What would happen if Dak stopped listening to the coaches?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if Dak stopped listening to the idiocy/coaching/noise/whatever you want to call it in his ear and just started doing his own thing like in his rookie season?

Thoughts?

As mentioned elsewhere, Romo started ignoring the coaches and it worked out pretty well for him.

I'll say it once more, when Dak was playing wide open in his rookie season before the "dumbing down" effect started, he was decisive, care free, and effective.

Will it take him taking a bold step in defining his career (just like Romo did) to save it?
Wont matter!!!!!!!
Defenses took away Daks short game and he is helpless as a baby and Zeke isnt able to help because everyone on the defense is within 5-10 yds of the line of scrimmage.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Too bad they don't allow player coaches anymore, Dak could be the OC and QB.

"Y'all just block, I'll do my thing."
Garrett and Linehan are empty suits. Please explain to me exactly what Kellen Moore does. I'd appreciate that.

Silver spoon appointments. Gotta love it. With REAL coaches in here, our offense would flourish. They've finally started turning the tide on defense and that's not all players. Believe it or not, it is indeed possible to have great coaching on both sides of the LOS at the same time. I know that's hard to believe because you're a Cowboys fan but it is indeed really true.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wont matter!!!!!!!
Defenses took away Daks short game and he is helpless as a baby and Zeke isnt able to help because everyone on the defense is within 5-10 yds of the line of scrimmage.
So explain how we were able to run the ball so well 2 years ago? What did we do differently? I know the answer but I'd love for you to enlighten both of us.

Hadenough

Reaction score
3 reasons we ran the ball better in 2016
If you go back and watch film Defenses were playing zone and dropping back giving Dak underneath routes which left more space for Zeke.
The online was better and healthy!
Easy schedule!

waving monkey

Reaction score
That's a serious statement. Those clowns will cheer him up and spot him out without batting an eye. Romo picked the trend and rescued his career. I look for Dak to do the same. That doesn't mean go rogue. It simply means doing what HE thinks will work situationally. Even if it means taking an occasional ear beating on the sideline from Linehan or Garrett.
agree ,just will it

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Rriighhttt... Cute. I guess young Romo was the only person capable of calling plays at the line. That possibility could never exist with Dak. Gotcha.
Why do you always gotta bring up Romo when talking about Dak? Give it a rest already. Smh.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
This just in "Romo did his own thing and it saved his career".
Dak could call his own plays, & it might help. But he still has to fix his issues with only seeing half the field, holding on the ball too long, & his habit of wanting to run into his throws.

You keep comparing him & Romo, but Romo never had those issues. He had different issues, like being a Favre-esque gunslinger throwing picks at crucial moments.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger problem is this isn’t the same offense as 2016.

We don’t have the same recieving Corp or OL. Dak isn’t surrounded by as much talent. That’s on our front office.

And defenses have figured out you stop Elliott and force Dak to beat them.

It’s several contributing factors. Not just Dak.

Good news is we will have more success against lesser teams like NY.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The bigger problem is this isn’t the same offense as 2016.

We don’t have the same recieving Corp or OL. Dak isn’t surrounded by as much talent. That’s on our front office.

And defenses have figured out you stop Elliott and force Dak to beat them.

It’s several contributing factors. Not just Dak.

Good news is we will have more success against lesser teams like NY.
Is NY really lesser though? Had you said Lions... Ok. But NY has had our number regularly in recent years.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Welp. That is kinda a part of original premise of this thread. :huh:

Why are you so sensitive where it pertains to the mention of Romo?
I'm sensitive? Says the guy that cant handle anyone criticizing Dak Prescott lmao. Lol I know your game man, for the past 2 years you've talked bad about Romo while gassing up Dak. Now you wanna make ANOTHER thread comparing them. Give it a rest dude. The man is retired.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm sensitive? Says the guy that cant handle anyone criticizing Dak Prescott lmao. Lol I know your game man, for the past 2 years you've talked bad about Romo while gassing up Dak. Now you wanna make ANOTHER thread comparing them. Give it a rest dude. The man is retired.
I handle Dak criticism quite well actually given the barrage that exists. :thumbup:

Yes. You're sensitive to any mention of the golden boy.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I handle Dak criticism quite well actually given the barrage that exists. :thumbup:

Yes. You're sensitive to any mention of the golden boy.
Exactly. Right on queue. This whole thread was just another front for you to gas up Dak while bashing Romo like you've always done. You got issues. Like bad issues lol. Idk what Romo did to you, idk what your unhealthy obsession with Dak Prescott is, but you need help.o_O

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lol you know I'm right.
tenor.gif

CWR

Reaction score
I would try more 2 min type, no huddle. Let him get in a groove, do some stuff for himself
It’s not like huddling and coaching worked
He actually played better when we spread out Carolina and ran more no huddle
Most QB love the no huddle
Just play and tune out the coaches
Let him sink or swim

We need to spread out more. Im not an Xs and Os guy but when we spread out we have success. Wouldn't it make sense to put more WRS on the field and spread out the defense? Wouldn't it make it less congested for Zeke, forcing the defense to spread out with us? Run 10 formation early and often. Our TES arent great anyways.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We need to spread out more. Im not an Xs and Os guy but when we spread out we have success. Wouldn't it make sense to put more WRS on the field and spread out the defense? Wouldn't it make it less congested for Zeke, forcing the defense to spread out with us? Run 10 formation early and often. Our TES arent great anyways.
Pretty solid strat for someone that's not an Xs an Os guy. Call Scott.

Reactions: CWR

GMO415

Reaction score
I seriously doubt if he was doing his own thing as a rookie......I Don't picture him as a Payton Manning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what would happen if Dak stopped listening to the idiocy/coaching/noise/whatever you want to call it in his ear and just started doing his own thing like in his rookie season?

Thoughts?

As mentioned elsewhere, Romo started ignoring the coaches and it worked out pretty well for him.

I'll say it once more, when Dak was playing wide open in his rookie season before the "dumbing down" effect started, he was decisive, care free, and effective.

Will it take him taking a bold step in defining his career (just like Romo did) to save it?

Romo being given the freedom to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage isn't ignoring coaches. That's what good QBs do.