poor defense, WR butter fingers, OL failures, poor defense again, play calling, the sun in his eyes, and poor defense once again. Did i miss anything.? He has all the pressure to get the Cowboys deep into the playoffs....no one and done here. That is minimum. Like the saying goes," with great money, comes great responsibility." Buena Suerte.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Minimum?.....we honestly could be picking first.....with a new head coach. And I'm leaning that way. Look what we have done....brought in the same buy low free agents...to plug major holes....Head coach talking out his *** about tighter blends....***? We still have the same moron running special teams....that cost us 4 games last year....and now we have overpaid for a gimp @ QB....You just couldn't do a worse job of fixing dysfunctional.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
My expectation are high just as they were last season. Injury plagued season was a killer that they could not recover from but I feel there is ample talent on offense and it will fall to Quinn to get much more out of the defense than Nolan was capable of.
We will not change that much from our past tendences so other good CDs lwill have seen.
Moorse's offense and DAK. We have our work cut out for us. We are going to be very busy this off season.

Adreme

Reaction score
Offense is solid and defense is still a disaster so not a great position to be in overall. Team is good at RB, good at QB, okay on OLine (if healthy possibly good), good at WR, and not great at TE. That is a very good offensive makeup. Defense cannot boast that. They are okay on DLine, bad at LB, awful in secondary. Offense will for sure be top 5 but defense will likely be bottom 5 and you need the defense to win you 2-3 games a year. You are not going to score 30 every game and you need the defense to help you win a game 17-14 every now and then.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
A winning record and a team that’s competitive every week with a defense that can get stops. No reason why we shouldn’t either win the nfc east or be playing for the nfc east crown towards the end of the year or last week. I’d dream for a top 10 defense but I think even with a middle of the pack 15-16 ranked defense we can win 9,10 games.

we should be in the playoffs. Won’t say we should go how far but in a division this bad we should be able to have a defense that’s better than last year and be able to get a wildcard game bare minimum

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ok I know it is early, but I figure the draft will only give team 1 or 2 starters at most.
So what is the minimum season record you would accept as a step forward over last season?
I will say 10-7 , that would be a distinct improvement over last season.
Anything less I would have to consider a failure by coaches , FO , and players, and Dak.

Now 10-7 may get team into playoffs, and it may not, so I am not going to say they have to make playoffs,
but I do sort of expect that they should .
The thing is winning the division may be the only way a east team gets in playoffs, but one of the east teams
may have a good season, and do better than 10-7. You cant count on them being as bad as last season.

Dallas in 2020
AFC DIV 1-3
NFC DIV 1-3
SOS 2-0
DIV 2-4
Las Vegas Raiders H
Kansas City Chiefs Road
Los Angeles Chargers Road

NFC DIV 2-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Road
New Orleans Saints Road
Atlanta Falcons H
Carolina Panthers H

SOS GAMES 1-1

Minnesota Vikings Road
Arizona Cardinals H

NFCE GAMES 4-2

17th game 0-1 by this would put them at 10-7 , if 16 games then 10-6
Dallas would have to be real good team to do better than 10 wins.
I gave a loss on the last game as people here are saying it would be NE, and dallas has
always done poorly in the last game of season.
But that could be another win just as easily, if they are improved, so I could see 11 wins too.
So I will change that to 10 or 11 wins as my minimum expectation.

Anything over that would be more than I expect
And on further thought, I think making the playoffs , as WC or div champ has to be included, unless
one of the other east teams just has a great season, and dallas doesnt get in as WC.
10-11 wins should get dallas in as a WC though?

87-1. Four Super Bowl trophies.

This is our year

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Minimum?.....we honestly could be picking first.....with a new head coach. And I'm leaning that way. Look what we have done....brought in the same buy low free agents...to plug major holes....Head coach talking out his *** about tighter blends....***? We still have the same moron running special teams....that cost us 4 games last year....and now we have overpaid for a gimp @ QB....You just couldn't do a worse job of fixing dysfunctional.
What 4 games? and why do u blame the ST coach? I remember the fake punt, but MM had to ok that.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we take TE's and CB's early in this draft, oh maybe 6-10, 7-9, maybe 8-8.

kskboys

Reaction score
Offense is solid and defense is still a disaster so not a great position to be in overall. Team is good at RB, good at QB, okay on OLine (if healthy possibly good), good at WR, and not great at TE. That is a very good offensive makeup. Defense cannot boast that. They are okay on DLine, bad at LB, awful in secondary. Offense will for sure be top 5 but defense will likely be bottom 5 and you need the defense to win you 2-3 games a year. You are not going to score 30 every game and you need the defense to help you win a game 17-14 every now and then.
OK on the Dline? That's our worst position.

Adreme

Reaction score
OK on the Dline? That's our worst position.

Having DLaw, who for all the flak he gets is a very good player (who does suffer from being the only major threat and if you have one pass rusher he is going to have a bad time) and that might lead me to be more willing to mark it up. Gregory is an above average talent though and has flashed so at least there are players in that unit. The LB unit is always injured, and LVE didnt look like his rookie self even before his reinjury, or just not good players. The secondary is a soon-to-be second year corner with potential and some scrubs. That is the defense right now.

On defense you do not need Pro Bowlers at every position but you cannot be putting out scrubs. You need some JAGs at position and a few key pieces. Right now the only true key piece is DLaw right now so you need 2-3 more real players and then about 3-5 JAGs just be a good defense. That is a disaster.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Having DLaw, who for all the flak he gets is a very good player (who does suffer from being the only major threat and if you have one pass rusher he is going to have a bad time) and that might lead me to be more willing to mark it up. Gregory is an above average talent though and has flashed so at least there are players in that unit. The LB unit is always injured, and LVE didnt look like his rookie self even before his reinjury, or just not good players. The secondary is a soon-to-be second year corner with potential and some scrubs. That is the defense right now.

On defense you do not need Pro Bowlers at every position but you cannot be putting out scrubs. You need some JAGs at position and a few key pieces. Right now the only true key piece is DLaw right now so you need 2-3 more real players and then about 3-5 JAGs just be a good defense. That is a disaster.
I agree with what your saying, but the DL is weak in the middle.
What do u think of neal and the other FA they added on defense??

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If we take TE's and CB's early in this draft, oh maybe 6-10, 7-9, maybe 8-8.
I dont think any TE will be drafted, they have 2 decent guys.
They may draft corners early, they are weak there.
But really no telling how or who the jones boys will draft .
I am curious about what they do with # 10 pick.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
A winning record and a team that’s competitive every week with a defense that can get stops. No reason why we shouldn’t either win the nfc east or be playing for the nfc east crown towards the end of the year or last week. I’d dream for a top 10 defense but I think even with a middle of the pack 15-16 ranked defense we can win 9,10 games.

we should be in the playoffs. Won’t say we should go how far but in a division this bad we should be able to have a defense that’s better than last year and be able to get a wildcard game bare minimum
In 2019 we ranked 10th in passing defense and 11th in rushing and went 8-8.

Wanna know why? Dak is the reason. The guy we made the 2nd highest paid QB ever.

Our defense had 3 games where we held our opponents to 17 points or less. We lost all 3 of those games and Dak threw for a grand total of ZERO TDs in those games. We also lost to the Jets, another game that Dak threw a grand total of ZERO TDs.

So, a middle of the road defense doesn't matter if your overpaid QB shrinks in big games. Dak was the reason we went 8-8 and missed the playoffs instead of 12-4 in 2019.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We will not change that much from our past tendences so other good CDs lwill have seen.
Moorse's offense and DAK. We have our work cut out for us. We are going to be very busy this off season.

I think Moore offense is very capable of putting up big points, like any offense however it starts up front with protection and opening running lanes. Talent in my view is there to win. Defense is my big concern and I have to believe it will be better than what we saw last season

Flamma

Reaction score
My only expectation is to win the East, nothing beyond that and that's because the East is so bad.

The East was bad in 2020. That has absolutely nothing to do with 2021. I don't know why people keep extending it to infinity. The Giants to me right now look like a solid team. A possible 10+ win team. Barkley is back, a very good WR Corp, and a decent defense. The Commanders have a very good defense and acquired Fitz at QB. Although he's not great, he's good enough if he has weapons and time to throw the ball. Good enough to embarrass us. The only team in the NFC East I expect to be below .500 are the Eagles. I figure the Cowboys to be 9-8 or 8-9. As for the people that want to criticize QB Jones from the Giants. He was good enough to compete with us with Dak, better than us without Dak. So lets pump the breaks on criticizing him.