What to do at the QB position

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Step 1. Decide if Dak is worth moving forward with and acquire weapons in the off season.

Step 2. If he's not the guy, there is only one real option with the highest opportunity of success, move up to take the plum in the draft, Herbert. The fall off after him with QB's is steep and not near as deep as last season.

Even if they do trade up, unless they have the #1 already, there will be the NFL learning curve but they have started on a D that will help him, a top 3 RB and an OL that needs some tweaking.

Herbert already has a better arm, with regards to accuracy and zip, than most of the QB's in the NFL and all of the 1st rounders from last season. He's also 4" taller than Dak giving him the edge or sight and batted balls.

The challenge is there are going to be several teams including NYG, OAK, maybe TB and possibly PIT in the hunt for a QB.

If you haven't seen him play, you're best opportunity is this Sat when they square off with the Huskies, the best D they will face this season. So far this season, I have seen this kid make some p[***** that were incredible and even had the analysts shocked at the accuracy.

The other way to go with Step 1 is to get Taylor or Bridgewater and take the best QBA with their 1st and let all 3 compete in Dak's last contract year.

Then comes the tricky part. Can this present O coaching staff develop and rookie QB and run a QB competition? Because none of them have experience with that.
I remember seeing TOM Landry shuffle in each offensive play between two Q.B's till he figured out which one he wanted to be startingo_O

jsb357

Reaction score
There is no serious QB behind Dak putting pressure on him to perform.

He had that after Romo healed up, knew he was on a short hook if the performance dropped off.

Plus the tape is out, if you are not getting better, you are getting worse.

No he's in a comfort zone and complacent.

Imagine how it will be when JJ gives him mega money.

:eek:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
:lmao:
watch out @dallasdave, melon is not focused on ur butt
redirect the poor boy to cowboys problems and may be he can fantasize about tfred instead
lets give melonputty the rorschach psychological test - bet he will say butt for every image
:lmao:
"As the WALDO'S once proudly erect 2" applicator recedes back into it folds of PUTTYNESS ,,,the sense of abandonment by his brain scrambled thru event level saturations having been overly applied little puny-butty 4-P pal @dallasdave sinks down & weighs heavily upon the narrow shoulders of the PUTTY,,,o_O

* off in the distance ,a dog snarls barks &growls,,,quickly followed by the girlishly screams of someone obviously attempting sniffing the wrong dogs butto_O

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yawn. Same argument with 4-5 guys everyday

History will prove that the masses were right in our assessment of Dak.

:dance::dance::dance:

But it's sad because I had originally hoped that he would be the answer but now I know he's not. hes somewhere between a backup qb and bus driver. Not bad. Still can make a living but he's no franchise qb

waldoputty

Reaction score
"As the WALDO'S once proudly erect 2" applicator recedes back into it folds of PUTTYNESS ,,,the sense of abandonment by his brain scrambled thru event level saturations having been overly applied little puny-butty 4-P pal @dallasdave sinks down & weighs heavily upon the narrow shoulders of the PUTTY,,,o_O

* off in the distance ,a dog snarls barks &growls,,,quickly followed by the girlishly screams of someone obviously attempting sniffing the wrong dogs butto_O

@dallasdave, beware severe melon butt-lust

Flamma

Reaction score
Yawn. Same argument with 4-5 guys everyday

History will prove that the masses were right in our assessment of Dak.

:dance::dance::dance:

But it's sad because I had originally hoped that he would be the answer but now I know he's not. hes somewhere between a backup qb and bus driver. Not bad. Still can make a living but he's no franchise qb

You know, the first thing that needs to be done is to completely remove this coaching staff. They should not have even been here after 2013. The last thing the Cowboys need to do is waste a high draft pick on a QB if that's not the problem. So let's not throw the baby out with the bath water quite yet. But I do agree that Dak is not an elite QB. I'm just fairly certain that our problems run far deeper than just at QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Start Mike White for excitement. He can’t be worse than Dak..

He played in a similar offense in W. Kentucky but looks like he doesn’t take his eyes off downfield and he seems to be able to throw the deep intermediate and deep throws without garbage mechanics from what I’ve seen.

Rajveer

Reaction score
You know, the first thing that needs to be done is to completely remove this coaching staff. They should not have even been here after 2013. The last thing the Cowboys need to do is waste a high draft pick on a QB if that's not the problem. So let's not throw the baby out with the bath water quite yet. But I do agree that Dak is not an elite QB. I'm just fairly certain that our problems run far deeper than just at QB.

Our problem is and has been JJ as GM.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Our problem is and has been JJ as GM.
Ya,you know? he doesn't need to be the G.M. ,,,him being the owner should allow him the luxury of employing an inherently more talented individual than himself ,who could very easily employ the dictates & desires of the owner,,,it's really short sighted of ol' JJ in being a power mongor,but,,,

" MONGOR'S are gonna MONGOR"o_O

Rajveer

Reaction score
Do you think it's all Jerry or do you believe that Stephen and McClay are also to blame.

Many here believe that Stephen is the GM. Others have stated that McClay is the man in charge of the roster
I think Stephen is softening Jerry's hold on the team. This was apparent when they passed on Manziel. However the verdict is still out on Stephen. We would only know when Jerry rides out in to the sunset and the team is all Stephens.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember seeing TOM Landry shuffle in each offensive play between two Q.B's till he figured out which one he wanted to be startingo_O
Yep and even he admitted that was questionable but he also said how many teams are blessed with two QB's that good. It was crazy at the time but if you asked the analysts, they were 50/50 like Landry.

In all fairness to Landry though, that was after Roger had fulfilled his military requirements and not many expected him to be that good after being away from the game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak doesn't have the natural talent of either of those guys. There's a reason they were the top 2 picks
And neither had the talent around them that Dak had as a rookie. That rookie season was most unusual but what if Goff or Wentz had stepped into that? No rookie had stepped into a situation that sweet since Marino.