What should we do with Henson

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I love it. I simply love it.

Disregard any and all logic that I've provided towards my opinion, forget the facts and stats that prove Romo has, time and again, outperformed Henson, and instead just sit back and rock in the fetal position, repeating "Agenda" over and over again, hoping it will make it all go away.

Sad

Mostly we just hope that you will go away. Thus far, we've been extremely disappointed.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Good gawd.......I agree with this.:eek:

like i've said to others i've agreed with (finally) live long enough, anything can happen. : )

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Hmm....

Still waiting

And, of course, you also chose to ignore my response to the assertion that I dont hold Romo to the same standard, which I do:

I see you've mastered the art of selective reading.

Here HH I'LL take a swing at it...

So you're saying Romo has utterly destroyed and humiliated Henson based on some pre-season stats?? Forgive me if I'm not bowing down in homage to the importance of pre-season stats.

We HAVE seen Henson in regular season, meaningful games. Romo has taken two snaps and two kneel downs.

So Romo's career stats in the regular season...
0-0, 0 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs... oh yeah 2 rushes for -2 yards

Henson...

10-18, 55.6 PCT, 61.8 QBRAT, 78 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT... 1 run, 7 yards

I guess Romo's been utterly completely destroyed in the regular season by default??

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Mostly we just hope that you will go away. Thus far, we've been extremely disappointed.

And, per usual, superpunk chimes in with his worthless one liners that provide nothing in the way of debate.

Kepp it up, scout :bow:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

So you're saying Romo has utterly destroyed and humiliated Henson based on some pre-season stats?? Forgive me if I'm not bowing down in homage to the importance of pre-season stats.

We HAVE seen Henson in regular season, meaningful games. Romo has taken two snaps and two kneel downs.

Henson...

I guess Romo's been utterly completely destroyed in the regular season by default??

you're using evenly applied logic - you already lost him. he will only use the stats that compliment his argument.

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And, per usual, superpunk chimes in with his worthless one liners that provide nothing in the way of debate.

Kepp it up, scout :bow:

NP. I've learned there comes a point, where there's no use talking sense to the senseless. You reached that point with me a long time ago. You don't debate - you spout off crap, don't listen to what anyone else has to say, shift the argument, and declare yourself the victor. The funny thing is, even when you're called on it, and it's predicted, you can't stop yourself. You're just that kind of a person.

superpunk

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Judging by the afternoon report, it will be Baker time before we know it.

Judging by what came out of Parcells own mouth, your stance on "Baker time" is idiotic.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
NP. I've learned there comes a point, where there's no use talking sense to the senseless. You reached that point with me a long time ago. You don't debate - you spout off crap, don't listen to what anyone else has to say, shift the argument, and declare yourself the victor. The funny thing is, even when you're called on it, and it's predicted, you can't stop yourself. You're just that kind of a person.

it's the mike graney rule revisited by HH.

Advice in how to argue with Mike Graney (now Heavy Hitter)
1) don't. it's like reading Shakespeare to a dog - the dog won't understand and you'll just frustrate yourself for trying.
2) if you choose to ignore 1), then move on to 3)
3) prepare for back/sidetracking. it's a typical Graney ploy to take 1 argument, make it 10 arguments, win 1 of those 10, and declare himself a winner on all 10 and say the others are meaningless, even though the original argument is still "unresolved".
4) if he asks you for stats to back you up, don't bother. he'll either laugh at you for taking the time to look it up or he'll say they are not relevant to his argument. not *the* argument, *his* argument. after a few days of arguing with him, you'll completely understand. then wait for him to pull stats out to prove his point and expect the courtesy from you he never gave to you that they bear merit to his argument
5) Graney is never wrong. just ask him.
6) if your goal is for Graney to say he's either wrong or made a mistake, change it immediately. neither of these will happen.
7) leave logic out of the debate. he does and that makes it very difficult to use in your discussions.
8) practice arguing with a child first on taking away their toy. it's invaluable experience in dealing with mike.
9) if you're winning the argument, remember rule 5) then you'll see him start to reply to things you never said as if you said them. BE VERY CAREFUL HERE. he lives in a world of extremes only and if you say Galloway may help the team, he'll take it to mean you think Galloway is gods gift to football and make you defend that statement. Yea, the one you never said.
10) the only way you'll know you actually won is he'll quit replying or say you're not worth his time anymore. This, my friend, is as close as you're going to get. take it and run.

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
it's the mike graney rule revisited by HH.

Advice in how to argue with Mike Graney (now Heavy Hitter)
1) don't. it's like reading Shakespeare to a dog - the dog won't understand and you'll just frustrate yourself for trying.
2) if you choose to ignore 1), then move on to 3)
3) prepare for back/sidetracking. it's a typical Graney ploy to take 1 argument, make it 10 arguments, win 1 of those 10, and declare himself a winner on all 10 and say the others are meaningless, even though the original argument is still "unresolved".
4) if he asks you for stats to back you up, don't bother. he'll either laugh at you for taking the time to look it up or he'll say they are not relevant to his argument. not *the* argument, *his* argument. after a few days of arguing with him, you'll completely understand. then wait for him to pull stats out to prove his point and expect the courtesy from you he never gave to you that they bear merit to his argument
5) Graney is never wrong. just ask him.
6) if your goal is for Graney to say he's either wrong or made a mistake, change it immediately. neither of these will happen.
7) leave logic out of the debate. he does and that makes it very difficult to use in your discussions.
8) practice arguing with a child first on taking away their toy. it's invaluable experience in dealing with mike.
9) if you're winning the argument, remember rule 5) then you'll see him start to reply to things you never said as if you said them. BE VERY CAREFUL HERE. he lives in a world of extremes only and if you say Galloway may help the team, he'll take it to mean you think Galloway is gods gift to football and make you defend that statement. Yea, the one you never said.
10) the only way you'll know you actually won is he'll quit replying or say you're not worth his time anymore. This, my friend, is as close as you're going to get. take it and run.

It doesn't have to be Graney rules. They all follow the same mould. Set up straw men, knock them down, declare yourself the victor, call it a day. It definitely is like reading Shakespeare to a dog. Poor peplaw gave it a shot. I feel for him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk said:
It doesn't have to be Graney rules. They all follow the same mould. Set up straw men, knock them down, declare yourself the victor, call it a day. It definitely is like reading Shakespeare to a dog. Poor peplaw gave it a shot. I feel for him.

Whoops, sorry guys. Thought that was a pretty obvious argument there. I should know better. I have gotten into it with HH before, and couldn't resist stickin my nose in I guess. The Graney rules oddly enough made me laugh and nod my head in agreement. I had never seen those before, nor do I know Graney, but it was spot on.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think this is the point where peplaw should say something about HH slinking away and ignoring the facts peplaw provided.

You gotta fight fire with fire, man. :)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I think this is the point where peplaw should say something about HH slinking away and ignoring the facts peplaw provided.

You gotta fight fire with fire, man. :)

Yeah HH what's the deal?? I posted 15 minutes ago. Go ahead, tell me why I'm wrong or why my stats don't apply specifically to your argument. We all know it's coming. Spin them wheels.:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

Henson...

Don't even bother...Even if he was absolutely...completely...Undeniably wrong...He would never admit it.

He's like arguing with a fence post...30 yard slants? Remember that debate?

HH....
Fence%20Posts.jpg

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Don't even bother...Even if he was absolutely...completely...Undeniably wrong...He would never admit it.

He's like arguing with a fence post...30 yard slants? Remember that debate?

Can someone please give me a link to the 30 yard slant debate?? I don't recall that one. I'd love to see HH in his glory

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Can someone please give me a link to the 30 yard slant debate?? I don't recall that one. I'd love to see HH in his glory

I'm sure sombody can...I don't know how to find it.