What I hope to see for the rest of FA from the Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thinks Cooks and Dak just were never on the same page
I don't think Cooks is a bad player, just not the same as he was. But he's been playing for 10 seasons, so it's to be expected. I'd love to see him a third receiver role, but we're not going to do that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There aren’t any quality backs even in the top 50
Not from the media scouts but the Cowboys and NFL teams think differently. I remember when the draft show did a mock draft last season and they had Bjan Robinson falling to us and everyone thought Gibbs was a second rounder. I just don’t think the Cowboys can mess around. Hopefully that like the other backs or other teams red flag Brooks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They also really like Turpin as a receiver. Cooks from everything I’ve heard is returning. Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks and don’t rule out that Pittsburgh receiver we signed as well.
Something to keep in mind, MM's offense as a Packer HC effectively used a bunch of mid-level WRS. We could very well see one or two of these players have major impacts. Also, let's be honest, it's not like we are trying to replace 70/80 catches from Gallup last season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not from the media scouts but the Cowboys and NFL teams think differently. I remember when the draft show did a mock draft last season and they had Bjan Robinson falling to us and everyone thought Gibbs was a second rounder. I just don’t think the Cowboys can mess around. Hopefully that like the other backs or other teams red flag Brooks.
I think we are preordained to take a center (Barton) in the first round and a running back (Brooks) in the second, but I've been wrong before. We do know, though, that our front office targets some players going into the draft (Tyler and Mazi) that it ends up taking.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think we are preordained to take a center (Barton) in the first round and a running back (Brooks) in the second, but I've been wrong before. We do know, though, that our front office targets some players going into the draft (Tyler and Mazi) that it ends up taking.
I think the Cowboys believe in the interior backups more than us fans do. Plus I get the feeling Tyler is going to play LT.There are good interior players to find in the middle of the draft. If your the Cowboys can you afford to draft Brooks after the way Pollard played after injury.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind, MM's offense as a Packer HC effectively used a bunch of mid-level WRS. We could very well see one or two of these players have major impacts. Also, let's be honest, it's not like we are trying to replace 70/80 catches from Gallup last season.
I don't disagree about the need, just believe they already have the numbers at the position. Could Brooks replace Gallup's lost production from last season? Absolutely, but think he and Turpin are more the 4th/5th receiver types, the issue really is with Cooks and Tolbert. Cooks most likely won't be around after next season and the same can be said about Tolbert, unless he takes that next step, but his time is running out. Are they ready to also move on from Tolbert?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The top scouts, insiders all have been saying that the running backs will start to come off the board towards the end of rd 2. There isn't any special backs this year compared to the great class from last yr. Taking a 1st rd back this yr, would be a massive reach.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't think Cooks is a bad player, just not the same as he was. But he's been playing for 10 seasons, so it's to be expected. I'd love to see him a third receiver role, but we're not going to do that.
He is still has that deep speed, but don't think he was used right in this offense. We know he won't be back next next season, but the bigger issue is really with Tolbert. He was suppose to be a quality #2/#3 type, but he is more of a 4 or 5. Question I have, is the team ready to move on from him after just 2 seasons?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The top scouts, insiders all have been saying that the running backs will start to come off the board towards the end of rd 2. There isn't any special backs this year compared to the great class from last yr. Taking a 1st rd back this yr, would be a massive reach.
You don’t think Tyler and Mazi were massive reaches by their draft grades? Benson is a great back. He would be an instant upgrade over Pollard.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't disagree about the need, just believe they already have the numbers at the position. Could Brooks replace Gallup's lost production from last season? Absolutely, but think he and Turpin are more the 4th/5th receiver types, the issue really is with Cooks and Tolbert. Cooks most likely won't be around after next season and the same can be said about Tolbert, unless he takes that next step, but his time is running out. Are they ready to also move on from Tolbert?
Let's put it this way.......for the most part, Gallup was a non-factor last season but Lamb was still unstoppable. Call it scheme or he was just that good. My point is, I don't see the urgency to bring a solid 2nd WR. I think Fergurson will see an increase in targets and with Tolbert and Cook they will be fine.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You heard Stephen. He is waiting for other teams to cut players so he can swoop in and sign them. We went from shopping at K-Mart to shopping at the 2nd hand store.
I would not be surprised of a trade or 2 like last year.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let's put it this way.......for the most part, Gallup was a non-factor last season but Lamb was still unstoppable. Call it scheme or he was just that good. My point is, I don't see the urgency to bring a solid 2nd WR. I think Fergurson will see an increase in targets and with Tolbert and Cook they will be fine.
I agree, more of a 2025 need

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You don’t think Tyler and Mazi were massive reaches by their draft grades? Benson is a great back. He would be an instant upgrade over Pollard.
Both were 2nd round prospects but our pick was late 1st rd where all their 1st rd grades were off the board. Benson is ok and has a chance to be there with our 2nd rd pick if not later

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I don’t hate their philosophies on building a team. I just can’t stand how they use marketing to get the fans riled up. Jerry knew exactly what he was doing with that All in comment. We fans took it right in the kisser.
JJ the reincarnated snake oil salesman

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Running Back - Alexander Mattison, CEH, Foreman - if needed Elliott as a vet
Tackle - Mekhi Becton
Defensive Line - Chase Young and resign Hankins

None of this will probably happen until after the draft.

Motorola

Reaction score
Even though Brooks has by consensus been rated the best of the top five RB prospects (Benson, Corum, Irving, Estime) - would it be wise to take him at 56 - coming off an ACL injury last November?