What would happen if Dak stopped listening to the coaches?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Romo only had Garrett as the OC to overcome. Wade had zero involvement on offense. Romo also had Witten backing him 100%.

Dak has Linehan and Garrett to deal with and he does not have the receiver (WR/TE) that has a tight bond with him like Witten/Romo and Irvin/Aikman.
Thank you sir.....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Have to instal a whole new Offense and would be a year of learning it. Can’t get anything done any more in TC. A lot of jogging around and stretching. After last year I really trusted this staff was doing what they said in putting in a lot of new stuff. Did you see anything really new? Besides players.
Yeah... All of that new stuff was smoke & mirrors.... Unless they think it's still preseason.... I'm mean... We are talking about a staff that bubble wrapped their whole offense for the whole preseason. So anything's possible.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Have to instal a whole new Offense and would be a year of learning it. Can’t get anything done any more in TC. A lot of jogging around and stretching. After last year I really trusted this staff was doing what they said in putting in a lot of new stuff. Did you see anything really new? Besides players.
There's some new wrinkles, but really still the same basic scheme.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Might be a matter of time with all of the coaching and player changes. O line and TE coaching specifically.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This team will be better with new coaches.

Unfortunately I regret and am full of fright when I consider the people choosing the replacements.

This team... this poor team...

CWR

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if Dak stopped listening to the idiocy/coaching/noise/whatever you want to call it in his ear and just started doing his own thing like in his rookie season?

Thoughts?

As mentioned elsewhere, Romo started ignoring the coaches and it worked out pretty well for him.

I'll say it once more, when Dak was playing wide open in his rookie season before the "dumbing down" effect started, he was decisive, care free, and effective.

Will it take him taking a bold step in defining his career (just like Romo did) to save it?

The thing is Dak is not stupid. If the coaches are truly hurting him hes aware of it. Hes also aware that hes playing for a contract. That being the case, hes going to do what brings him success.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You realize Dak learned what a cover 3 was from madden right?
I would wager that many of today's players first learned formations from playing Madden. Hopefully, he knows that regular season NFL games can end in a tie.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if Dak stopped listening to the idiocy/coaching/noise/whatever you want to call it in his ear and just started doing his own thing like in his rookie season?

Thoughts?

As mentioned elsewhere, Romo started ignoring the coaches and it worked out pretty well for him.

I'll say it once more, when Dak was playing wide open in his rookie season before the "dumbing down" effect started, he was decisive, care free, and effective.

Will it take him taking a bold step in defining his career (just like Romo did) to save it?
Dak has to do something different I agree. Get rid of the ball faster and run when there is nothing there.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak has to do something different I agree. Get rid of the ball faster and run when there is nothing there.
I would try more 2 min type, no huddle. Let him get in a groove, do some stuff for himself
It’s not like huddling and coaching worked
He actually played better when we spread out Carolina and ran more no huddle
Most QB love the no huddle
Just play and tune out the coaches
Let him sink or swim