What team will have the guts to draft Sam? What round

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I am truly surprised at how quickly the strategy of equating a behavior with race has taken hold in our country. They are not the same. It is also surprising how confidently most today can declare that the behavior "is not wrong." Based on what? What authority decided that? This is where secularism leads. And I have news for you... it won't stop with homosexuality... book it.

Wayne02

Reaction score
So you can claim gay people aren't discriminated against. But I cannot point out how they are?

That's a ridiculous rule if it exists as it allows you to promote a view that is clearly incorrect.

Many people are discriminated against for being fat, or for being crippled and many other reasons, but that doesn't mean that it is correct for you or for anybody else to compare those struggles to being black. It's very ignorant for anybody to do so.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I can't see it because I'm not a bigot. There's nothing wrong with being black or gay. Period.

We are not talking about being a bigot, .. we aren't talking about liking or disliking.

Being black is who you are, it is who your family is, it is your heritage, it is your history, it is your ancestory and pride.

Being gay is you being gay, .. doesn't mean your brother or sister is gay, or your parents are gay. In fact, every person that says they are gay have a mother and a father.
There is not scientific proof of a gay gene.

It is nowhere close to being the same thing.

Find another analogy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For real bro, I'm asking you nicely to stop comparing gays to being black. Please respect that.

people are comparing the unfair treatment. Heck people here are proving the point, they don't care what kind of player he is they don't want him on the Cowboys. I would think a team in critical need of defensive help would welcome a player be that player gay or not because of his ability not because of him being gay.

plazman

Reaction score
This is the first time I heard he was gay. It definitely removes him from my draft board.

Amen to that! We don't need gays in football. We don't need to use football to advance someone's social agenda. Let him and others like him go play volleyball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We are not talking about being a bigot, .. we aren't talking about liking or disliking.

Being black is who you are, it is who your family is, it is your heritage, it is your history, it is your ancestory and pride.

Being gay is you being gay, .. doesn't mean your brother or sister is gay, or your parents are gay. In fact, every person that says they are gay have a mother and a father.

Find another analogy.

Why because you say so. It is fair because if a person is not being treated fair based on something like race or sexual orientation then it is equally as wrong.

Wayne02

Reaction score
people are comparing the unfair treatment. Heck people here are proving the point, they don't care what kind of player he is they don't want him on the Cowboys. I would think a team in critical need of defensive help would welcome a player be that player gay or not because of his ability not because of him being gay.

The treatment is not the same either, there is nothing even remotely comparable about being gay (behavior) and being black (skin color). I don't care how you try to spin it, just stop comparing the two.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Why because you say so. It is fair because if a person is not being treated fair based on something like race or sexual orientation then it is equally as wrong.

Being gay is you being gay.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Being gay is different than a racial minority you can hide being gay you cannot hide being black, asian, muslim, or whatever other minority.

Gadfly22

Reaction score

Find another analogy.

Sorry to keep making you uncomfortable, but the analogy fits extremely well: gay people have no more choice about their orientation than black people have about their race. And, since there is nothing wrong with being black -- aside from the attempts by some elements of society to continue keeping them an excluded underclass -- there's nothing wrong with being gay. There's simply no choice about being either.

And as civilized (I hope) people, we need to be better at accepting that fact. It's what science tells us, and it's the personal experience of every person on this board. None of us chose to have the orientation we have. If you were like me, you went from "girls are icky" to coming back after summer vacation (in 6th grade if I recall) and seeing some new female shapes that weren't so icky at all. And there was no fighting or debate amongst the hormones that caused that reaction -- just nature taking its course (as it did in crafting those new female curves).

Kaiser

Reaction score
There is not scientific proof of a gay gene.

This is a tangent (but this whole thread has become a tangent), but a lot of the recent research is that homosexuality is from epigenetics (basically how your body chemically processes instructions from DNA). Its obviously not a gene or it would have disappeared thousands of years ago by self-selection -

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/16998486-418/epi-marks-hold-answer-to-homosexuality.html

FWIW, I'm a Christian and live in a city with a million friends and coworkers that are gay -none of whom think it is a choice and all of who think it is biological. A good friend of mine who is gay always makes the point that he wants a spouse and would never in a million years make a choice that limited his dating pool to 1 or 2% of the population, even before the social issues involved.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The guy is at best a mid round pick he is not an overly big guy to be playing on the DL and his skills as a player will show or they won't.

Yes you are right and most level headed people will see the same thing but the media and some organizations will not be as level headed. It will not serve their agenda.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
Being gay is different than a racial minority you can hide being gay you cannot hide being black, asian, muslim, or whatever other minority.

Unless of course you were a lighter-colored black in the 50s trying to "pass". Or a Muslim who pretends not to be to avoid the broad anti-Muslim feeling abroad nowadays.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Sorry to keep making you uncomfortable, but the analogy fits extremely well: gay people have no more choice about their orientation than black people have about their race. And, since there is nothing wrong with being black -- aside from the attempts by some elements of society to continue keeping them an excluded underclass -- there's nothing wrong with being gay. There's simply no choice about being either.

And as civilized (I hope) people, we need to be better at accepting that fact. It's what science tells us, and it's the personal experience of every person on this board. None of us chose to have the orientation we have. If you were like me, you went from "girls are icky" to coming back after summer vacation (in 6th grade if I recall) and seeing some new female shapes that weren't so icky at all. And there was no fighting or debate amongst the hormones that caused that reaction -- just nature taking its course (as it did in crafting those new female curves).

So you're just going to continue to disrespect me and others by still trying to compare being gay to me being black? I have friends who used to be straight and are now homosexuals, and I also have friends that used to be homosexuals and are now straight, how do you suppose that could happen? It's a choice. I've never seen a black man turn into a white man or asian man, or hispanic man and vice versa. The science you're talking about is pseudo science, which is no science at all.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Why should anyone have to hide it?

He's not saying that you have to, he's making the point that even if you wanted to hide the fact that you're black or mexican or asian or white, you couldn't. You can hide a behavior, not the color of your skin.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Why should anyone have to hide it?

Why do some boys hide the fact they want to be ballet dancers? Whether its right or wrong there are societal "norms" familial "norms". Don't you think that if blacks could hide the fact they were black back in the turn of the 20th century some would have to escape the torture they all endured.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Many people are discriminated against for being fat, or for being crippled and many other reasons, but that doesn't mean that it is correct for you or for anybody else to compare those struggles to being black. It's very ignorant for anybody to do so.

Oh, I see. We are going to play the "who gets discriminated worse" game.

What is ignorant is acting as if ANY discrimination is OK. What is ignorant is claiming something is not bad because other groups have suffered worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.