What does an acceptable rebuild transition period look like for you?

khiladi

Reaction score
Started Zach Wilson for the first time? He played almost the entire game the week before in the opener and was making his 23rd start. Lol Spin all the hate you want but Dak had a very good game against their number two pass defense. You just keep looking for ways to tear him down. You don’t like him, we get it!
LOL.. so dude wants to act like it wasn’t his first start. Zach Wilson didn’t get any reps as the starter at all in training camp or until Rodgers got injured and the Jets invested their whole season in AR being healthy. Zach Wilson was absolute garbage to start the season and there is no spin. 4 TOs…. 42 minutes to 17 minutes TOP and Dak couldn’t even put the ball in the end zone the whole second half and the red zone issues kept going on until he hit curb stomped by the 49ers and they had to dumb down the offense for him again..

Blitzen

Reaction score
He’s won in the playoffs, he just hasn’t gone deep. You continue to put it all on him. The first step to winning a championship is making the playoffs and there’s a lot of QBs in the league that can’t lead their teams to the playoffs. Those are the teams looking for QBs. The first three teams picking in the draft are looking for a QB.

Who are all these exceptional teams that are just looking for that one capable QB that can take them from bottom third in the league to the playoffs?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter.

They need to draft nearly perfectly for their plan to have a remote shot to work.

They don’t, but for some reason they THINK they do.

Proof

Reaction score
There are no other QB’s on the Cowboys roster that can produce wins with the roster. So sayeth the Lord…
you’re delusional if you think there is a qb on the roster that can produce at the rate dak has

kskboys

Reaction score
Problem is, a good rebuild takes hard decisions and accurate judgment and assessment of players. Our FO is capable of neither.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
It is utterly insane that you are hammering the Cowboys for players they didn’t pick.
Fine, then I'll hammer them for every single QB between Aikman and Romo that they did pick. Point being, the only good QBs this franchise has had since Aikman, who Jimmy picked, were lucky acquisitions. Anytime they've been linked to a first or second round QB pick that player has been a bust. I'm not trying to "hammer them", I'm making the point that they have a horrid track record when it comes to drafting and developing QB talent, save for the two anomalies that they initially picked as after-thoughts who happened to pan out. Striking gold twice is rare enough, I don't want to bank on that happening again if Dak walks. Maybe things are different now with McClay, but we'd also have to get rid of alot of picks and/or players to get high enough in the draft to get a franchise QB anytime soon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who are all these exceptional teams that are just looking for that one capable QB that can take them from bottom third in the league to the playoffs?
If a team is looking for a capable QB then they aren’t exceptional. Any team that’s having QB issues aren’t making the playoffs and usual have a high draft pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL.. so dude wants to act like it wasn’t his first start. Zach Wilson didn’t get any reps as the starter at all in training camp or until Rodgers got injured and the Jets invested their whole season in AR being healthy. Zach Wilson was absolute garbage to start the season and there is no spin. 4 TOs…. 42 minutes to 17 minutes TOP and Dak couldn’t even put the ball in the end zone the whole second half and the red zone issues kept going on until he hit curb stomped by the 49ers and they had to dumb down the offense for him again..
Wilson is a veteran QB and led the Jets to a win over Buffalo in the opener. He actually played pretty well or no way would they have beaten the Bills. He then had a full week of preparation for the Cowboys. He even completed a long TD pass against us. In every blowout win we had the opposing QB sucked. It had nothing to do with the lack of reps.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
YESSSSSS, but in the grand scheme of things, should we ever look past any NFL team!??
We should never look past anyone, but the team and fans usually do. Every season we have at least one embarrassing loss to someone we should have beaten. Last season it was the Cardinals and Joshua Dobbs.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think it matters what we think an "acceptable" period of rebuild will take. Jerry's idea is still ongoing for the past 29 years and counting. He has all the time in the world anyway. :banghead:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm just curious for those who want to blow it up, or at the very least move on from Dak. How long would you be comfortable absolutely sucking after?
This isn't a loaded question either, or a disguised thread to fearmonger what losing dak would look like. I'm just coming around, and wondering how others feel.

I'd hate just being terrible with no hope for 3 years +.
Well 29 years has been too long.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I'm just curious for those who want to blow it up, or at the very least move on from Dak. How long would you be comfortable absolutely sucking after?
This isn't a loaded question either, or a disguised thread to fearmonger what losing dak would look like. I'm just coming around, and wondering how others feel.

I'd hate just being terrible with no hope for 3 years +.
This is not 1985. You can turn around quick. Cut dak. Trade parsons for 2 firsts. You have 2 1st round pick this year and next year.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
He was playing some of his best football prior to his first contract and you wanted him gone? :rolleyes: It was his outstanding play that earned him that big contract. Apparently you’re not interested in winning. You’re one of those fans that would prefer to look forward to a top 10 pick every April.
Mahommes' worst football is better than Dak's best football. Saying he's playing some of his best football literally means nothing...

Chasing6

Reaction score
I've wanted Dak gone years before his current contract was even a discussion, and you want to keep him....... and I'm the one who's not astute?
Wanting to see Trance play is definitely not astute!!!