What to do at the trade deadline?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas doesn’t need a WR, especially one that will cost 17 million in 2024. They need a linebacker, OL, CB and/or a RB1. I like Adams but he won’t change the trajectory of this team for this season.

jay94

Reaction score
Our running back is getting close to 4ypc, meanwhile our receiving unit is bottom 10. Give Gallup away, Cooks seems to be on the decline. This isn't the 90s, a cb still likely a bigger need.

Beaker42

Reaction score
-Run game still remains one of the team's biggest weakness. Is it more the running back or the line in front of him struggling?
-What about adding a difference making receiver or TE? Would that be a progress stopper for some of our younger prospects like Tolbert/Ferguson?
-How about adding another pass rusher? Already struggling giving snaps to our Edge players, are their any interior rushers available?
-Linebacker appears to be a need with Lve down, but they just signed Evans and already have breakout star Bell and Clark.
-How about the secondary? Makes no sense to move Bland back to nickel as he is playing well on the outside, can they upgrade Lewis?

Cross off the likes of Devante Adams and Aaron Donald, they make far too much money. It appears the Titans are trying to get higher compensation for Henry and they probably won't trade him unless they get a good package. Where does that leave the Cowboys?
Watch other teams make moves while we pound our pudz.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
From what I gather, the consensus is to look for a brand player but for cheap.
From where do you chaps come?
Tha is why we are second rate. be cheap and expect diamonds in the rough to get us to the Super Bowl.

Dream big, Jerald, like you once did with Deion and Haley.
Sod! keep your bargain rate players just to say we did something!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It’s time to aggressively go after Devante Adams.

It’s probably not what Jerry is going to do, but I wish he would.

Adams has been wanting out of Vegas for a while now. After tonight’s loss against Detroit, he was visibly frustrated. The Raiders are bad. McDaniels is football war criminal.

Jimmy Garappolo very sexily overthrew Adams by a country mile in the 4th quarter, and after that Adams seemed pretty furious.

He wants out of LV. His stock will not be getting any lower. He’s one of the best WRs of the past decade. This offense needs playmakers to get over the hump. Adams is a playmaker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What to do at this trade final day? Keep preparing for Philadelphia!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s time to aggressively go after Devante Adams.

It’s probably not what Jerry is going to do, but I wish he would.

Adams has been wanting out of Vegas for a while now. After tonight’s loss against Detroit, he was visibly frustrated. The Raiders are bad. McDaniels is football war criminal.

Jimmy Garappolo very sexily overthrew Adams by a country mile in the 4th quarter, and after that Adams seemed pretty furious.

He wants out of LV. His stock will not be getting any lower. He’s one of the best WRs of the past decade. This offense needs playmakers to get over the hump. Adams is a playmaker.

Definitely, and he knows McCarthy's system, so that'd be an advantage for us in a trade scenario.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Gallup for davante Adams Raiders to pick up 10 million of contract per year for next two years and all if remaining gallup contract. Lol

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have time to make trades today since they're getting their Halloween candy ready to destribute at the Star tonight.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I know it’s a pipe dream but I’d sell our first and then some if they traded for Donald. Rams are on a downwards trajectory and it’s the type of move that would prove we’re trying to go for it all this year

J-man

Reaction score
I still think adding a "thunder" type RB to go with our "lighting" RB we have in TP would be the best move we could do for the team. At least a move that would be reasonable cost wise, that is. There are a lot of possibilities IMHO.

Pats just added Leonard Fournette, could we get Zeke back for peanuts? Is it worth it?
Would they part with Rhamondre Stevenson? He could be a great match. What would that take to get him?
Connor could be a great fit too. Don't think he would command that much since he's on IR for a few weeks.
Henry may be too much to pay for too little time to have him here.
Tyler Allgeier would be a sneaky good pick up.
Is Zack Moss now expendable in Indy?
Dalvin Cook wants out of NY, would he be worth the cost?
Josh Jacobs would be a big splash surprising move that could work, if he's willing not to break the, nvrmnd.
Harris from Pitt? Doubt it.
Chase Edmounds from TB?
Any others I missed?

blueblood70

Reaction score
-Run game still remains one of the team's biggest weakness. Is it more the running back or the line in front of him struggling?
-What about adding a difference making receiver or TE? Would that be a progress stopper for some of our younger prospects like Tolbert/Ferguson?
-How about adding another pass rusher? Already struggling giving snaps to our Edge players, are their any interior rushers available?
-Linebacker appears to be a need with Lve down, but they just signed Evans and already have breakout star Bell and Clark.
-How about the secondary? Makes no sense to move Bland back to nickel as he is playing well on the outside, can they upgrade Lewis?

Cross off the likes of Devante Adams and Aaron Donald, they make far too much money. It appears the Titans are trying to get higher compensation for Henry and they probably won't trade him unless they get a good package. Where does that leave the Cowboys?
It leaves somewhere most of us already knew we don't have any big holes to fill it doesn't make any sense to make any trades unless somehow it makes total sense which I don't see anything that's a absolute glaring need you said it all but people on here keep posting stuff like we could add Johnson at cornerback these dudes are gonna want a big bag of money we already have too many players at corner like Trayvon diggs and bland is eventually gonna need to get paid our safeties all already got paid I mean you can't just add players for the sake of adding them because it looks like it can improve your team you can't afford guys like that draft compensation that could be used for players at that position will be used for players at that position not a trade to immediately have to hand the guy $18 million

blueblood70

Reaction score
I still think adding a "thunder" type RB to go with our "lighting" RB we have in TP would be the best move we could do for the team. At least a move that would be reasonable cost wise, that is. There are a lot of possibilities IMHO.

Pats just added Leonard Fournette, could we get Zeke back for peanuts? Is it worth it?
Would they part with Rhamondre Stevenson? He could be a great match. What would that take to get him?
Connor could be a great fit too. Don't think he would command that much since he's on IR for a few weeks.
Henry may be too much to pay for too little time to have him here.
Tyler Allgeier would be a sneaky good pick up.
Is Zack Moss now expendable in Indy?
Dalvin Cook wants out of NY, would he be worth the cost?
Josh Jacobs would be a big splash surprising move that could work, if he's willing not to break the, nvrmnd.
Harris from Pitt? Doubt it.
Chase Edmounds from TB?
Any others I missed?
Dalvin cook is an absolute no he's no different than Tony Pollard we need a bigger stronger back that is not cook.. That is weird that the patriots added Leonard fournette why would they do that somebody might be hurt that they haven't put on the injury list yet I mean cause having those three backs are very similar... I mean it's interesting I don't know if this fan base wants zeke back but peanuts I'm sure you could have them for peanuts I mean what else would you wanna get for him? How much is zeke owed? I give a fifth rounder for zeke

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
All I know the Eagles will probably pull off another trade today. We have to do something to keep up.