What trade is coming?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry wouldn't know Mazi Smith if he fell over him prior to the draft, McClay runs the draft, period end of story...If Jerry was running the draft, Zach Martin wouldn't be a Cowboy, Johnny Manziel would! The naive ones are people that continue to think Jerry is more than a figurehead at 81 years old.....
You wish this was the case. I wish MCclay ran the team. But he doesn’t. It’s Jerry and Stephen. So when you ask why Martin is a Cowboy it’s because of that. But truthfully Jerry was never drafting Manziel while Romo was here.

Once again I never said McClay didn’t run the draft or that Jerry scouted players. Are you intentionally misunderstanding me? What’s the issue?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
And that's why we got Lance in the first place. Lol Jerry will never be a figurehead. And next to him will be Stephen. McClay has no power at all only suggestions.
Johnny Manziel/ Zack Martin......Jerry's only one in the room that wanted Manziel but took Martin....he's a figure head that listens to McClay and only signs off, Jerry never had Trey Lance as a first round selection, McClay and the scouting team did....

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Johnny Manziel/ Zack Martin......Jerry's only one in the room that wanted Manziel but took Martin....he's a figure head that listens to McClay and only signs off, Jerry never had Trey Lance as a first round selection, McClay and the scouting team did....
If that's the case McClay should be fired immediately.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
You wish this was the case. I wish MCclay ran the team. But he doesn’t. It’s Jerry and Stephen. So when you ask why Martin is a Cowboy it’s because of that. But truthfully Jerry was never drafting Manziel while Romo was here.

Once again I never said McClay didn’t run the draft or that Jerry scouted players. Are you intentionally misunderstanding me? What’s the issue?
Jerry wanted Manziel, he said so, but relented because he was the ONLY one in the building that wanted him.....When Jerry was running the show, you end up with Shante Carver, Quincey Carter etc ....Jerry doesn't know what this team needs other than when McClay and the headcoach informs him..A GM spends a ton of time watching tape, talking to scouts, talking to College coaches about players, Jerry doesn't do any of that, he just sits in on meetings and signs off what McClay and the coaches want...that's a figurehead!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry wanted Manziel, he said so, but relented because he was the ONLY one in the building that wanted him.....When Jerry was running the show, you end up with Shante Carver, Quincey Carter etc ....Jerry doesn't know what this team needs other than when McClay and the headcoach informs him..A GM spends a ton of time watching tape, talking to scouts, talking to College coaches about players, Jerry doesn't do any of that, he just sits in on meetings and signs off what McClay and the coaches want...that's a figurehead!!
If Jerry wanted Manziel he would’ve been a Cowboy. He just gave Romo a big deal. I don’t see him benching Romo barring injury to Romo.

And you don’t think guys like Larry Lacewdll advised Jerry to draft those guys? People have been advising him what to do since the beginning of time. Jerry made the trade for Lance. And did it without his coach knowing.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Jerry wanted Manziel he would’ve been a Cowboy. He just gave Romo a big deal. I don’t see him benching Romo barring injury to Romo.

And you don’t think guys like Larry Lacewdll advised Jerry to draft those guys? People have been advising him what to do since the beginning of time. Jerry made the trade for Lance. And did it without his coach knowing.
How would you know that Jerry did something without telling the coach? It's odd that you claim that you know.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dallas makes any trade of significance, I'll fall of my chair.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Yet Jerry goes and trades a 4th for him like he's special at evaluating talent. How many times has that worked out?????

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Right from the horses arse, I mean mouth!!

Jones makes it clear that he's still seething at the fact that he didn't pick Johnny.
"I am still so damn mad," he told ESPN. "I get madder, every day, about missin' him."

He told Van Natta that he was the only person in the draft room who wanted Manziel and that passing on him goes against the same risk-taking philosophy that made him buy the Cowboys in the first place

https://www.businessinsider.com/jerry-jones-draft-johnny-manziel-2014-8?op=1