What to expect from Moore

glimmerman

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.al.com/sports/2018/11/amari-cooper-more-comfortable-for-second-game-with-dallas-cowboys.html?outputType=amp
Just that they ran the same set up for years. Of course it worked because it’s a play that if it’s executed the it’s hard to stop. But when they start sitting on them then it’s a matter of time before it’s a pick 6. Predictable. All teams run the same type of plays with different calls and formations.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There will be some smoke and mirrors stuff in the first game or 2
Then reality will set in when he gets figured out and Garrett homies will be gleefully rubbing their hands together as Moores struggles will give them a convenient excuse
Who knows. JG got no extension. If Moore starts to fail then it will be up to JG to grab his own playbook and coach for his career here.

cern

Reaction score
ehhhhhh, norv put time into, learned the game on this level. two are unrelated. Moore will have to compensate for a lot. the NFL is not college and that is well known. its possible, but if i had to hedge my money, im not taking that bet. and how much time are we going to give KM. we need to be fair as well.
I have no more prescience regarding this matter than you. All we can do is wait and see.

Dre11

Reaction score
Just that they ran the same set up for years. Of course it worked because it’s a play that if it’s executed the it’s hard to stop. But when they start sitting on them then it’s a matter of time before it’s a pick 6. Predictable. All teams run the same type of plays with different calls and formations.

As does the cowboys, to act like the Cowboys do things so different from the league is a stretch. They've won their division 3 of the last 5 years vs the teams that knows them the best. They're not that predictable. They were 5-1 vs those teams. This isn't rocket science

Them

Reaction score
...Moore?.. more, Moore?... less. It's kind of a scary thought...but it seems we really won't know till the season starts, and they begin real game planning against teams...I doubt they would tip their hand in pre-season. Might be one of those times where the Boys go 0-4 in pre-season....more or less:huh:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Much like the Giants game there will be several people helping design the game plan. Garret will still help manage the game while Moore calls plays. Moore will follow his cards that's what they are for. The test will come when things fall apart and nothing works, can he call plays from his gut and find a way to get things going?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.

Coming after Linehan should make him look great. Fredbeard back too. No WR or oline shuffle early in the season.

Just by being moderately competent he should look like a star.

One hint on Moore. We signed back two guys Linehan didn't use much in Tavon and Olawale. As low as my expectations are for the coaching, I just believe we'd resign those guys without specific plans to use them.

Two run threats who can be on the field *with* Zeke. All the talk about misdirection from Moore? That's how you get it. Multiple run threats going in different directions. Dak too. We could have 4 credible run threats on the field at once, and that's not counting the kind of reverses you can do with most any wideout.

Last edited:

Number1

Reaction score
“It’s interesting because I actually had another stop route on that play and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes,” Cooper said. “And I was like, this is ridiculous. So when I broke the huddle I was kind of mad and I was like, Dak, come on. And he was just like, just run it bro. And I guess he thought about it again and he kind of signaled a go route and I was elated when he did that. And I took off, caught the ball, and scored.” - Amari Cooper

We've seen at least four WR complain about being too predictable. I don't think a single Rams WR has raised the same complaints.

dude, I'm quite sure after watching the Ram's playoff run that is exactly how their WRs feel

CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
55.7 712 6.7 1 2 39 71.7

the Rams got as far as they did on OL and DL

nobody

Reaction score
I expect an OC that actually studies opponents looking for weaknesses in their defense and exploiting them and also making adjustments as needed in a game. Not going with the same plan time and again and refusing to make adjustments.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.

I have no expectations of Moore today. He was Linehans boy but I hope Moore is his own man. I want to see the team get off to a great start but it could be a little bumpy the first few games. I guess that is my expectation, a bit bumpy to start with hopes of the offense smoothing out after a few games. I'm a realistic pragmatist :)

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
KellonM.jpg

DanA

Reaction score
And your point? They were running what was working, as a coordinator, you run a play until they stop it. No player complains when they're winning, just as none complained here when the team was winning.

For three years? You can't pretend it was a one game problem. It was systemic over several years.
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.al.com/sports/2018/11/amari-cooper-more-comfortable-for-second-game-with-dallas-cowboys.html?outputType=amp

Nah, I saw it.

And if it was only the one WR slipping post-game then I'd chalk it up as me misinterpreting. But that's not the case, you can't put your fingers in your ear and pretend everything is okay.

Dez has said something, Beasley has, TW has made comments and so has Butler. This fits with Amari Cooper's comments in the heat of the moment. A guy that has only just arrived, and wants to have a long-term future at the organization, has a vested interest in walking back his comments. In my eyes that doesn't hide his true feelings which is what all our WR said under Linehan and what Cooper said without thinking on game day.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
For three years? You can't pretend it was a one game problem. It was systemic over several years.

Nah, I saw it.

And if it was only the one WR slipping post-game then I'd chalk it up as me misinterpreting. But that's not the case, you can't put your fingers in your ear and pretend everything is okay.

Dez has said something, Beasley has, TW has made comments and so has Butler. This fits with Amari Cooper's comments in the heat of the moment. A guy that has only just arrived, and wants to have a long-term future at the organization, has a vested interest in walking back his comments. In my eyes that doesn't hide his true feelings which is what all our WR said under Linehan and what Cooper said without thinking on game day.
They were sitting on the come back routes all day and Linehan kept calling them. Surprised they didn’t jump the routes. Of course that makes Dak look bad for running the plays that are called. I am glad they adjusted on the fly.

DanA

Reaction score
They were sitting on the come back routes all day and Linehan kept calling them. Surprised they didn’t jump the routes. Of course that makes Dak look bad for running the plays that are called. I am glad they adjusted on the fly.

I just don't think you can blame a 3rd year QB for not ignoring the OC.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belecik exposed Goff, if he can't show he's grown past coach talking him thru def looks up to the snap, Rams fall back toward the rest of the nfc offensivly

He has to shake the college system qb traits.....Mcvay has to take off the training wheels
Belichick did exactly what any good DC would do. He assessed the strength and decided to put it all on what he perceived as the weakest link. Every QB has to prove that he has what it takes when the DC's put him in the crosshairs.