What should we do with Henson

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
BTW, a full 2 pages dedicated to obsessing over me is probably not the way to go about proving to me how little affect I have on your psyches.... :laugh2:

You may not like my stand on issues, and you may not like me, I really don't care. I live, rent free, inside your heads, and this only further proves it.

And it's funny, because as much as many of you wish to hate on me, I don't have a real problem with any of you. Watching you get so serious about it is just entertaining.

It's pretty funny that you are flattered that we all consider you a punchline.

Bizarre, but funny.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
It's pretty funny that you are flattered that we all consider you a punchline.

Bizarre, but funny.

Hey, whatever. Like I said, it doesnt bother me. It never has, and it never will. You'll never see me throw a fit over someone using the 30 yard slant as an insult. I laugh about it everytime someone does. :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Hey, whatever. Like I said, it doesnt bother me. It never has, and it never will. You'll never see me throw a fit over someone using the 30 yard slant as an insult. I laugh about it everytime someone does. :laugh2:

Being able to admit that you were hopelessly wrong is a badge of honor? I guess we should be impressed.....:shrug:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Then take out all of Henson's as well, and what are you left with? 2 QBs whose snaps have come entirely in meaningless situations against 2nd/3rd teamers. In said snaps against supposed "inferior competition" by NFL standards, Romo has, at times, excelled, whereas Henson has not.

In goes back to iceberg's assertion that Henson has outplayed Romo on the field. Those numbers dont prove anything about who WILL be the better QB, but they do disprove the assertion that Henson has done more on the field. Even if the stats mean nothing, they still stand to discount any opiniuon of Henson playing better than Romo in game action.

lol, ok that wasn't my argument, but oh well.

All I'm saying is, I don't know why all the venom you have for Hensonm, so what hes not better than Romo right now, oh well keep him around, whats it hurting?

Though I still support them, it really doesn't matter for this season because Bledsoe is and will be the starter all year.

So really both QBs have another year to prove themselves, so what is the harm in keeping them?

I just don't understand bashing one player to support the other, they are Cowboys, and we are Cowboy fans.

And really until either proves something in the regular season, this whole debate is moot.

JMO

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
lol, ok that wasn't my argument, but oh well.

All I'm saying is, I don't know why all the venom you have for Hensonm, so what hes not better than Romo right now, oh well keep him around, whats it hurting?

Though I still support them, it really doesn't matter for this season because Bledsoe is and will be the starter all year.

So really both QBs have another year to prove themselves, so what is the harm in keeping them?

I just don't understand bashing one player to support the other, they are Cowboys, and we are Cowboy fans.

And really until either proves something in the regular season, this whole debate is moot.

JMO

I understand, but you'ree assuming I am trying to disprove YOU, which I'm not. The point of the post was to point how flawed saying Henson has done better is.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Then take out all of Henson's as well, and what are you left with? 2 QBs whose snaps have come entirely in meaningless situations against 2nd/3rd teamers. In said snaps against supposed "inferior competition" by NFL standards, Romo has, at times, excelled, whereas Henson has not.

In goes back to iceberg's assertion that Henson has outplayed Romo on the field. Those numbers dont prove anything about who WILL be the better QB, but they do disprove the assertion that Henson has done more on the field. Even if the stats mean nothing, they still stand to discount any opiniuon of Henson playing better than Romo in game action.

OK let's throw out all preseason stats as meaningless. Let's throw out all the stats against second team defenses as meaningless. So Henson started one NFL game, and Romo started 0 (took two snaps). And Henson didn't play well. Even if you say Henson graded out at a 25 QBRAt or whatever in that one start, is that not "more" than what Romo has done??

Hence Ice's statement that Henson has done more on the field that Romo holds water. 4 completions is more than 0. I'm not saying either one will ever be a great QB, or even that one will ever be servicable. What I'm saying is Ice's statement as of now is correct.

And BTW, you "live inside our heads" about as much as a gnat buzzing around our heads. Typically nothing more than an annoyance. Don't pretend that we all cower at the sight of your username in a thread.:laugh2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I understand, but you'ree assuming I am trying to disprove YOU, which I'm not. The point of the post was to point how flawed saying Henson has done better is.

ok, we're on the same terms, but why bring it up in a discussion, then point to someone else and act like I think the same thing

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK let's throw out all preseason stats as meaningless. Let's throw out all the stats against second team defenses as meaningless. So Henson started one NFL game, and Romo started 0 (took two snaps). And Henson didn't play well. Even if you say Henson graded out at a 25 QBRAt or whatever in that one start, is that not "more" than what Romo has done??

Hence Ice's statement that Henson has done more on the field that Romo holds water. 4 completions is more than 0. I'm not saying either one will ever be a great QB, or even that one will ever be servicable. What I'm saying is Ice's statement as of now is correct.

And BTW, you "live inside our heads" about as much as a gnat buzzing around our heads. Typically nothing more than an annoyance. Don't pretend that we all cower at the sight of your username in a thread.:laugh2:

That's a screaming technicality and you know it. If I go in and throw 4 picks, did I play "better" than the backup QB who didnt take a snap?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
That's a screaming technicality and you know it. If I go in and throw 4 picks, did I play "better" than the backup QB who didnt take a snap?

Ahhh, but it's not "playing better." It's who has done "more on the field."

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
and *i* have the reading comprehension problem...

but i think he finally gets it.

I'm not sure why you would want to bring it up. Henson has "done more on the field", he has done a lot more negative on the field. I didnt figure you would want to say that, but alas, apparently I was wrong

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Why the hate for our 3rd string QB?

Look around the league and off the top of your head name the other 31 3rd string QBs. Now look at Henson's unrealized potential at this point.

IF he can catch back up after missing so much time away from football.
IF he can catch back up from getting his throwing mechanics changed.
IF he can get acclimated with the offense after spending the offseason in NFLE.
IF he can just get some more snaps.

The thing is, the 3rd spot is for development, period. If the 3rd stringer ever goes into the game, say goodbye to the other two. Henson has the tools, just gots to get over the IFs. This is a non-issue. Seems like the haters are trying to make it one.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Again, technicality.

Technicality or not, you were the one arguing it wasn't true. Don't say it's a technicality that what Ice stated is actually what he meant. I suspect Ice meant to say exactly what he did. You're the one who missed the meaning.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I'm not sure why you would want to bring it up. Henson has "done more on the field", he has done a lot more negative on the field. I didnt figure you would want to say that, but alas, apparently I was wrong

He's done more negative on the field and more positive things on the field. In the end he has done more on the field.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
I just don't get it. Why the hate for our 3rd string QB?

Look around the league and off the top of your head name the other 31 3rd string QBs. Now look at Henson's unrealized potential at this point.

IF he can catch back up after missing so much time away from football.
IF he can catch back up from getting his throwing mechanics changed.
IF he can get acclimated with the offense after spending the offseason in NFLE.
IF he can just get some more snaps.

The thing is, the 3rd spot is for development, period. If the 3rd stringer ever goes into the game, say goodbye to the other two. Henson has the tools, just gots to get over the IFs. This is a non-issue. Seems like the haters are trying to make it one.

:hammer:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
He's done more negative on the field and more positive things on the field. In the end he has done more on the field.

The only time Henson has done positive on the field was in mop up minutes against what equates to a second quarter preseason defense. If you include that, you must include Romo's performance's in those situations, as they have about as much merit, which is nearly none.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Technicality or not, you were the one arguing it wasn't true. Don't say it's a technicality that what Ice stated is actually what he meant. I suspect Ice meant to say exactly what he did. You're the one who missed the meaning.

just trying to find an even scale to use to measure things with and on the field of "regular" play is all you can do and henson has done more there than romo. *what* he's done i don't care but he was good enough to get out there before romo, wasn't he?

there is no level playing field really to say who is better so i think the argument is foolish to take such a hard stance either way - such as our now seeing the light friend, hh.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The only time Henson has done positive on the field was in mop up minutes against what equates to a second quarter preseason defense. If you include that, you must include Romo's performance's in those situations, as they have about as much merit, which is nearly none.

Is a completion positive?? He had 4 of those in the game he started. Romo has yet to have one of those in a regular season/meaningful game.