What trade is coming?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They aren't making a big trade. So who is available super cheap that would be an upgrade at almost any position but mostly DT, RB, maybe CB.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broaddus was probably told weeks ago that they were trying to trade for another DT (not Phillips) but decided to sign Joseph. So Broaddus is still clinging to that old info.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
DITTO Why you won't give it up,

I'm telling you they are comfortable it showed by how they didnt play zeke at all, hes in, or hunter much at all must be in, and rico a little bit but none this game hes in, and DV42 is the ONLY back with scatback change of pace skills left and makes sense. FOR NOW

and I am comfortable and that is set until we see some games. Book it

hey, feel free keep a receipt I'm telling you they're not trading for a running back this week.... In my opinion those four guys are the ones making the team... Also like I said keep a receipt if the first four weeks somehow DV is just not getting it done or one of those are just failing then yeah, they might make a trade

right now, there's going to be a ton of guys released , we can't keep telling you this enough that you don't need to make a trade,

there could just be one fall in your lap... So when we say they're not making the trade doesn't mean they're not gonna make changes but right now I just don't see any.. Especially given the fact that we lost Deron bland and we better more focus on bringing in a VET Corner..

Zim will make list there..
Are you in the front office? Have you had direct conversations with Jerry Jones? If there's a guy released that they think fits, that'll work too. It will depend on the quality of players that are available. If there's a good fit for a 6th, I'm pulling the trigger, no questions asked.

What I'm getting at is this is a clear and obvious weakness, much like WR before Cooper came in, and to not address it further before the season starts is lunacy. You will not convince me otherwise. Hopefully the players on the field will, but I don't see it.

Also, it's really strange the lengths you're going to try to convince me that I'm wrong, over such a simple initial post. You were right, this conversation doesn't need this much dialogue, but you brought it. It's an opinion. I said it. Get over it. If you wish to discuss further, I'll get at you after work.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude that's late way too long a response to respond to what I said you have not seen this group play behind the starting offensive line ,yet..

don't need to panic, no need to be a drama king ,get over it ,

they're not trading for a running back, one might fall into their lap ,and it did not cost us games in 18...

we did not know if we didn't won any of those games even with a better wide receiver it turned the season around we went to the second round of the playoffs, so apparently we won enough games to get to the second round of the playoffs, so it was not too late and we're talking about a running back it's much easier to use a running back by committee if you're offensive line can do a good job and a play caller can actually utilize their play calling and use the right person in those play calls last year Mike McCarthy did not.

and I don't care if you think deuce is too small, show me his injury history, he was a full time starter in the Big 12 played against some big time defenses ,show me where he missed all these games it's like people saying turpin's too small show me where he's missed a bunch of games because he has NOT, some guys are just football players no matter what their size is... To please spare me the you're afraid to use deuce Vaughn in a roll here when he just went through college with 5000 scrimmage yards without an injury history. And let me remind you this dude was not a gadget player he was actually a full time running back in the Big 12 against some really nice competition. He not only played full time running back he played special teams I mean this man if he was injury prone it would have shown up already I don't care how big the NFL players look he looks like he knows how to cut how to take a hit when to slide but if he happens to take a hit he can absorb it apparently he gets back up right away off the field from what I've seen.

So nice job lamenting over the fact that I said it's too soon to worry about a trade when they put the bubble wrap on their starting running backs and they're starting offensive lineman for the most part until the real games happen so we need to see this for say the first month that would be four or five games and then if there's some big time trouble there then you can make an actual trade because there are a lot of teams that are deep at running back like the dolphins and The Jets you might release a good guy you might be able to get one without a trade I'm saying first let us cut down then let us browse the cut downs let us prepare for Cleveland with the players we brought and then see how it goes..

Every season is not the same. So this year waiting to see if you have filled the holes correctly could cost you

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The one trade that is not coming is a Trey Lance trade after that performance
Cooper Rush is amuch better player than Trey Lance. That year Dak got hurt,he got 5 out 6 wins. And nobody thought he had a chance. He is the best backup they have. If Dak got hurt, who would you like to see in there.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You trade a backup and you get a backup. The only trade that will impact our roster will be an expensive vet that the other team deems expendable or not worth the salary or just wants to build towards the future. That means what you give up isn't really as important as the salary you take on and likely it means draft capital going back. I definelty think we make a deal like this for a starter type player or at least a rotation type guy (ideally a pass rusher), this season. But, it may be at the trade deadline and not this weekend.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is amuch better player than Trey Lance. That year Dak got hurt,he got 5 out 6 wins. And nobody thought he had a chance. He is the best backup they have. If Dak got hurt, who would you like to see in there.
I rather have Rush than Lance backup. I am saying that I don’t think any team would trade for Lance after that performance

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm OK with Lance playing. I'm not afraid to cut Rush and bring him back.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some think that the Cowboys will make a trade before the final cut. They are saying it could be a dtackle or running back. It looks like they have a surplus at safety. What trade do you think they would make?
Tyler Alligeir comes to mind. 1000 yards, 4.9 ypc as a rookie. Stuck behind a bell cow. 2 years left on a late round pick contract

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They supposedly probed this after the draft
Hate the probe.

R.87a615dbbda4e97b900e09652f118643