CFZ What do we do now at QB?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak isn't innocent. He made several bad throws, but most of his throws were good. Dak can't run the routes for his receivers, he can't block for himself and he certainly can't design the plays by himself. Kurt Warner, Chris Simms, Richard Sherman and many others said after reviewing the tape, the fault was much more on others than Dak. That's a fact.

As for choker, that's your boy, Romo. No one can touch his chokeness. He reigns supreme.
LOL.. here we go again.. Warner called out Dak plenty, more so than anybody else, the last few years and you said he didn’t know what he was talking about. He does 1 video where he speaks about certain plays by Moore and you run with a “new narrative” a Warner “absolving Dak” and the problem was “much more on Moore”. Back then you used to say you were on Warner because he blamed Dak, while he ignored the others.

Same with any other guy and their tape. You forget the one major point is this offense we have now, had been DUMBED DOWN FOR DAK, and he’s still missing wide-open WRs.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I use to read every word, even in the news, but nowadays I read first couple of sentences and have an idea of what's to come next.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas FO is stubbornly intent upon maintaining their denial of Dak's problems that appear destined to continue. Instead of finding solutions, they intend to remain in denial of the fact that his problems are worsening. Here's hoping they'll eventually see the truth and deal with possible solutions.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL.. here we go again.. Warner called out Dak plenty, more so than anybody else, the last few years and you said he didn’t know what he was talking about. He does 1 video where he speaks about certain plays by Moore and you run with a “new narrative” a Warner “absolving Dak” and the problem was “much more on Moore”. Back then you used to say you were on Warner because he blamed Dak, while he ignored the others.

Same with any other guy and their tape. You forget the one major point is this offense we have now, had been DUMBED DOWN FOR DAK, and he’s still missing wide-open WRs.
Show tape where the receivers are wide open. Quit yapping and start showing! How's that? Seems easy. Let's go! Let's see what you've got to support your agenda.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rush is not better, the difference in our offensive output was night and day when Dak came back last year. Do you completely disregard that?

If you want to make an argument he may be better suited for our current scheme I won't speak in absolutes. Otherwise it's just nonsense.

I appreciate Rush, but he's not the answer.
:hammer:

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Dallas FO is stubbornly intent upon maintaining their denial of Dak's problems that appear destined to continue. Instead of finding solutions, they intend to remain in denial of the fact that his problems are worsening. Here's hoping they'll eventually see the truth and deal with possible solutions.
Play unlike fans they know better than you they know how to breakdown film they know who's responsibilities are being an issue here with blocking from the offensive line has been non existent there have been no really solid run game against the 49ers the Washington team and the Rams team going back just keeping with the three playoff games for the two four mentioned teams if you don't have a run game you're 1 dimensional your receivers are not getting open and the offensive line is not being great of late it's been a swinging door of injuries and band aids then you add in the defenses and playing well now I mean exactly what would you have expected from the quarterback when the defense isn't even stopping a cold??

Literally those are all facts you're blaming the quarterback for bad coaching bad execution by the team literally all over this team and the two losses were bigger problems than the quarterback even yes in the playoffs show me a game where we showed up with a Emmitt Smith like performance with an offensive line that can block longer with receivers that can consistently get open they're literally being covered up more than anything the last two years some of the worst separation rates for sure the quarterback with the defense knowing they're gonna pass because they've already stopped the run consistently with a four to five man line don't have to blitz a lot play Max coverage on the back end and somehow you think it's a quarterback issue when we can't run the ball against these teams... So not only can you not run you can't block and now the last two losses have been you can't play defense either and now it looks like schematically they're not even using our players right this offense is not suited for these players..

Sure it's all the quarterbacks for fault he's in decline because he can't carry the team all by himself which I never seen Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach ever have to do ever and they had better coaching to boot better run games better offensive lines better defensive play in big games...

facts

if you try to come back with a bunch of nonsense I'm just gonna say the same thing over and over read it close no I'm right in the biggest games we are not as a team executing I mean let's even go back to the 14 penalties you had in the one of the niner loss Oh yeah that's not on deck and all the penalties you had in the Arizona game this year and then all of them on defense in the last loss and you add in all that other stuff sure let's circle back around hating on the quarterback are you guys that delusional that much of haters that's all you can see??? I'm not saying Prescott is elite or great but he is still a top ten quarterback whether you wanna admit it or not and look around the league there isn't 20 better quarterbacks you want the front office to wake up and do what make this team worse by moving on from Prescott early?? How about we finish out the season then see how this all works out instead of overreacting as we all do after a loss and some of you are such ridiculous responses and replies all in the same wavelength that you're way off and the reasons we're losing these games is all about the team and the coaching...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Donte Whitner of NBC Sports comes out and just says what many others fail to say when asked about Dak Prescott. He sucks. Period. Saying: "They talk so much about Prescott being a Top Tier QB, franchise guy, I don't see it."

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys start dropping games every week or every other week they’ll ride the rest of the season out with Dak and make a decision about him in the offseason. Everyone keeps talking about Trey Lance but he’s not even the backup. He didn’t spend the offseason or the majority of training camp with us. He doesn’t get many practice reps. If it were me, I would at least design a few plays for him as a situational QB this season to get him on the field. Nothing drastic at QB is going to happen while the Cowboys still have a chance. Besides Jerry is paying Dak way too much to bench him.
... and you've hit one one of Jerry's big flaws. He's "paying Dak way to much to bench him." You're totally right that Jones sees it that way. His thinking is highly flawed. First, no one should be exempt from benching, no matter how much he makes. The game should be a meritocracy. You get a position if you're the best man for the job. If someone else proves best for the job, then he should play, even if he makes a smaller amount of money, and even if it's much, much less money. The other problem is the fact that it's Jerry's prerogative on who plays and who gets benched. He should never have anything to do with that. It should be Mike McCarthy's decision and no one else's. He's the coach, not Jerry.
Jerry's too arrogant to see that he's the root of the problem. When your owner can meddle and override coaching decisions, you've got a dysfunctional organization. Just once I'd like to hear Jerry answer a reporter's question with, "That's a decision for my head coach. Ask Coach McCarthy about that." Or better yet, just don't even do interviews.
I'm probably preaching to the choir, I know. I'm so sick of this team's dysfunction, I'm about ready to take up watching the CFL.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
We basically have Andy Dalton/Jason Campbell leading our team. Just good enough to stay out of the insurance business, but not good enough to take a team deep into the playoffs. I'd go with insurance if I were Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
... and you've hit one one of Jerry's big flaws. He's "paying Dak way to much to bench him." You're totally right that Jones sees it that way. His thinking is highly flawed. First, no one should be exempt from benching, no matter how much he makes. The game should be a meritocracy. You get a position if you're the best man for the job. If someone else proves best for the job, then he should play, even if he makes a smaller amount of money, and even if it's much, much less money. The other problem is the fact that it's Jerry's prerogative on who plays and who gets benched. He should never have anything to do with that. It should be Mike McCarthy's decision and no one else's. He's the coach, not Jerry.
Jerry's too arrogant to see that he's the root of the problem. When your owner can meddle and override coaching decisions, you've got a dysfunctional organization. Just once I'd like to hear Jerry answer a reporter's question with, "That's a decision for my head coach. Ask Coach McCarthy about that." Or better yet, just don't even do interviews.
I'm probably preaching to the choir, I know. I'm so sick of this team's dysfunction, I'm about ready to take up watching the CFL.
There’s a number of fans that want Dak benched after last Sunday nights game. One real bad game isn’t going to get any QB benched. Regardless how bad Dak plays he still gives us the best chance to win of the QBs we have on the roster. We’re just going to have to ride it out with him the rest of the season and decisions on his future will be made during the offseason.

Brax

Reaction score
Now get ready for a repeat of the boos and garbage at home games.
Yes, they will come and Prescotto will choke even more as we know his problem with pressure.
Even if Jerry wants to extend him his hand will be forced to finally give up on his adopted Son Dakky....
This could go south real fast and real bad............
Jerry’s hand is never forced, he will do anything he wants and extending Dak will happen because he believes Dak is elite and he’s Jerry’s QB find. Jerry doesn’t give 2 craps about the fans or the coaches likes or dislikes in his mind he’s the one that knows everything about football and he’s going to prove it come hell or high water, he believes he got that HOF jacket because he’s a football genius and everyone else is football stupid.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Put Lance in and see how it can really get.

Brax

Reaction score
It's called QB progressions, how much time a QB has, which is his primary WR for any particular play and the small details required by every receiver to run on any particular play that's designed to get another receiver open against any particular defensive scheme(s). Plus, the play designs have to be good enough to actually work to get receivers open against today's defenses. Add in the protection up front on the Oline, plus the execution from every player, well, any wrong route, design or lack of execution can throw any play away.
Tad come on even you can’t believe this fantasy you’re posting, you’re just trolling again

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually we should bench a bunch of fans around here there is a such a thing here on this site for saying things without any real context why would you bend to top ten quarterback who's struggling because the team struggling around him?? There's literally no one better behind him and 20 teams in the NFL do not have a better quarterback than Prescott so let's stop with the nonsense about benching...

issue here with blocking from the offensive line has been inconsistent, there have been no real solid run game against the 49ers, the Washington team, and the Rams team going back just keeping with the three playoff games for the two forementioned teams if you don't have a run game ,you're 1 dimensional, your receivers are not getting open and the offensive line is not being great of late it's been a swinging door of injuries and band aids then you add in the defenses and playing well now...

I mean exactly what would you have expected from the quarterback when the defense isn't even stopping a cold??

Literally those are all facts you're blaming the quarterback for bad coaching, bad execution by the team, literally all over this team and the two losses were bigger problems than the quarterback even yes in the playoffs...
Show me a game where we showed up with a Emmitt Smith like performance with an offensive line that can block longer with receivers that can consistently get open they're literally being covered up more than anything the last two years, some of the worst separation rates... for sure the quarterback with the defense knowing they're going to pass because they've already stopped the run consistently with a four-to-five-man lines don't have to blitz a lot play Max coverage on the back end and somehow you think it's a quarterback issue ???

when we can't run the ball against these teams... So not only can you not run you can't block and now the last two losses have been you can't play defense either and now it looks like schematically they're not even using our players right this offense is not suited for these players..

Sure it's all the quarterbacks for fault he's in decline because he can't carry the team all by himself which I never seen Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach ever have to do ever and they had better coaching to boot better run games better offensive lines better defensive play in big games...

facts...
If you try to come back with a bunch of nonsense,
I'm just gonna say the same thing over and over read it close no I'm right in the biggest games we are not as a team executing I mean let's even go back to the 14 penalties you had in the one of the niner loss Oh yeah that's not on Dak and all the penalties you had in the Arizona game this year and then all of them on defense in the last loss and you add in all that other stuff sure let's circle back around hating on the quarterback!!!!

are you guys that delusional that much of haters that's all you can see??? I'm not saying Prescott is elite or great, but he is still a top ten quarterback whether you want to admit it or not and look around the league there isn't 20 better quarterbacks you want the front office to wake up and do what make this team worse by moving on from Prescott early??

How about we finish out the season then see how this all works out instead of overreacting as we all do after a loss and some of you are such ridiculous responses and replies all in the same wavelength that you're way off and the reasons we're losing these games is all about the team and the coaching...​

Brax

Reaction score
Romo didn't get it done. I freely admit that. But you always go back to Romo. Dude's been gone for many years. Drop that. Dak fails on his own suckiness. When will YOU admit he'll never get it done? How perfect does the game plan need to be? How many perfect receivers does he need? You don't see other QB's needing everything Dak does to get it done. Dak's a choker. PERIOD.
Romo is always his fallback in times of desperation, see that Freudian slip last sentence “Dak’s a choker.PERIOD”. Just can’t make this stuff up, at this point AC is just one of the many Dak trolls