What does an acceptable rebuild transition period look like for you?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Earlier you posted you never say these type things.
I say that all the time but it doesn’t mean it will definitely happen if we move on from Dak. Nothing is guaranteed bad or good if we move on. The likelihood of it leading to a bad season is very possible if we don’t have a solid replacement. Like I keep saying it’s not going to be easy to replace him with a better QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I say that all the time but it doesn’t mean it will definitely happen if we move on from Dak. Nothing is guaranteed bad or good if we move on. The likelihood of it leading to a bad season is very possible if we don’t have a solid replacement. Like I keep saying it’s not going to be easy to replace him with a better QB.
It would take awhile to replace Dak’s production, but is there a more patient fanbase than Dallas Cowboys fans? What’s two or three losing seasons if it results in a positive step forward? The Cowboys garner a highly regarded quarterback coming out of the college ranks. Everything would be pointing up. Posters on CZ would all be aligned with each other praising the owner/gm. It would be magnificent.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
It would take awhile to replace Dak’s production, but is there a more patient fanbase than Dallas Cowboys fans? What’s two or three losing seasons if it results in a positive step forward? The Cowboys garner a highly regarded quarterback coming out of the college ranks. Everything would be pointing up. Posters on CZ would all be aligned with each other praising the owner/gm. It would be magnificent.
we have CeeDee young, get a QB to grow with him. how is this so hard for people.

everything else still comes down to coaching. the trenches, the offense, and how the defense plays. the only solid is ST lately, and our new kicker. what a find that was.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Once it gets blown up you just never know. I don’t really have any expectations.

It would depend a lot on the new QB. If we go into a QB wasteland it could be a long time. Just look around the league.

I’m good with a rebuild though. I’ll root for them the same as I do now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can’t just assume how long it could take to replace him. It could lead to a bunch of down years if you don’t find a good enough QB. It’s not just the production you have to replace it’s his leadership. No one that gets paid to talk football ever questions his leadership. I like our chances of getting over the hump with him better than I do rolling the dice with another QB. If he starts to falter during the regular season, my opinion will change. As long as he’s getting us consistently to the playoffs I want to stay with him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You can’t just assume how long it could take to replace him. It could lead to a bunch of down years if you don’t find a good enough QB. It’s not just the production you have to replace it’s his leadership. No one that gets paid to talk football ever questions his leadership. I like our chances of getting over the hump with him better than I do rolling the dice with another QB. If he starts to falter during the regular season, my opinion will change. As long as he’s getting us consistently to the playoffs I want to stay with him.
you are niot winning anything now, why do you wish to hold on to that? do you think he ll magically flip a switch and put it together?

i think of it like this, "if a person says they ll punch you in the face, how many times will you allow them to do so before you realize they mean what they say?" Dak , even tho im a fan of his, has proven he cant do it, and yet you want ot hold on that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you are niot winning anything now, why do you wish to hold on to that? do you think he ll magically flip a switch and put it together?

i think of it like this, "if a person says they ll punch you in the face, how many times will you allow them to do so before you realize they mean what they say?" Dak , even tho im a fan of his, has proven he cant do it, and yet you want ot hold on that?
You hold on because we’ve been very successful during the regular season and we’re consistently making the playoffs. We’ve made the playoffs three consecutive seasons, the first time that’s happened since our great championship teams of the 90s. We won the NFC East two of the last three years. This is why you hold on. The “team” has proven they can’t do it. Our defense never shows up in the playoffs. I’m not putting all that on our QB. If Dak was the only one crapping the bed in postseason then I would agree, it’s time to move on. We don’t have a QB problem. We have a team/culture problem created by Jerry Jones.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You hold on because we’ve been very successful during the regular season and we’re consistently making the playoffs. We’ve made the playoffs three consecutive seasons, the first time that’s happened since our great championship teams of the 90s. We won the NFC East two of the last three years. This is why you hold on. The “team” has proven they can’t do it. Our defense never shows up in the playoffs. I’m not putting all that on our QB. If Dak was the only one crapping the bed in postseason then I would agree, it’s time to move on. We don’t have a QB problem. We have a team/culture problem created by Jerry Jones.

we are not successful, we beat bad teams and on occasiaon one or two good teams and thats it, how is that successful? lets start there, than you ll realize the rest of your argument is useless.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
we are not successful, we beat bad teams and on occasiaon one or two good teams and thats it, how is that successful? lets start there, than you ll realize the rest of your argument is useless.
Winning 12 games three consecutive seasons in the NFL is being successful. It’s an any given Sunday league and there’s no cupcakes out there. If you’re not ready to play, you’ll get your butt handed to you and the Cowboys found that out in week three against AZ who only won four games all season. Not wasting any more time with you on this.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Winning 12 games three consecutive seasons in the NFL is being successful. It’s an any given Sunday league and there’s no cupcakes out there. If you’re not ready to play, you’ll get your butt handed to you and the Cowboys found that out in week three against AZ. Not wasting any more time with you on this.
because you know that record was a lie, the team played its schedule by crunching the numbers, if the EAgles dont implode, Dallas has a harder time. we can beat bad teams but not good teams, in your logic, theres enough bad teams to be successful., im guessing you didnt notice, but that translate in the playoffs. its not any given sunday, its people not knowing how things work.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How do you know it would take that long? Another QB couldn't come here and have a good year? He has to be Dak or nothing??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Winning 12 games three consecutive seasons in the NFL is being successful. It’s an any given Sunday league and there’s no cupcakes out there. If you’re not ready to play, you’ll get your butt handed to you and the Cowboys found that out in week three against AZ who only won four games all season. Not wasting any more time with you on this.
There's no cupcakes so why do fans on here constantly say we should blow this team out, they said it about green Bay and other teams we played

Kwyn

Reaction score
we have CeeDee young, get a QB to grow with him. how is this so hard for people.

everything else still comes down to coaching. the trenches, the offense, and how the defense plays. the only solid is ST lately, and our new kicker. what a find that was.
This is a QB driven league but you pretty much just blew past that part, lol.

Just get a coach, have CeeDee and matched up with Aubrey, we’re set!

Ask the Jets how easy it is. They last had a franchise QB when Namath was under center.

The Bears. Well they may finally have one if they get lucky with this pick. It’s been like 75 years since the last one.

Vikings? 50?

Washington? 35 or 40?

Browns? 35 or so?

I’m good with moving on from Dak but I have no illusions whatsoever about what that could mean.

And frankly, it’s people who seem to think we are somehow guaranteed a Super Bowl just by changing QBs, that worry me because it means we’re in for a lot more fighting to come when magic doesn’t happen and things get even more difficult.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There's no cupcakes so why do fans on here constantly say we should blow this team out, they said it about green Bay and other teams we played
Fans got overconfident after some of the blowouts we had. There’s some on here that predict blowout wins every week. The ones that predicted we would blow out Green Bay are still trying to digest all the crow they ate.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just curious for those who want to blow it up, or at the very least move on from Dak. How long would you be comfortable absolutely sucking after?
This isn't a loaded question either, or a disguised thread to fearmonger what losing dak would look like. I'm just coming around, and wondering how others feel.

I'd hate just being terrible with no hope for 3 years +.
The key is acquiring a great QB.
Then you build.

From day one, when you aquire a QB the excitement begins.
There's a small chance it maybe Lance, I think you put a system in place like we did for Dak in 2016 and see what you've got. If he fails, you're in great draft position in 2025.
You can even use Parsons to aquire the 1st pick if needed.

Jerry needs to realize sharing the success with a QB and a HC is better than floundering around as a also ran.
Then, let the excitement begin.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I was just playing devil’s advocate. The Cowboys move off Prescott they will regret it for years. Prescott is pretty much all the Dallas Cowboys have that is a legitimate value. It is why he is their highest paid employee and is about to get a raise.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fans got overconfident after some of the blowouts we had. There’s some on here that predict blowout wins every week. The ones that predicted we would blow out Green Bay are still trying to digest all the crow they ate.
YESSSSSS, but in the grand scheme of things, should we ever look past any NFL team!??