What is wrong with tanking?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ethics in football went out the door around the time plastic helmets replaced leather helmets.

So, I say this: What's ethical about freezing a kicker? Or stashing healthy players on the injured unable to perform list?
Or coaches blowing smoke about their intended draftee and then choosing another?
What is ethical about fans making it impossible for the opposing QB to hear his cadence or a feigned injury to stop a clock? Or announcers breathlessly promoting an upcoming game between a 9-1 team against a 1-9 team?
Or deflated balls, stolen signals and sweetheart deals by municipalities to attract and keep NFL teams?

This proud rude boy from Leeds long ago gave up thinking there were ethics in professional NFL?

Me? I think of tanking as a strategic plan to make a football team better.
If you think tanking for 2021 is wrong, then I don't want to be right. So then go ahead enjoying your 8-8 seasons and the upcoming 3-13 season.

Holla and brings me a dollah!
Or holla and just owe me a dollar!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ethics in football went out the door around the time plastic helmets replaced leather helmets.

So, I say this: What's ethical about freezing a kicker? Or stashing healthy players on the injured unable to perform list?
Or coaches blowing smoke about their intended draftee and then choosing another?
What is ethical about fans making it impossible for the opposing QB to hear his cadence or a feigned injury to stop a clock? Or announcers breathlessly promoting an upcoming game between a 9-1 team against a 1-9 team?
Or deflated balls, stolen signals and sweetheart deals by municipalities to attract and keep NFL teams?

This proud rude boy from Leeds long ago gave up thinking there were ethics in professional NFL?

If you think tanking for 2021 is wrong, then I don't want to be right. So then go ahead enjoying your 8-8 seasons and the upcoming 3-13 season.

They're worried that we might be able to finally be in a position to Draft Prescott's replacement.
TANK TILL WE DROP!!!!
The Dak-mafia must be exterminated baby as they suck big time!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score

everything..

its lie groundhog day in here the repetitive posts on same subjects keep being started with many already open same subjects, same responses..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Freezing a kicker is the same as not playing hard or not playing to win? Strategy is unethical? :facepalm:

Seems like the lack of ethics is prominent among certain posters. Not to mention a failure to understand that teaching players and coaches it's okay to quit isn't exactly conducive to a winning attitude.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you quit once, we will always be a quitter.

tenor.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
Exactly WHO is "tanking?"

You think these guys in their walk years arent trying their very best?

I admit that's highly questionable at times... but they are.

No player or coach is ever "tanking," even if the front office is secretly rooting for something else.

Good case in point is Miami last year. FO tried to "tank" but players and coaches were having none of it (got Tua anyway lol).

Jerry isnt trying to tank but we can continue to think that way. Gives him yet another excuse.