What I hope to see for the rest of FA from the Cowboys

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We also cannot forget about post june 1, 2nd wave of free agency. They will be getting more money and they have signed players before training camp in the past like Griffen, Barr, etc.

morasp

Reaction score
You would think if they add another receiver, it's probably thru the draft as the prices will be too high for their liking.
I did an informal survey of FA WRs and the average salary is $14 million with a range of $11 to $23. I heard they may cut ties with Gallup and aren't happy with Cooks price tag. If they let those guys go and draft a guy it would need to be early on or that room has just gotten a lot worse On a side note OG is in high demand with an average of $18.75 million/yr with a range of $9 million to $20 million per year.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What have they started? Jerry's obnoxious 'look at me and my wealth' yacht is still out in the Bahamas, with Jerry most likely on board. In the meantime it looks like Stephen and Charlotte are sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. So I ask again, what have they started?
Your bakery would be all out of pie.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Stephen is waiting on the price to drop for Tyron and Gilmore before he talks to them. They could get scooped up by another team but if they are still around for really cheap i'd expect stephen to call their agents. Not sure why hankins wasn't re-signed he's alrerady really cheap so maybe they are waiting to see if a better player falls to his cheapness or they are just being lazy I dunno.

morasp

Reaction score
You can't stunt the growth of Jalen Tolbert.
This is his third year so we'll see how it goes. I don't expect Lamb type production but somewhere in the range of Cook's 54/657 should be doable.

starfan1

Reaction score
What have they started? Jerry's obnoxious 'look at me and my wealth' yacht is still out in the Bahamas, with Jerry most likely on board. In the meantime it looks like Stephen and Charlotte are sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. So I ask again, what have they started?
dude how long have you been on this site? If you don't recognize Risen's sense of humor not sure you can be helped.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes, we all want to see the front office change their philosophy of just building through the draft and paying their own, but it is not happening this offseason. Based on past history, we know the team likes to cover their holes with low cost veteran talent prior to the draft and they are willing to bring back players already in their program. My hope for the rest of free agency would look like this:

Players I try to resign

-Tyron Smith-find a way to come to a middle ground, perhaps an incentive laden contract based on playing time. This would cover a huge hole at the position at least for another season.

-Stephon Gilmore-we have no idea how Trevon Diggs will look year 1 post acl injury. Gilmore is a good insurance policy that would allow Diggs to work back in slowly. It also gives more time to develop a young prospect like Scott at the position.

-Jonathan Hankins-team invested a 1st rd pick for his eventual replacement, but Mazi just isn't ready. Not only on the field, but he has to put on all that weight he lost during the season. Who knows what happened there, but he was drafted to be a run stopper, anything else was gravy.

Outside Free Agents

-RB-Dalvin Cook, Foreman, Harris, Hunts, Edwards-Helarie are all unsigned. They all are quality veterans that should come cheap and work well as a tandem with any running back the team decides to draft. Yes, they will definitely draft one this year.

-DE-team just lost a ton of depth to Washington in Armstrong/Fowler, which makes them awfully thin at the position. Remember they are looking for another weakside pass rusher, such names available: Carl Lawson, Ngakoue, Barnett, Ogbah.

-Center-team doesn't want to have to force a pick in the draft. Not a great free agent class, but a player like Bozeman from Carolina, McGovern from the Jets. Could also bring back Conner Williams.

-More depth at LB/DT-probably just wishful thinking on my part.
Good post.
Mentioned Cowboys FAs you prefer, plus allude to other FAs throughout the league you like.
Hopefully the FO cranks it up a notch in acquiring talent for the last half of March.

Motorola

Reaction score
You heard Stephen. He is waiting for other teams to cut players so he can swoop in and sign them. We went from shopping at K-Mart to shopping at the 2nd hand store.
Goodwill Industries
St. Vincent de Paul
Salvation Army
Value Village

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I did an informal survey of FA WRs and the average salary is $14 million with a range of $11 to $23. I heard they may cut ties with Gallup and aren't happy with Cooks price tag. If they let those guys go and draft a guy it would need to be early on or that room has just gotten a lot worse On a side note OG is in high demand with an average of $18.75 million/yr with a range of $9 million to $20 million per year.
It appears they will be losing Gallup, but heard they really like Brooks. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they draft another somewhere in the top 3 rds

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes, we all want to see the front office change their philosophy of just building through the draft and paying their own, but it is not happening this offseason. Based on past history, we know the team likes to cover their holes with low cost veteran talent prior to the draft and they are willing to bring back players already in their program. My hope for the rest of free agency would look like this:

Players I try to resign

-Tyron Smith-find a way to come to a middle ground, perhaps an incentive laden contract based on playing time. This would cover a huge hole at the position at least for another season.

-Stephon Gilmore-we have no idea how Trevon Diggs will look year 1 post acl injury. Gilmore is a good insurance policy that would allow Diggs to work back in slowly. It also gives more time to develop a young prospect like Scott at the position.

-Jonathan Hankins-team invested a 1st rd pick for his eventual replacement, but Mazi just isn't ready. Not only on the field, but he has to put on all that weight he lost during the season. Who knows what happened there, but he was drafted to be a run stopper, anything else was gravy.

Outside Free Agents

-RB-Dalvin Cook, Foreman, Harris, Hunts, Edwards-Helarie are all unsigned. They all are quality veterans that should come cheap and work well as a tandem with any running back the team decides to draft. Yes, they will definitely draft one this year.

-DE-team just lost a ton of depth to Washington in Armstrong/Fowler, which makes them awfully thin at the position. Remember they are looking for another weakside pass rusher, such names available: Carl Lawson, Ngakoue, Barnett, Ogbah.

-Center-team doesn't want to have to force a pick in the draft. Not a great free agent class, but a player like Bozeman from Carolina, McGovern from the Jets. Could also bring back Conner Williams.

-More depth at LB/DT-probably just wishful thinking on my part.
The Cowboys are in full dumpster diving mode. They don’t want to mess with the comp picks for 2025. Maybe they will resign Gilmore and Tyron but both would have to be team friendly deals. The Cowboys are looking to fill the big holes through the draft and let the 2nd year players get a shot. I believe Stephen. They are working on Dak, CeeDee, and Micah’s contracts now.

morasp

Reaction score
It appears they will be losing Gallup, but heard they really like Brooks. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they draft another somewhere in the top 3 rds
I would much prefer the top 2 rounds.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in full dumpster diving mode. They don’t want to mess with the comp picks for 2025. Maybe they will resign Gilmore and Tyron but both would have to be team friendly deals. The Cowboys are looking to fill the big holes through the draft and let the 2nd year players get a shot. I believe Stephen. They are working on Dak, CeeDee, and Micah’s contracts now.
Don't like it, but it's the truth.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We also cannot forget about post june 1, 2nd wave of free agency. They will be getting more money and they have signed players before training camp in the past like Griffen, Barr, etc.
9 Mill from lve