What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who are all these fans not enjoying the ride? IM not seeing them. Every Cowboysfan I know ( not in forums) is ecstatic.

This whole topic is just a strawman plain and sample......another opportunity to whine and throw shade on other people.

If the OP is truly happy he wouldn't have to come up with a " call out" thread

We should be discussing the upcoming game against the bill's instead of this drama
Some people just can't stand that others have the ability to both be critical and still enjoy the wins. For them, they think if you have anything negative to say, or express concerns about our ability to win in the big games, then you are actively rooting against the team and must be miserable when we win.

They are the same ones taking victory laps on Dak, who has played some amazing ball, arguably better than any other qb in the league over the past several weeks, and if he continues, will deservedly win the MVP.

Now, all that I just said makes them happy, but the thing that gets their nuts in a twist, is if you point out that it has been against some of the worst defenses in the league, and as of this moment, he has not accomplished anything more than he has in the past when it comes to the postseason. Hopefully, he will change that narrative this year.

Both statements are true, yet they will only focus on the second thing I said.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If people want to spend their time constantly being miserable then it’s not unreasonable for others to not want them around.
But it's in a place where you can't get rid of anyone, not your living room you control. It's peoples' choice to spend energy where they aren't going to make headway, but isn't that a little slice of misery in its own right?

I'm just saying if your fandom is going great, by all means revel in it. Who cares about what others do or if they need to eat crow or want to join the party late? It's almost like telling people to ignore the media and then coming to the board with an emotional thread about something the media said. Free country but interesting nonetheless.

Cmac

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
You're not wrong RonnieT24.......but what's the difference when we read posts that rip a player brutally one week and praise him relentlessly the next week. You know it's like that on the board, and it's a game by game, play by play viewpoint and opinion about this team from ......US. Unfortunately, through it all, we sort through the buffet of posts that reveal reason, ridiculousness, fairness, subjectivity, objectivity, venom, heartache, joy and insight. It's the entertainment of this board. You get some of everything like an All-you-can eat buffet.

So maybe we temper things to ease any anticipated misery, or pending doom, curse, or karma. Jimmy is going in the ROH soon, though a bit too long coming. (Hmmm....a sign).

So, let's go down this upcoming journey......one game at a time and hope the Football Gods say, in a few weeks, "it's time.". And if it does, I'm going to want another......I'll be greedy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who are all these fans not enjoying the ride? IM not seeing them. Every Cowboysfan I know ( not in forums) is ecstatic.

This whole topic is just a strawman plain and sample......another opportunity to whine and throw shade on other people.

If the OP is truly happy he wouldn't have to come up with a " call out" thread

We should be discussing the upcoming game against the bill's instead of this drama
I honestly don't know or care who they are. A few of them I think got benched if i'm not mistake. So it is what it is. But I have no problem with people doing this. Its a forum and its Wednesday and plus I hate the doom and gloom crowd. Just because we haven't won in 28 years doesn't mean we should have to sit through your doom and gloom midseason. I don't interact with these type of people in real life but i'm sure a lot of them are either Eagles fans or just playing up to a role on this site. I doubt anyone acts like this outside of this site.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Man, some of y'all worry WAY too much about what strangers think, or say on a message board. Yes, you're wrong, and honestly I'd find a therapist and dig deep into why you're so worried about that type of stuff.
Why are you worried about a poster worrying about what strangers on a message birdseed think? I have to admit I worry admit you Lonnie.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
The Cowboys are very good and will be a big favorite in the 1st playoff game no matter what. If they are in the 1 spot, they will be favored in every game they play.
Doesn’t mean anything until they win in the playoffs. I’ll enjoy the season up until their last game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
Remember this board has been infiltrated by Giants, Washington, and fake Eagles/Cowboys fans over the years. So I really ignore the Debbie Downer crowd.

lwehlers

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
i am one of those fans that is always a half glass full fan. i am excited about this season so far but the other half of me is trying not to get to excited. i seen this team lose to early in the playoffs when i actually thought that they were going to win it all. this season feels like 2014 right now and of course that season ended to soon and that is what i am afraid will happen this season. i really would like to this team at least making it to the nfc championship game. of course making the superbowl would be really fun to see but i am trying not to look that far ahead right now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I will say though, something does feel different about this squad though.
Many of us said the same thing in 2007 and 2014. And we were bitterly disappointed.

I'm not going through that again. Will I be ecstatic if they do "hoist the Lombardi"?

You bet. Until then, I will enjoy the wins, but it won't raise my hopes, I'll wait until the next game....

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
I am enjoying the ride
But my eyes are open to the issues this team has.
You can actually do both.

rambo2

Reaction score
I am enjoying the ride
But my eyes are open to the issues this team has.
You can actually do both.
Are you going to admit that they actually can win the championship? You have said in the past that they never will win with Jerry as the gm.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
You're not wrong! I catch myself at times too and have to remind myself to enjoy this and any season which gives the team a chance to get deeper into the playoffs. I'm mostly positive, but still have to catch myself at times.

Darkhound

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
With all due respect,
You are the type of fan that this team keeps fooling.

Your awakening will be rough

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
My excitement comes at the playoffs. Nothing about this season has surprised me, except the ARI game. I expected (like MANY) that Dallas would be about were they are. Good team. Great record. In Division hunt, with comfortable position in the wildcard. For me this is all preseason. I don’t care if the win out or lose out. As long as when the real season starts they can make a run to at least the NFCCG.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
Yup you right! That's why you enjoy it when your team is good. Anything can happen when you enter the post season.....