What to do at the QB position

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Start Mike White for excitement. He can’t be worse than Dak..

He played in a similar offense in W. Kentucky but looks like he doesn’t take his eyes off downfield and he seems to be able to throw the deep intermediate and deep throws without garbage mechanics from what I’ve seen.
He can be a lot worse and is

aikemirv

Reaction score
It is still quitting

I don't believe in tanking, I just hope we lose for our greater good!

no Dak, no Garrett, no Linehan - addition by subtraction. If Dak continues to struggle then I play Mike White for the last 4 games.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

no Dak, no Garrett, no Linehan - addition by subtraction. If Dak continues to struggle then I play Mike White for the last 4 games.
I wouldn't trade Dak for Josh Rosen, Baker, Trubisky, Darnold or Josh Allen

Only Pat Mahomes and he was taken 10th...... not tank worthy
Probably DWatson too

waldoputty

Reaction score

bro, u need to get by this emotional barrier
think about the possibilities with a #1 pick qb, a tradeup to mid 1st round for wr using top 2nd and 3rd round picks.

aikemirv

Reaction score
bro, u need to get by this emotional barrier
think about the possibilities with a #1 pick qb, a tradeup to mid 1st round for wr using top 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Well, I mean nobody in the staff or the players will tank on purpose. Garrett knows his job is on the line and Dak knows his next contract is on the line.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well, I mean nobody in the staff or the players will tank on purpose. Garrett knows his job is on the line and Dak knows his next contract is on the line.
tanking may be the best reason to let garrett finish the season.
but once u get over the emotion barrier of tanking, then there r more options available

plasticman

Reaction score
Signing a vet would ba step backwards. You end up overpaying for another team's disposable quarterback

You treat the QB position like any other, you constantly look for the best talent you can find while providing a competitive environment that increases the motivation to work hard and get better. No NFL player should feel completely secure with their starting status.

How many fans would have predicted that Cousins would Outlast RG3 when they were both drafted by the Commanders that one year. You just never know. However, if you don't draft QB's on a regular basis

Perhaps Mike White makes an incredible leap next season and It's possible the Cowboys draft a QB in the 2end round that turns into the next Drew Breea or Bret Favre, both 2nd round picks.Then there is still the possibility that Dak finds his comfort zone.

In any case, there's no sense in giving 10 mil to a second tier QB or a 12 year starter holding on too long. The problem with the Cowboy's is that they never invested much in developing QB's through the draft. One of the great things about the Cowboys in the 70's was that they always provided competition at that position even when they had a Hall of Famer.

Roger Staubach once admitted that one of the reasons he worked so hard was from looking over his shoulders and seeing guys like Danny White, Jim Zorn and Steve Deberg.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yawn. Same argument with 4-5 guys everyday

History will prove that the masses were right in our assessment of Dak.

:dance::dance::dance:

But it's sad because I had originally hoped that he would be the answer but now I know he's not. hes somewhere between a backup qb and bus driver. Not bad. Still can make a living but he's no franchise qb

the thing is whether pro-dak or against-dak, the same thing needs to be done.
dak needs to be bench for sometime to clear his head.
get a vet qb if nothing but to evaluate the offense players and develop young receivers

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing to do at the QB position as things sit today is to keep working with Dak and trying to help him improve, and if things are still going wrong later in the year get White and/or Rush some playing time, and then evaluate in the offseason what we can do to upgrade the position by trade or by draft.