CFZ What Would You Have Done at WR?

817Gill

Reaction score
Excellent...get the true value of CeeDee. From your perspective the Amari move makes sense on a few different levels.
Yeah I think it was just a complicated arrangement and I can’t blame the FO for going Gallup&Lamb. Though like others suggested I would’ve liked to have a Jarvis or someone more reliable brought in than Washington.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And you think Gallup has shown up in big games more than Coop?

Coop was released because he hurt Jerry's feelings ...... not for any other nonsense that they made up after the fact.
Its been reported the team wanted to go into a different direction. When the hell has Jerry traded someone who hurt his feelings? Cut it out lol. That's not even Jerry's MO.

And I don't think Gallup has shown up more than Coop but Gallup isn't the ones who heart is in question. Two teams have questioned Coop's heart.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cutting DLaw destroys our cap next year. He is here at least one more year.

I havent looked in a while i thoufht we saved money next year but maybe you are right. Either way they coukd have made it work if they wanted too.

stiletto

Reaction score
If jones did it right he would sign a pro bowl dt or guard. Maybe a pass rusher.

cooper just wasn’t worth the money buddy. Have to make tough decisions.

Cleveland restructured him to 16 mil cap, Jerruh could've done that. They just didn't like Cooper. It is what it is..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wow ........ Did you just start watching the Cowboys?

Multiple coaches, media men, and players have been fired for hurting Jerry or his son's feelings.

Starting with Jimmy Johnson and the latest is Cooper
Don't do that. That's not what I said. What I said was when has Jerry traded someone because they hurt his feelings? Then you proceeded to list Jimmy Johnson and Amari Cooper. Back your claim up..did I just start watching the Cowboys? Alright. For arguments sake? I did. Now tell me when has that happened?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Don't do that. That's not what I said. What I said was when has Jerry traded someone because they hurt his feelings? Then you proceeded to list Jimmy Johnson and Amari Cooper. Back your claim up..did I just start watching the Cowboys? Alright. For arguments sake? I did. Now tell me when has that happened?

Jeebus

He fired Jimmy Johnson because he made a toast and Jimmy ignored him.

He traded Cooper because he questioned the front office decisions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jeebus

He fired Jimmy Johnson because he made a toast and Jimmy ignored him.

He traded Cooper because he questioned the front office decisions.
Are you going to answer the question or not? I'm being patient but you're either being obtuse or slow? You don't strike man as the trolling type so I don't know what the confusion is for you? Jimmy was a damn coach and wasn't traded so why do you keep listing him?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Are you going to answer the question or not? I'm being patient but you're either being obtuse or slow? You don't strike man as the trolling type so I don't know what the confusion is for you? Jimmy was a damn coach and wasn't traded so why do you keep listing him?
Why are you having such a hard time understanding?

Jeebus .... I said Jerry gets rid of people who hurt his feelings ....... If you are not able to understand something that simple then stop asking me the question.
Jeebus ...... These new fans do not even know the history.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why are you having such a hard time understanding?

Jeebus .... I said Jerry gets rid of people who hurt his feelings ....... If you are not able to understand something that simple then stop asking me the question.
Jeebus ...... These new fans do not even know the history.
So in 26 years......he's gotten rid of 2 guys.....damn. I feel sorry for some of y'all because I'm pretty sure some of y'all over 60 and still trying to "troll". Its sad.

stiletto

Reaction score
So in 26 years......he's gotten rid of 2 guys.....damn. I feel sorry for some of y'all because I'm pretty sure some of y'all over 60 and still trying to "troll". Its sad.

I didn't know they still made people that defend Jerry or Stephen. Interesting..!

Reactions: BAT

Toro9

Reaction score
Heh, okay, I'll play.

Kept Amari, re-signed Wilson, let Gallup test the market, drafted one in the 4th or 5th.

exciter

Reaction score
L
I’ve seen some outlandish reasoning for why the team should have kept the 3 WR’s together. Not sure if we understand how people build rosters but there’s no such thing as paying big deals to 3 WR’s. That just an insane way to allocate your cap funds.

Yes the vaccine and heart/passion issues were thrown around for Coop, but those were more as pros and cons for which WR to keep. The decision to only pay 2 guys moving forward was obvious, they just had to decide who.

The hope is Gallup is a good WR2 at half the cost of Cooper and Lamb steps into the WR1 role and gets the big bucks.

I’m not saying that will happen but the plan wasn’t crazy. Cooper playing well has nothing to do with it, we didn’t trade him due to not being able to play well.

You can’t keep all three once they get off rookie deals and you can’t pay two number 1’s (poor roster management) so you have only two options. A) Cooper and Gallup or B) Lamb and Gallup. Team chose B and it’s not an illogical one. Lamb is younger and was drafted by them. Coop is good but you know his highs. Lamb has the upside to maybe be more so they bet on that.

I know some (most) of us are prisoners of the moment so Coop’s stock is sky high right now while Lamb’s may not be. But by stepping back and looking at the two options outlined in the previous paragraph, what would y’all have done?

I think it was completely logical to bet on Ceedee your first round pick as we know what we have in Cooper.
Lamb hasn’t gotten a 2nd contract and it’s progressively looking like he shouldn’t. They got Gallup for around half what it would have been if he didn’t tear the ACL. Can’t move on from Cooper until you have something that can reasonably replace him… they don’t… and didn’t do much to rectify the issue. They’re now pigeon holed into having to take most likely reaching for one in the first two rounds of the draft!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't know they still made people that defend Jerry or Stephen. Interesting..!
I know you won't answer but please show me where I defended them? And I wouldn't be so quick to jump on those people that do because you support this team and are just as much part of the problem.