What trade is coming?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Now I think you haven't seen zeke Rico hunter and Vaughn run behind the starting offensive line with gameplans.. So I'm not sure what you think we need but you can't know it until we actually see it.... You make a trade like that much like we did with Amari Cooper ,three or four games in the season if it just absolutely terrible, than go get one....

I don't think they need to make any trades

cut downs are going to leave a lot of guys out free to be grabbed, and there's already a big free agent list right now... They will churn the bottom as you say...
Waiting to bring in Cooper cost us games. If it's "all in", then proceed accordingly and stop screwing around.

I watched Zeke last season. He had a few moments, but it was clear he's a shell of his glory days.

Deuce MIGHT be a viable option, but his size scares me if he's expected to have a meaningful workload, and he can't block...

Dowdle can't stay healthy. Story of his career. He may be the most explosive of the bunch.

Freeman has nice size and power. So does Zeke. Why do we need him?

Luepke hasn't shown much of anything, nor has Davis.

It's well chronicled that the offense under Dak can win games if they can establish the run. Why in the world would you want to risk it if there's a viable option to plug in at a reasonable cost?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is this sarcasm or serious?
Jerry couldn't name a player outside the top five in a draft in any year, and you think he watches tape of players or could name a player outside this organization that he could trade for, then I have a bridge to sell you...he's a figurehead at his age, who rambles on to the media.. Will McClay in conversations with the coaches McCarthy and Zimmer will let Jerry know when they need to trade for a player..

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry couldn't name a player outside the top five in a draft in any year, and you think he watches tape of players or could name a player outside this organization that he could trade for, then I have a bridge to sell you...he's a figurehead at his age, who rambles on to the media.. Will McClay in conversations with the coaches McCarthy and Zimmer will let Jerry know when they need to trade for a player..
That's right and there are still games being played today. Anything can happen. The Giants had 7 injuries yesterday.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Waiting to bring in Cooper cost us games. If it's "all in", then proceed accordingly and stop screwing around.

I watched Zeke last season. He had a few moments, but it was clear he's a shell of his glory days.

Deuce MIGHT be a viable option, but his size scares me if he's expected to have a meaningful workload, and he can't block...

Dowdle can't stay healthy. Story of his career. He may be the most explosive of the bunch.

It's well chronicled that the offense under Dak can win games if they can establish the run. Why in the world would you want to risk it if there's a viable option to plug in at a reasonable cost?
Dude that's late way too long a response to respond to what I said you have not seen this group play behind the starting offensive line ,yet..

don't need to panic, no need to be a drama king ,get over it ,

they're not trading for a running back, one might fall into their lap ,and it did not cost us games in 18...

we did not know if we didn't won any of those games even with a better wide receiver it turned the season around we went to the second round of the playoffs, so apparently we won enough games to get to the second round of the playoffs, so it was not too late and we're talking about a running back it's much easier to use a running back by committee if you're offensive line can do a good job and a play caller can actually utilize their play calling and use the right person in those play calls last year Mike McCarthy did not.

and I don't care if you think deuce is too small, show me his injury history, he was a full time starter in the Big 12 played against some big time defenses ,show me where he missed all these games it's like people saying turpin's too small show me where he's missed a bunch of games because he has NOT, some guys are just football players no matter what their size is... To please spare me the you're afraid to use deuce Vaughn in a roll here when he just went through college with 5000 scrimmage yards without an injury history. And let me remind you this dude was not a gadget player he was actually a full time running back in the Big 12 against some really nice competition. He not only played full time running back he played special teams I mean this man if he was injury prone it would have shown up already I don't care how big the NFL players look he looks like he knows how to cut how to take a hit when to slide but if he happens to take a hit he can absorb it apparently he gets back up right away off the field from what I've seen.

So nice job lamenting over the fact that I said it's too soon to worry about a trade when they put the bubble wrap on their starting running backs and they're starting offensive lineman for the most part until the real games happen so we need to see this for say the first month that would be four or five games and then if there's some big time trouble there then you can make an actual trade because there are a lot of teams that are deep at running back like the dolphins and The Jets you might release a good guy you might be able to get one without a trade I'm saying first let us cut down then let us browse the cut downs let us prepare for Cleveland with the players we brought and then see how it goes..

blueblood70

Reaction score

No we don't need Royce but we're probably only rolling with four

already set... Zeke, Rico, Hunter, and most likely Vaughn. scat back only change of pace back we have so id say that the RB room and im comfortable with it FOR NOW. Have you removed somebody from that list for me it would have to be hunter... He's had some handoff issues and doesn't do anything the others cant do so?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude that's late way too long a response to respond to what I said you have not seen this group play behind the starting offensive line ,yet..

they're not trading for a running back, one might fall into their lap ,and it did not cost us games in 18...

we did not know if we didn't won any of those games even with a better wide receiver it turned the season around we went to the second round of the playoffs, so apparently we won enough games to get to the second round of the playoffs, so it was not too late and we're talking about a running back it's much easier to use a running back by committee if you're offensive line can do a good job and a play caller can actually utilize their play calling and use the right person in those play calls last year Mike McCarthy did not.

and I don't care if you think deuce is too small, show me his injury history, he was a full time starter in the Big 12 played against some big time defenses ,show me where he missed all these games it's like people saying turpin's too small show me where he's missed a bunch of games because he has NOT, some guys are just football players no matter what their size is... To please spare me the you're afraid to use deuce Vaughn in a roll here when he just went through college with 5000 scrimmage yards without an injury history. And let me remind you this dude was not a gadget player he was actually a full time running back in the Big 12 against some really nice competition. He not only played full time running back he played special teams I mean this man if he was injury prone it would have shown up already I don't care how big the NFL players look he looks like he knows how to cut how to take a hit when to slide but if he happens to take a hit he can absorb it apparently he gets back up right away off the field from what I've seen.

So nice job lamenting over the fact that I said it's too soon to worry about a trade when they put the bubble wrap on their starting running backs and they're starting offensive lineman for the most part until the real games happen so we need to see this for say the first month that would be four or five games and then if there's some big time trouble there then you can make an actual trade because there are a lot of teams that are deep at running back like the dolphins and The Jets you might release a good guy you might be able to get one without a trade I'm saying first let us cut down then let us browse the cut downs let us prepare for Cleveland with the players we brought and then see how it goes..

I'm not being a drama queen. I gave a brief description of what's on the roster and explained why I believe it makes no sense to wait. Pretty straight forward and didn't warrant the name calling. Too much caffeine this morning?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Huh? I never said Jerry watches tape lol. I’m arguing the opposite. He doesn’t do anything but listen to his scouts and he decides who they should draft. Why do you think he wanted Mazi? Taco? Manziel? Paxton Lynch? You can’t be naive enough to think he has no say her lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not being a drama queen. I gave a brief description of what's on the roster and explained why I believe it makes no sense to wait. Pretty straight forward and didn't warrant the name calling. Too much caffeine this morning?
DITTO Why you won't give it up,

I'm telling you they are comfortable it showed by how they didnt play zeke at all, hes in, or hunter much at all must be in, and rico a little bit but none this game hes in, and DV42 is the ONLY back with scatback change of pace skills left and makes sense. FOR NOW

and I am comfortable and that is set until we see some games. Book it

hey, feel free keep a receipt I'm telling you they're not trading for a running back this week.... In my opinion those four guys are the ones making the team... Also like I said keep a receipt if the first four weeks somehow DV is just not getting it done or one of those are just failing then yeah, they might make a trade

right now, there's going to be a ton of guys released , we can't keep telling you this enough that you don't need to make a trade,

there could just be one fall in your lap... So when we say they're not making the trade doesn't mean they're not gonna make changes but right now I just don't see any.. Especially given the fact that we lost Deron bland and we better more focus on bringing in a VET Corner..

Zim will make list there..

Sheepherder

Reaction score
That would be serious. They tell Jerry and he signs off on it.
With Jerry hanging behind mc

I have a hard time believing anybody is gonna release a good player, makes no sense.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Huh? I never said Jerry watches tape lol. I’m arguing the opposite. He doesn’t do anything but listen to his scouts and he decides who they should draft. Why do you think he wanted Mazi? Taco? Manziel? Paxton Lynch? You can’t be naive enough to think he has no say her lol.
Jerry wouldn't know Mazi Smith if he fell over him prior to the draft, McClay runs the draft, period end of story...If Jerry was running the draft, Zach Martin wouldn't be a Cowboy, Johnny Manziel would! The naive ones are people that continue to think Jerry is more than a figurehead at 81 years old.....