What to do at the trade deadline?

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is not elite. He can't even stay on the field. He's comparable to DLaw really. Productive player when healthy but nothing close to elite about him.
Except he was taken first overall and now he was traded away already..

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
He is not elite. He can't even stay on the field. He's comparable to DLaw really. Productive player when healthy but nothing close to elite about him.
D Law plays the run better than Chase.

Cowboys need a run-stuffing DT, o-linemen for depth (or a starter), and a true LB since Vander Esch can't stay on the field. Out of all of these wants, a LB presents the best opportunity. EVERYone wants a DT and o-linemen, so you'd have to pay to play to get into this bidding war.

So I'd like to think that behind the scenes, the Cowboys were looking at potential LB suitors. Bell has been playing great, but against a downhill run scheme, I don't think he'll hold up well. He's just too small to play a true MLB against strong running teams. He's a great in-the-box safety though.

But I trust Quinn to evaluate the market for a LB. And instead of getting desperate and grabbing some LB, I'm all for drafting the best available. I don't think Vander Esch is the best long-term solution.

Hmmm....

JBS

Reaction score
They’ve already told us the price for Johnson was too expensive

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans are allowed to complain when the front office says “they’ll do anything to win” “this is a contender” and then stands pat while the rest of the conference make key additions to bolster their squads.
Doing anything also includes doing nothing. Know when to stand your ground.

Some times no move is the best move.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Clearly they are too arrogant to do anything but assuming they weren’t the narcissistic morons they are what would you like done?

I say get Henry. Other than that I think they are ok. Henry would make a huge difference and cost what? 5th?

Reactions: Ken

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Trade deadline past at 3pm Central.

Titans didn't lie when they said Henry wasn't for sale and wasn't traded to anyone.

Ken

Reaction score
Clearly they are too arrogant to do anything but assuming they weren’t the narcissistic morons they are what would you like done?

I say get Henry. Other than that I think they are ok. Henry would make a huge difference and cost what? 5th?
I came around on the idea of Henry because, as you said, he was the one move that would make a huge difference for not a kings ransome.

Was not available though.

I didn't see much else that made sense.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
there's no way Washington or new York was goanna trade these guys to us ! is anybody missing those actual details??
Although it didn't happen, there's no concrete evidence that Dallas couldn't land one of them.