What I hope to see for the rest of FA from the Cowboys

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He certainly would help, but the Cowboys love Lamb inside the slot
I got a prediction for you that you are going to hate. I think the Cowboys trade back from 24 and draft a running late in the first round. Especially if Tyron is resigned. Book it…….

Sandyf

Reaction score
For me, I would like to see some of these be considered.

RBs
Alexander Mathison
Cam Akers
J.K. Robbins
Zeke Elliott
One or two would be good and should be cheap

WRs
Mike Williams on heavy incentives contract
Parris Campbell
DJ Chalk
Hunter Renfrow

OL
Tyron Smith

DL
Carl Lawson
Yannick Ngakoue
Chase Young
Taken Bryant
Jonathan Hankins

LBs
Isaiah Simmons
Julian Owara
Blake Martinez

CBs
Stephon Gilmore
CJ Henderson
Rock Ya-Sin
Kristian Fulton

morasp

Reaction score
Think I rather fortify the OL, find a runner and add another linebacker
That's fine but even If they do keep Cooks they will go into the season with Lamb, Cooks who is another year older and only had 657 yards receiving last season, a late round three pick with Tolbert, a 7th round pick that they really like, and maybe some later round pick from this years draft. Last year was a strong WR class and this year looks pretty good as well but they will probably miss out on both of them.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That's fine but even If they do keep Cooks they will go into the season with Lamb, Cooks who is another year older and only had 657 yards receiving last season, a late round three pick with Tolbert, a 7th round pick that they really like, and maybe some later round pick from this years draft. Last year was a strong WR class and this year looks pretty good as well but they will probably miss out on both of them.
They also really like Turpin as a receiver. Cooks from everything I’ve heard is returning. Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks and don’t rule out that Pittsburgh receiver we signed as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I got a prediction for you that you are going to hate. I think the Cowboys trade back from 24 and draft a running late in the first round. Especially if Tyron is resigned. Book it…….
I don’t see taking a 1st rd running back, but could see a trade back to recoup that 4th rounder traded for Lance. Really believe Barton from weeks ago is out most likely pick

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t see taking a 1st rd running back, but could see a trade back to recoup that 4th rounder traded for Lance. Really believe Barton from weeks ago is out most likely pick
Barton would be an excellent pick but the Joneses just drafted two lineman and a linebacker in the last 3 drafts. You know it’s time to get the juices flowing and draft an offensive skill player to market.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
or you guys could face facts, and accept dallas will be an avg team that probably wont make the playoffs.
They will be doing good to field a team that can compete a little.
I predict 9-8 is the best they can do this season, and it could be worse.
All other defenses need to do to beat dallas is dbl or triple cover lamb and dallas cant run so there you go lol.The end zone is something
these cowboys wont see much of.

Here we go !! lol

I would suggest finding a alternate team to root for this year. I have 2 teams picked out that will be more fun than dallas.

Dallas draft will be a little interesting , but it cant help the team this year. Dallas picks at 24th lol, not gonna get anything of note
picking that low.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Barton would be an excellent pick but the Joneses just drafted two lineman and a linebacker in the last 3 drafts. You know it’s time to get the juices flowing and draft an offensive skill player to market.
Now with Tyron gone, cannot see them not going OL in the 1st rd

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, we all want to see the front office change their philosophy of just building through the draft and paying their own, but it is not happening this offseason. Based on past history, we know the team likes to cover their holes with low cost veteran talent prior to the draft and they are willing to bring back players already in their program. My hope for the rest of free agency would look like this:

Players I try to resign

-Tyron Smith-find a way to come to a middle ground, perhaps an incentive laden contract based on playing time. This would cover a huge hole at the position at least for another season.

-Stephon Gilmore-we have no idea how Trevon Diggs will look year 1 post acl injury. Gilmore is a good insurance policy that would allow Diggs to work back in slowly. It also gives more time to develop a young prospect like Scott at the position.

-Jonathan Hankins-team invested a 1st rd pick for his eventual replacement, but Mazi just isn't ready. Not only on the field, but he has to put on all that weight he lost during the season. Who knows what happened there, but he was drafted to be a run stopper, anything else was gravy.

Outside Free Agents

-RB-Dalvin Cook, Foreman, Harris, Hunts, Edwards-Helarie are all unsigned. They all are quality veterans that should come cheap and work well as a tandem with any running back the team decides to draft. Yes, they will definitely draft one this year.

-DE-team just lost a ton of depth to Washington in Armstrong/Fowler, which makes them awfully thin at the position. Remember they are looking for another weakside pass rusher, such names available: Carl Lawson, Ngakoue, Barnett, Ogbah.

-Center-team doesn't want to have to force a pick in the draft. Not a great free agent class, but a player like Bozeman from Carolina, McGovern from the Jets. Could also bring back Conner Williams.

-More depth at LB/DT-probably just wishful thinking on my part.
I think one or two cheap RBs, a DE and a DT (if Hankins leaves) are likely. I think we might hold off on center until after the draft since two of the top centers are supposed to be drafted around our pick in the first round. In the meantime, they will say that like Hoffman.

I'd like to see them improve third receiver now that Gallup is gone, but I think they will just turn it over to Tolbert.

I don't see Gilmore being re-signed since we signed Lewis. And obviously, Tyron is now gone, but I think the plan will be to work out LT-LG among Tyler, Bass and Richards.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Dallas draft will be a little interesting , but it cant help the team this year. Dallas picks at 24th lol, not gonna get anything of note
picking that low.
Can usually get a top interior offensive lineman there. Their draft value isn't as high.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think one or two cheap RBs, a DE and a DT (if Hankins leaves) are likely. I think we might hold off on center until after the draft since two of the top centers are supposed to be drafted around our pick in the first round. In the meantime, they will say that like Hoffman.

I'd like to see them improve third receiver now that Gallup is gone, but I think they will just turn it over to Tolbert.

I don't see Gilmore being re-signed since we signed Lewis. And obviously, Tyron is now gone, but I think the plan will be to work out LT-LG among Tyler, Bass and Richards.
I think the receiver room remains crowded, bu lt they can always find better players.

Their plan may very well be Tyler and either 1 of those 2nd year players you mentioned. Center appears the biggest starter need if 1 of those 2 work out

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think the receiver room remains crowded, bu lt they can always find better players.

Their plan may very well be Tyler and either 1 of those 2nd year players you mentioned. Center appears the biggest starter need if 1 of those 2 work out
I think the receiver room is slight on talent, but it was last year because of Gallup's decline and Cook starting to show his age. Lamb is a No. 1, but Cooks should be a No. 3 at this point in his career. Whether Tolbert, Brooks, Bryant, Durden, McMath, Cropper or Turpin deserve to be one of the top three is very questionable. That may seem crowded, but I'm not sure how many of those deserve to be part of the crowd.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Now with Tyron gone, cannot see them not going OL in the 1st rd
They have no running backs that they trust and could put Tyler at left tackle. Trade down get the number 1 running back and then draft a left guard in the second. The Cowboys have options but they will draft a running back and lineman with the first two picks. That is all but guaranteed. The only way they take a tackle at 24 is if Mims, Guyton and the Washington kid is there. I think all the top 6 tackles will be gone. I don’t see the Cowboys taking a center in round 1.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They have no running backs that they trust and could put Tyler at left tackle. Trade down get the number 1 running back and then draft a left guard in the second. The Cowboys have options but they will draft a running back and lineman with the first two picks. That is all but guaranteed. The only way they take a tackle at 24 is if Mims, Guyton and the Washington kid is there. I think all the top 6 tackles will be gone. I don’t see the Cowboys taking a center in round 1.
There aren’t any quality backs even in the top 50

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think the receiver room is slight on talent, but it was last year because of Gallup's decline and Cook starting to show his age. Lamb is a No. 1, but Cooks should be a No. 3 at this point in his career. Whether Tolbert, Brooks, Bryant, Durden, McMath, Cropper or Turpin deserve to be one of the top three is very questionable. That may seem crowded, but I'm not sure how many of those deserve to be part of the crowd.
Thinks Cooks and Dak just were never on the same page