What does your username mean?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Colo;1460952 said:
Impossible to capture the beauty of Colorado in a pic, but...
f_shelfhike.jpg

You're not kidding.

Went to Breckenridge last year to ski and then drove to Rocky Mountain National Park...It was Breathtaking.

WhizKid

Reaction score
da_whiz_kid

da= THE
Whiz= beginning of last name
kid = i'ma freakin youngin

da_whiz_kid = The Whisenhunt Kid

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Ugh, Take a guess what I love to do and do at least 5 times a week.;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ConcordCowboy;1461599 said:
You're not kidding.

Went to Breckenridge last year to ski and then drove to Rocky Mountain National Park...It was Breathtaking.

This picture is what Utah looks like. Lots of wide open spaces out here, BIG mountains and fresh air. Lots of hiking, bicycling, fishing, hunting, skiing...wilderness at it's finest.

When I used to live in Columbus, OH, there was a saying, because the rivers up east are so big, the saying was...from us out west, "We won't call ours rivers, if you won't call yours mountains..."!

;)

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hostile;1461133 said:
Holy crap!

I was right. When I approve registrations I often try and figure out where a username is derived from.

Yep! Did you take Latin or Roman History?

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
My name refers to my first name (Phil) and my location in Alberta, Canada. BTW, it's snowing outside.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1461633 said:
Yep! Did you take Latin or Roman History?
Both actually. I love History.

You never can tell on some things like that. Perhaps it could have been the name of town that is named after Scipio. I just remember when I saw it that I wondered if you chose it because of him. Sort of a deja vu moment when that was your explanation.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Aik as in Aikman and Bach as in my favorite composer...Roger;)

It is not numerically arranged because BachAik sounded like I had a herniated disc.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
burmafrd;1461181 said:
Yo Scipio- he was not that good of a general. By that time Hannibal was like Napoleon late in his career; just not as good. Of course the fact that his army was not exactly the greatest either did not help. When you look at how really not so good Hannibal's army was, it shows just how bad the Roman generals that usually faced him were. Trying to remember- it was Hannibals brother (Hasbrudal?) that got ambushed with reinforcements that really saved Rome?

My affinity for the name Scipio is almost entirely aesthetic. As I recall, Scipio defeated Hannibal at a very young age, and lived off those laurels for the remainder of his life. In fact, during a mythical encounter prior to their battle, Hannibal portended his defeat by telling Scipio "I fear your perpetual youth." However, the battle was as much a matter of circumstance as anything Scipio did tactically. Instead of confronting Hannibal directly, Scipio decided to attack Hannibal's home city of Carthage. This tactic forced Hannibal to withdraw from his current engagements and flee back home to defend it, but by the time he arrived, his army was so decimated by endless fighting with various Roman generals and crossing the Alps that Scipio defeated him easily.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
5Stars;1461631 said:
This picture is what Utah looks like. Lots of wide open spaces out here, BIG mountains and fresh air. Lots of hiking, bicycling, fishing, hunting, skiing...wilderness at it's finest.

When I used to live in Columbus, OH, there was a saying, because the rivers up east are so big, the saying was...from us out west, "We won't call ours rivers, if you won't call yours mountains..."!
;)

I've seen plenty of pics of Utah...Looks awesome.

Wouldn't mind visiting there at all.

:laugh2: We have nothing in the East that even remotely compares to the Mountains you guys have.

We have hills.:D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
mine is just a obvious misspelling of dragonking, that i've used for 6 years :). The best thing about it is when i go to register, and i'm uncertain if i've registered there or not, if they say user name is taken. It pretty much answers my question.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's my name.

I was going to use the name "Wayne_Motley" but it was taken. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ConcordCowboy;1461676 said:
I've seen plenty of pics of Utah...Looks awesome.

Wouldn't mind visiting there at all.

:laugh2: We have nothing in the East that even remotely compares to the Mountains you guys have.

We have hills.:D

That is funny...

When I got to Columbus and met some friends after settling down...they invited me to go down to Virginia to go hiking in some mountains! I was like, "hell yeah, let's go...!"

So we travel down there and we arrive to the destination.

"Here we are,"...they said!!

I looked around and said, where are the mountians?

Right over there...you can't see them?

:D

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1461680 said:
It's my name.

I was going to use the name "Wayne_Motley" but it was taken. :)

Mine too, guess we aren't that creative up here in the Northeast.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I have an eternal love for the team that wears the blue star and "Blue Star" was already taken. ;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarv;1461685 said:
Mine too, guess we aren't that creative up here in the Northeast.

:laugh2:

Our minds are focused on more important things...

like...

like...

Come'on Jarv help me out here... :)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
5Stars;1461682 said:
That is funny...

When I got to Columbus and met some friends after settling down...they invited me to go down to Virginia to go hiking in some mountains! I was like, "hell yeah, let's go...!"

So we travel down there and we arrive to the destination.

"Here we are,"...they said!!

I looked around and said, where are the mountains?

Right over there...you can't see them?

:D

My wife and I went skiing in New York (Holiday Valley) and we thought wow look at those mountains.

And we skied reasonably well for not skiing in 13 years.

So then we go out to Colorado a month later and we where like are you kidding me!

Those were mountains. Needless to say our skiing wasn't as good.:D

At Breckenridge almost all of their Blues where Black Diamonds if not Double Black Diamonds at Holiday Valley.:eek:

But it was a blast and I can't wait to go back.