CZ POLL What do you think the Cowboys should offer Dak? *** POLL CLOSED ***

What do you think the Cowboys should offer Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would call 5 several - well 6 with the article where Jerry comments on the negotiations going well, but I could come up with others, but it doesn't make sense for me to post every article. I was just trying to show that there wasn't any coverage on it like you were suggesting.

As for the team meeting Dak's contract requirements, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Admittedly I didn't read all those articles in detail, so was there something I missed?

I understand but these articles, many of them were not about the negotiations, per say. They either preceded or were about other content. Look, I appreciate that you took the time to post links but this doesn't really speak to the point to me.

You believe what you believe, I don't agree. I guess we just leave it at that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, so I've looked at these links more closely.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-in-negotiations-with-dak-prescott-cooper-0ap3000001030312
This article is not about the negotiations. It's actually an article that talks about all of the upcoming contracts. It seems to be before any of the negotiation offers.
The article contains these words: The Dallas Cowboys have begun contract negotiations with two of their offensive triplets -- Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper -- executive vice president Stephen Jones said Wednesday.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/20/dak-prescott-cowboys-contract-antonio-brown-raiders-helmet
This article is really not about the extension negotiations either. This article actually talks about why Dak should not extend and should wait for the bigger payday, which is exactly what I said in this thread, in terms of what I believed he and CAA were trying to do.
The article contains these words: Cowboys are now negotiating contracts with their three offensive stars—Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...in-out-on-dak-prescott-potential-34m-contract
This article, at least, mentions a negotiation but it definitely doesn't discuss the actual extension. No details, at all but at least it does discuss the idea of an extension.
lol - come on, if they weren't talking about an extension then what would they have been negotiating? The acticle also says Dak's agent "broached the idea of a deal in the range of $34 million annually". What do you think he was talking about, Dak being the locker room attendant?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/15/report-dak-prescott-contract-negotiations-cowboys-stalled/
This article basically says that there are no negotiations going on.
What it says is that negotiations stalled, which means they were going on prior to that.

https://insidethestar.com/patience-in-contract-negotiations-set-to-pay-off-for-dak-prescott/
This article is not about the negotiations on extension. This article basically explains that Team Dak was not going to negotiate until Wentz had signed his deal and then would use that to leverage the number. It goes on to compare the two QBs but it's not about reporting on the extension.
It specifically says "Prescott and the Cowboys have been slowly working to an extension"

If there are more, maybe we can look at those but only one of these links even kinda talk about the extension and then, it's from like 500K ft.

See the red print above. Every one of those articles indicates they are or were working on an extension. Plus, again, you even admitted to reading the article in which Jerry Jones himself said they were working on an extension, and that he felt things were going well. Are you really suggesting Jerry completely made up the idea they were working on an extension when they really weren't?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand but these articles, many of them were not about the negotiations, per say. They either preceded or were about other content. Look, I appreciate that you took the time to post links but this doesn't really speak to the point to me.

You believe what you believe, I don't agree. I guess we just leave it at that.
Read what I posted below.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
See the red print above. Every one of those articles indicates they are or were working on an extension. Plus, again, you even admitted to reading the article in which Jerry Jones himself said they were working on an extension, and that he felt things were going well. Are you really suggesting Jerry completely made up the idea they were working on an extension when they really weren't?

Read the article. Better yet, let everybody else read it and decide for themselves.

dogberry

Reaction score
Given economic uncertainty, the KC quarterback is the only one I would risk a multi year contract on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the article. Better yet, let everybody else read it and decide for themselves.
I quoted the articles. lol

If you are looking for details about the negotiation in the articles, there isn't much of that, but that's not uncommon because the media isn't present for the negotiation and nobody from the two sides is providing a blow by blow account of the negotiation. Even when they do report something from "sources", they prove to be wrong much of the time, and we never know how much, if any, is credible.

But since you questioned whether there was a negotiation last year based on the notion the media wasn't reporting on it, it is fair to point out that every one of those articles indicates there was a negotiation last year.

And, again, you admitted yourself to reading an article where Jerry talks about the negotiation, and he thought it was going well. Are you suggesting Jerry was lying about that?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I quoted the articles. lol

If you are looking for details about the negotiation in the articles, there isn't much of that, but that's not uncommon because the media isn't present for the negotiation and nobody from the two sides is providing a blow by blow account of the negotiation. Even when they do report something from "sources", they prove to be wrong much of the time, and we never know how much, if any, is credible.

But since you questioned whether there was a negotiation last year based on the notion the media wasn't reporting on it, it is fair to point out that every one of those articles indicates there was a negotiation last year.

And, again, you admitted yourself to reading an article where Jerry talks about the negotiation, and he thought it was going well. Are you suggesting Jerry was lying about that?

OK, we can continue this but not if you are going to just start lying about what I said. I never ever questioned the fact that there was negotiation attempted. I simply said that I don't believe Dak and CAA were ever interested in an extension and that it was not the fault of the team that they didn't get something done, a you and others have blamed them for. So none of that even has barring on this discussion.

I admitted to reading one article that had some discussion over it. But none of the articles I commented on, that you posted, were the article in question. What does that prove?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, we can continue this but not if you are going to just start lying about what I said. I never ever questioned the fact that there was negotiation attempted. I simply said that I don't believe Dak and CAA were ever interested in an extension and that it was not the fault of the team that they didn't get something done, a you and others have blamed them for. So none of that even has barring on this discussion.

I admitted to reading one article that had some discussion over it. But none of the articles I commented on, that you posted, were the article in question. What does that prove?
You are really denying saying first, that you didn't recall there being negotiations at all, and then later suggesting that even if there were talks Dak wasn't serious about them?

That was the whole reason I posted the articles - because you said that the media didn't report anything about negotiations taking place last year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
lol - well then you are the ones that won't read the articles because they did say what I indicated they said. It is there in print.

Yes, you quoted them. I read them all. I am completely fine with everybody else reading them and coming to their own conclusions. It is, in fact, all there in print.

What do you mean by "you are the ONEs that won't read the articles"? What do you mean by "One's" What is it that you contend they say? Why don't we start there?

Lastly, don't let this get to your head. This is not personal for me but then again, I don't really have time to get bogged down with any kind of personal juvenile back and forth stuff. I have been very respectful of your opinions and to you directly. Don't get crazy and go off the rails here cause I feel like that's exactly where you are heading.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are really denying saying first, that you didn't recall there being negotiations at all, and then later suggesting that even if there were talks Dak wasn't serious about them?

That was the whole reason I posted the articles - because you said that the media didn't report anything about negotiations taking place last year.

As for what that proves, it proves that Jerry felt that there was a serious negotiation going on a year ago, despite your suggestion there wasn't, and it proves that you either didn't read the other articles, or are turning a blind eye to the fact they all show the media actually did report on a negotiation last year despite your suggestion they did not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Yes. I'm definitely saying that. I said that I don't remember there being much negotiation between the two, which is very different then no negotiations at all. If you recall, I outlined offers made by the team for an extension so obviously, there was an attempt on behalf of the team but, there was never ever going to be an extension IMO because again, that's not what team Dak wanted.

I never said there were none. I specifically asked you if you remembered any and if you had info on them, to please post them. Well, you did post articles but they weren't about the negotiations. I'm sorry, most of them had no detail at all. Most of them weren't about the negotiations.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, you quoted them. I read them all. I am completely fine with everybody else reading them and coming to their own conclusions. It is, in fact, all there in print.

What do you mean by "you are the ONEs that won't read the articles"? What do you mean by "One's" What is it that you contend they say? Why don't we start there?

Lastly, don't let this get to your head. This is not personal for me but then again, I don't really have time to get bogged down with any kind of personal juvenile back and forth stuff. I have been very respectful of your opinions and to you directly. Don't get crazy and go off the rails here cause I feel like that's exactly where you are heading.
You don't recall suggesting I didn't read the articles? That's what I meant when I said you were apparently the one that didn't.

This is turning weird.

And, every one of those articles did indicate that a negotiation occurred last year, and if you didn't see that in the articles you either didn't read them or refused to see. Hell, I gave direct quotes from some of the articles.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As for what that proves, it proves that Jerry felt that there was a serious negotiation going on a year ago, despite your suggestion there wasn't, and it proves that you either didn't read the other articles, or are turning a blind eye to the fact they all show the media actually did report on a negotiation last year despite your suggestion they did not.

It proves that Jerry wouldn't admit anything, in regards to negotiations and that he is wise enough to always try and spin a good face on things. That's all it really proves.

I'm not gonna argue with this all day. Your posts, while appreciated, are not about the negotiations of an extension. It's as simple as that but I'll let everybody come to their own conclusions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You don't recall suggesting I didn't read the articles? That's what I meant when I said you were apparently the one that didn't.

This is turning weird.

And, every one of those articles did indicate that a negotiation occurred last year, and if you didn't see that in the articles you either didn't read them or refused to see. Hell, I gave direct quotes from some of the articles.

No, I don't recall suggesting that at all.

OK, this is no longer a discussion in good faith or even honest dialog. We're done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. I'm definitely saying that. I said that I don't remember there being much negotiation between the two, which is very different then no negotiations at all. If you recall, I outlined offers made by the team for an extension so obviously, there was an attempt on behalf of the team but, there was never ever going to be an extension IMO because again, that's not what team Dak wanted.

I never said there were none. I specifically asked you if you remembered any and if you had info on them, to please post them. Well, you did post articles but they weren't about the negotiations. I'm sorry, most of them had no detail at all. Most of them weren't about the negotiations.

lol - you said lack of media reporting proves there was no serious negotiation - are you denying that?

And are you denying that I provided examples of the media actually reporting there was a negotiation?

And are you denying that Jerry said there was a negotiation and he felt it was going well?

All my writing in red above was to show the media did indicate there was a negotiation because you claimed the media did not report it. You indicated what I wrote may not be accurate. Since I wasn't commenting on the accuracy of the media, but rather simply that the media did report the negotiation, how was what I said inaccurate? What I said, and in some cases quoted directly, was in the article. Are you saying Ithose things weren't actually in the article and that I somehow forged the article? Remember, I gave a link.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
lol - you said lack of media reporting proves there was no serious negotiation - are you denying that?

And are you denying that I provided examples of the media actually reporting there was a negotiation?

And are you denying that Jerry said there was a negotiation and he felt it was going well?

All my writing in red above was to show the media did indicate there was a negotiation because you claimed the media did not report it. You indicated what I wrote may not be accurate. Since I wasn't commenting on the accuracy of the media, but rather simply that the media did report the negotiation, how was what I said inaccurate? What I said, and in some cases quoted directly, was in the article. Are you saying Ithose things weren't actually in the article and that I somehow forged the article? Remember, I gave a link.

Done Omer.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
So far, more fans dont want to give him a contract extension than the homers that do :cool:

CZ wisening up

Yep...
ill-be-happy-to-check-the-math-but-numbers-dont-lie-penny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.