What one guy do you really want the Cowboys to draft? (realistically)

Tobal

Reaction score
1: R1P27 RB MELVIN GORDON WISCONSIN might be a stretch for him to be there... hopefully him or Kendricks

2: R2P28 DT GRADY JARRETT CLEMSON

3: R3P27 CB STEVEN NELSON OREGON STATE might be the most unrealistic pick

4: R4P28 S KURTIS DRUMMOND MICHIGAN STATE This pick could go several ways, but I like Drummond

5: R5P27 G MARK GLOWINSKI WEST VIRGINIA He's moving up, would love to grab him here.

Tobal

Reaction score
Why is it unrealistic? He could very well be available in that range and frankly, needs to be the kind of pick we make at the position, not some workout warrior in the first round.

I think he will go before this pick.... love the guy

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think he will go before this pick.... love the guy

I think he's good enough for the second. But there are a cluster of "length" CBs that might be chosen before him.

I like him a lot too, has a real CB mentality.

Tobal

Reaction score
I think he's good enough for the second. But there are a cluster of "length" CBs that might be chosen before him.

I like him a lot too, has a real CB mentality.

He's a fighter for sure. I have no problem taking him at 60, but if we get him in the 3rd I'd love it. Hopefully he does fall a bit

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think he's gone before 27

You may well be correct. It is a shame, too. Back in January I was hoping he might be there for our second round pick, lol.

Even then though, I said he might rise up boards enough to go in the first, so I kind of am prepared for Dallas not to get him.

Until the draft is over, I can at least hope... Really is a fantastic player.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think he's gone before 27

There will likely be a run once one team takes a corner. I just hope it plays out like you say. I am not a huge fan of the player, mainly because I do not see a special quality in him. He is not especially physical, nor is he fast. He is just a solid player.

For me to take a CB in the first, I have caviar tastes.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
There will likely be a run once one team takes a corner. I just hope it plays out like you say. I am not a huge fan of the player, mainly because I do not see a special quality in him.

I typically think you're pretty dead on with your player evaluations. We don't always agree but a lot of the time, we do.

Here, we do not. Maybe you're right though and he isn't as good as I expect him to be. As always, time will tell.

Alexander

Reaction score
I typically think you're pretty dead on with your player evaluations. We don't always agree but a lot of the time, we do.

Here, we do not. Maybe you're right though and he isn't as good as I expect him to be. As always, time will tell.

I did not say I hated him. He is okay. Would I be bouncing off the walls if he were our pick, not really. He is one of the better ones around and carries some good character traits.

Again, caviar tastes. I want impact from the first round pick.

I want a Bryant. I want a Martin.

Not a shoulder shrug equivalent that reminds me of say a Leon Hall or Johnathan Joseph.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I did not say I hated him. He is okay. Would I be bouncing off the walls if he were our pick, not really. He is one of the better ones around and carries some good character traits.

Again, caviar tastes. I want impact from the first round pick.

I want a Bryant. I want a Martin.

Not a shoulder shrug equivalent that reminds me of say a Leon Hall or Johnathan Joseph.

I understand.

Tobal

Reaction score
CB's are so hard for me to evaluate. I don't think many truly impact ones exist. I think there are good cb's through round 3 so i don't love spending a 1 on a good CB... Again I love Stevie Nelson!

Alexander

Reaction score
CB's are so hard for me to evaluate. I don't think many truly impact ones exist.

It is pretty hard. There are a few teams that seem to find them everyone and rarely need to bother even thinking about one in the first (Green Bay immediately comes to mind).

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

I always harken back to what Parcells said about the position losing value because pass interference rules negate any advantage superior CBs have over average ones.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I think Peters is off our board ,otherwise they would have brought him in for a visit.

Not necessarily. Some of these pre-draft maneuvers are smoke screens. They may already have plenty of data on Peters , and he may in fact be the one they're hoping for.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danielle Hunter

Me and you may be the only guys that like him. Athletic freak. Great attitude, work ethic motor and intensity. Already an NFL ready run stuffer, just needs a coach to properly teach him how to rush the QB

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You aren't afraid to state an opinion that runs contrary to popular opinion are you?

I might not want Coleman in the first but I like your style.
Me and you may be the only guys that like him. Athletic freak. Great attitude, work ethic motor and intensity. Already an NFL ready run stuffer, just needs a coach to properly teach him how to rush the QB

One thing you can't really coach is how to sack the qb

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Offense: Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon
Defense: Kevin Johnson or Shaq Thompson

I haven't seen anyone that I like enough to draft this year at the DT position. Leonard Williams, obviously, but that's a pipe dream.

I think Tampa should draft him, to be quite honest. Try to trade for a Drew Brees or Philip Rivers.