What should we do with Henson

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:
graney! I heard that name on the DMN forums years ago! a guy named Gerry and another guy with a dog. That was some classic stuff!

jerry - that was me.
graney - that was HH or some form there of.
zardus - bitter old man

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
advance search

"30 yard slant"

enjoy
I imagine that search would come back with thousands of hits... it's in almost every thread. When was this "debate?"

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
I imagine that search would come back with thousands of hits... it's in almost every thread. When was this "debate?"

yeah, sorry, those were me :D it happened a few months ago, I think at least a year ago, ask Hos, he'll give you a link

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol what i want to know is where did all this romo unseating bledsoe this season come from..because romo can throw on 2nd and 3rd string defenses?

wow

superpunk

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Hey not to pile on HH...But how did you find this? I'm curious..Because I would like to find other posts like it.

Advanced search - 30 yard slant - from poster HeavyHitta31.

Advanced search is magical.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Advanced search - 30 yard slant - from poster HeavyHitta31.

Advanced search is magical.

Thanks!:thankyou:

I put in 30 yard slant and HeavyHitta31...But not at the same time.:abuseme:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Here HH I'LL take a swing at it...

So you're saying Romo has utterly destroyed and humiliated Henson based on some pre-season stats?? Forgive me if I'm not bowing down in homage to the importance of pre-season stats.

We HAVE seen Henson in regular season, meaningful games. Romo has taken two snaps and two kneel downs.

So Romo's career stats in the regular season...
0-0, 0 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs... oh yeah 2 rushes for -2 yards

Henson...

10-18, 55.6 PCT, 61.8 QBRAT, 78 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT... 1 run, 7 yards

I guess Romo's been utterly completely destroyed in the regular season by default??

Finally, someone with an urge to actually discuss it. Thank you

Now, in regards to your first point, yes, preseason numbers are relatively meaningless on a large scale, but when it's basically all you have from 2 QBs who have never played much in real action, it's all you can base an assertion that one has been better than the other on. Iceberg claimed Henson had done better on the field, and, as pointless as those numbers maybe, they do show that, if anything at all, Henson has not outperformed Romo by any stretch of the imagination.

As far as Henson's real game action, his only decent performance was on one series in a game that was already lost against a defense with half their second team in. Take out those numbers, and his numbers against a full strength team are 4-12, no TDs and an INT.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
As far as Henson's real game action, his only decent performance was on one series in a game that was already lost against a defense with half their second team in. Take out those numbers, and his numbers against a full strength team are 4-12, no TDs and an INT.

Ok if you take out that, then lets take out ALL of Romo's stats for preseason, since they were mainly against second and third teamers, the pendulum sways both ways. And when Romo did see the first team it wasn't completly the first team either, so your argument holds no water.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BTW, a full 2 pages dedicated to obsessing over me is probably not the way to go about proving to me how little affect I have on your psyches.... :laugh2:

You may not like my stand on issues, and you may not like me, I really don't care. I live, rent free, inside your heads, and this only further proves it.

And it's funny, because as much as many of you wish to hate on me, I don't have a real problem with any of you. Watching you get so serious about it is just entertaining.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Ok if you take out that, then lets take out ALL of Romo's stats for preseason, since they were mainly against second and third teamers, the pendulum sways both ways. And when Romo did see the first team it wasn't completly the first team either, so your argument holds no water.

Then take out all of Henson's as well, and what are you left with? 2 QBs whose snaps have come entirely in meaningless situations against 2nd/3rd teamers. In said snaps against supposed "inferior competition" by NFL standards, Romo has, at times, excelled, whereas Henson has not.

In goes back to iceberg's assertion that Henson has outplayed Romo on the field. Those numbers dont prove anything about who WILL be the better QB, but they do disprove the assertion that Henson has done more on the field. Even if the stats mean nothing, they still stand to discount any opiniuon of Henson playing better than Romo in game action.