What to do at the QB position

kumizi

Reaction score
Giants look like they’re gonna get the Oregon QB

We’re screwed if they give Dak a big extension

kumizi

Reaction score
I want something other than the status quo. What we're doing is not working. So, yes, I'd be willing to take a shot w/ Richard. That's how good HC's are found. Someone takes a shot.
Next head coach will be the offensive play caller. You’re not going to get a well regarded offensive guy unless you offer him the head coach job.

kevm3

Reaction score
And neither had the talent around them that Dak had as a rookie. That rookie season was most unusual but what if Goff or Wentz had stepped into that? No rookie had stepped into a situation that sweet since Marino.

Goff or Wentz would largely have that 'super sweet' team that went 4 and 12 a year prior because it would have taken multiple picks to have gotten one of them and Zeke wouldn't be here because we would have used that high pick on them. Both Goff and Wentz might have had an ok first year but likely would be looking like Dak right now after getting coached up by Kellen Moore and after the rest of the league figured out our offense and we refused to adjust. Look at Goff under fisher. Worst passer in the league. Wentz went 7 and 9 his first year and isn't looking all that great right now.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Goff or Wentz would largely have that 'super sweet' team that went 4 and 12 a year prior because it would have taken multiple picks to have gotten one of them and Zeke wouldn't be here because we would have used that high pick on them. Both Goff and Wentz might have had an ok first year but likely would be looking like Dak right now after getting coached up by Kellen Moore and after the rest of the league figured out our offense and we refused to adjust. Look at Goff under fisher. Worst passer in the league. Wentz went 7 and 9 his first year and isn't looking all that great right now.

both rams and eagles splurged in free agency

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This just in Dallas needs a new coach and new QB --that is the fact. Now on a side note @waldoputty is field reporting on Nasty Melon having wild behavior and sniffing issues, mirror Melon has changed his name to Melonputty and wants no part of this nasty sniffing melon--stay turned for more on "AS the Melon Turns" bye @Melonfeud :muttley:
wow u cured melonputty from sniffy habit!
may be u can do something about the original' butt-lust?
I see the "pom-pom PUTTY pumper /Mr.4-p pal " & his fearful hero leader Crap Dashboard have emerged with their shrill chittering crap flappers humming ,from their subterranean rat warren of which much churning of each others butter takes place, resurfacing with the setting sun, to reengage their quest of constantly searching for fresh man or beast butt to sniff on.
(Yer' combined lameness is over whelming in it's hilarity of weak & unoriginal zing attack,as the
" sniffing dogs butts" most definitely has left an indelible imprint across yer' foreheads:lmao:)

waldoputty

Reaction score
I see the "pom-pom PUTTY pumper /Mr.4-p pal " & his fearful hero leader Crap Dashboard have emerged with their shrill chittering crap flappers humming ,from their subterranean rat warren of which much churning of each others butter takes place, resurfacing with the setting sun, to reengage their quest of constantly searching for fresh man or beast butt to sniff on.
(Yer' combined lameness is over whelming in it's hilarity of weak & unoriginal zing attack,as the
" sniffing dogs butts" most definitely has left an indelible imprint across yer' foreheads:lmao:)

@dallasdave - i have a feeling the strategy to defocus melon on sniffing may be having an effect

now if only garrett tanking would work as well and net us the #1 pick.
really unfortunate that giants lost on a 63 yarder and losing tonight...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
most of us have given up on dak.
his record-breaking interception record in 2016 is in the distant past.

whatever the reason for the dropoff, it has happened.
at this point, it seems even IF he has the talent, it is not going to come to the forefront in 2018.

so whether u r done with dak or think dak just needs a better ol and wr, u can probably see that he is making a lot of mistakes.
these mistakes include reading the defense and bad form when throwing.

at a minimum, it seems to me that dak needs to sit and relearn how to be a qb in the nfl.
the best case scenario i can see is that dak was spoiled by the 2016 ol that gave him 8 seconds to throw.
so he was rewarded to minimize mistake by playing conservative.
so this most optimistic interpretation is that his brain is completely fried when 8 seconds became 3 seconds, and he cannot adapt on the fly.
if u r pro-dak, u should still agree that that ol is not coming back at least this year.
even if williams makes huge improvements, tsmith is aging very quickly and looks slow against good de's.

so in the optimistic scenario, dak needs time to practice to unlearn the bad habits.
if dak is benched, he can also calmly learn how to read defenses, as after all, romo had several years to learn before starting.
now if u think what u get with dak is what u see now, then you should also have no problem with sitting him.

so what do we do now at qb.
i would say trade for a vet so the team would not embarrass itself.
we cannot look like we are literally tanking, and an experienced vet would allow us to see if dak is the problem.

hopefully we get the #1 pick and grab the best qb.
even so, i would think an open competition should be held for qb next year.

I think Eli will be available at the end of the season.

If he agrees to repaint the walls in the visitors lockroom and remove his signature and message..

he can be my backup.

Of course..

he needs to bring #13 with him

DAK might learn something.

Nah.

dallasdave

Reaction score
both rams and eagles splurged in free agency
Rams built a great team, Now Dallas needs new HC, OC, QB,WR, and (one-OL) New QB is the most important but that's get it all done and do for Dallas what the Rams turn around did for them.
***On a side note this just in From "AS the Melon Turns "" Mirror Melon who is now known a s Melon Putty has taken control of @Melonfeud . The old Melon had his head in a nasty litter box-and kept saying "there is no place like HOMe" The old melon has been flushed into a sewer and now is really Home Sweet Home :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
@waldoputty will be out in the field to bring us pictures of the melon in the sewer :muttley:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Rams built a great team, Now Dallas needs new HC, OC, QB,WR, and (one-OL) New QB is the most important but that's get it all done and do for Dallas what the Rams turn around did for them.
***On a side note this just in From "AS the Melon Turns "" Mirror Melon who is now known a s Melon Putty has taken control of @Melonfeud . The old Melon had his head in a nasty litter box-and kept saying "there is no place like HOMe" The old melon has been flushed into a sewer and now is really Home Sweet Home :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
@waldoputty will be out in the field to bring us pictures of the melon in the sewer :muttley:

the problem for me is that i am mostly in los angeles and all i hear on sports radio is the rams. lakers and dodgers (@Trouty) provide some respite, but hear all about their acquisitions and mcvay their brilliant coach.

wonderful, melonputty has been cleansed of melon filth deep in tradition of hookers, butt-lust and other unspeakable horrors. though his retained memories of the horrors would be useful in exposing melon schemes.

but melonputty will be kept in protective custody in case of devious melon plots.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
My,how pleasant the feeling of knowing my imparted words have feverishly overwhelmed the weak mind,running rampantly amok in their designed havoc,finger painting the interior bulkheads of the @dallasdave 's wheelhouse continually:lmao:

*thanks Bro! Yer' making my day:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

:):D:)

waldoputty

Reaction score
Trade up.

Although at this point, it wouldn't even matter with the offensive staff in place.
we need to be rid of the malignant hc/oc or the drafted qb could be ruined.
i dont know how much of dak's troubles is from lack of talent and how much from being developed incorrectly as he got used to 8 sec drops and collapsed when only 3 secs was available

dallasdave

Reaction score
My,how pleasant the feeling of knowing my imparted words have feverishly overwhelmed the weak mind,running rampantly amok in their designed havoc,finger painting the interior bulkheads of the @dallasdave 's wheelhouse continually:lmao:

*thanks Bro! Yer' making my day:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

:):D:)
From now on you are to be known as Melon Putty --learn it- love it -and live it -know your role little meonputty

Melonfeud

Reaction score
the problem for me is that i am mostly in los angeles and all i hear on sports radio is the rams. lakers and dodgers (@Trouty) provide some respite, but hear all about their acquisitions and mcvay their brilliant coach.

wonderful, melonputty has been cleansed of melon filth deep in tradition of hookers, butt-lust and other unspeakable horrors. though his retained memories of the horrors would be useful in exposing melon schemes.

but melonputty will be kept in protective custody in case of devious melon plots.
The 'mirror-melon' having it's failsafe override command activated,responds by shredding the rat-skin gayishly designed cheerleader attire both of these loser clown shoes continually wear, turns & drop kicks Crap Dashboards weasel featured face into the future by an hour ,while a glaring fierce look was all being needed in crumpling the Mr.4-p pal into a Sniveling sobbing shell ,,,mirror melon being struck with disgusted contempt, crammed their heads up each others butts & returned to the cool groovitude of his melonfeudian Realm:lmao2:

* Ha-Ha,,,losers in clown shoes,suck on that:lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
The 'mirror-melon' having it's failsafe override command activated,responds by shredding the rat-skin gayishly designed cheerleader attire both of these loser clown shoes continually wear, turns & drop kicks Crap Dashboards weasel featured face into the future by an hour ,while a glaring fierce look was all being needed in crumpling the Mr.4-p pal into a Sniveling sobbing shell ,,,mirror melon being struck with disgusted contempt, crammed their heads up each others butts & returned to the cool groovitude of his melonfeudian Realm:lmao2:

* Ha-Ha,,,losers in clown shoes,suck on that:lmao:

all i hear now is the qb and coach of the rams, and their pro bowl cbs and dts.
it is quite disheartening for cowboys as we know they would literally destroy the cowboys.
now is time to tank, get draft pick and make do with a backup to develop young wrs and tes.

u let melonputty lose, and now he has joined puttyism.
too late to get him back!
he is enjoying practices with cheerleaders and gave up on butt-lust of the original melon.