What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I believe Jerry is already all in on Dak. I think he’s concerned the media will stop talking about his team and he likes the chatter about the contract. I think fans expecting and wanting him to not extend the contract are in for a wake up call.

I think Jerry’s biggest opponent now is the fans and media and he’s fighting that battle year round. Football is in many ways secondary and I think the offseason is an indicator of that.
Not the first time i've heard that theory so maybe it has some legs to it, but I just don't fully understand it. Did the national media not talk about the Cowboys last year because Dak didn't have a pending contract extension? They still were the lead topic on almost every sports show. There is always something for the media to talk about in relation to the Cowboys, and if there isn't they'll dig something up lol.

If this theory is true then get ready to never compete for a super bowl ever again as it pretty much confirms that winning doesn't matter to the Jones boys.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You’re posting your negativity here daily who are you trying to fool? Yourself?
Tell you what, you post my posts from the last week as poll questions. Let our fellow fans vote whether they are negative. I'm guessing the results will show others understand the true meaning of words and don't just label posts or people in an attempt to deflect just because of differing opinions like you do.

Couldn't help but notice that you didn't answer my question to you.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
BH, Dandy Don Meredith was nothing like the QB Dak is. During his career, Don Meredith had a 50.7% completion rate, throwing for 17,199 yards and 135 touchdowns, 111 INTs, 135 TDs with a lifetime passer rating of 74.8. Whether regular season or playoffs, Dak is a way better passer and about to break all Cowboys franchise QB passing records.
By that logic all modern QB's are better than earlier era's. It's very simply due to changes within the game, not individual talent. You can't just compare numbers across era's.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd be pretty shocked and honestly disappointed. I don't mean that in an anti Dak way either, but if the intent has been to resign Dak before the season all along then it should have happened in March. I don't see any advantage to this team stringing this out until August other than using the cap situation as an excuse to sit out free agency.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure the Cowboys are still as popular as before.
I think Jerry is in for a shock, and there's nothing he will be able to do to fix it.
I really think that watching Dak choke last season in the playoffs once again has ended the Cowboys popularity.
I know that I don't really care what happens to them anymore because Jerry shoved Garrett down our throats for 13 years and now Dak for 7, not caring what the fans thought.
Unfortunately for Cowboys detractors their popularity will remain with top revenue for the mere fact haters watch them more than supporters.

That’s all Jethro ultimately cares about. And why when 40,000 opposing fans show up at the stadium , all he sees is green$$$.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
I KNEW IT, the tough guy stance meant nothing as usual

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My reaction would be.......not surprised. It makes NO sense to let a bunch of starters and contributors walk out the door and not replace them. It makes no sense to keep 95% of the coaching staff on a 1yr deal. It makes no sense not to sign any significant FAs. After all that, turn around and lock up your 9th year QB to the richest contract ever given to an NFL player. Especially after penny pinching at every chance they get. Yep, not surprised.
Makes no sense to tie up how much of your salary on one person

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. He clearly said what he was all in on. Signing certain players on his team. He's clearly not trying to win a SB. We can see that from the off seasons going back to 2016. He just wants a playoff team. He couldn't care less about winning a SB.
That’s what I’m saying. Being “ all in “ to him doesn’t mean a SB contender. It means staying “relevant and interesting “ or “ hanging on the rim “. Does Jethro see Dak as enough to provide that?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is what I expect to happen so my reaction is, why did the Cowboys wait so long to resign him?

It literally has cost them millions of extra dollars by waiting. So dumb. The Cowboys continue to fumble the Dak contract situation since 2019.
You're right I feel they just like doing this, they say they don't want to over spend but end up doing it eventually. Such a poor way to run a team

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're right I feel they just like doing this, they say they don't want to over spend but end up doing it eventually. Such a poor way to run a team
Yep, it’s all about public perception. Say one thing and do another . Much like our elected officials do.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I fully expect him to be signed again by the Jones boys. It would be very disappointing on 2 fronts for me, 1. I think we should move on first and foremost. 2. If we were going to resign him, it should have been done before FA to free up money to guy get players to help miminize the impact of him during the playoffs. Our best chance is to take the ball out of his hand. Strong D and Stong Run game are our only chances and we need more players to make that happen.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I fully expect him to be signed again by the Jones boys. It would be very disappointing on 2 fronts for me, 1. I think we should move on first and foremost. 2. If we were going to resign him, it should have been done before FA to free up money to guy get players to help miminize the impact of him during the playoffs. Our best chance is to take the ball out of his hand. Strong D and Stong Run game are our only chances and we need more players to make that happen.
Agree completely. If they are ready to move on then fine, I can understand the logic there. If they signed him before free agency to free up cap space, I can understand the logic there. If they wanted to wait until after the season to evaluate Dak and even Lance another year, I dont agree because its a major risk, but I at least understand the logic there.

What I don't understand is electing to delay resigning Dak but still doing it before the season starts. That is the one scenario that tells me that the Jones boys have no plan that actually leads to more wins.

pitt33

Reaction score
My reaction?

Dissatisfied.

Disappointed.

Apathetic.

Just a real shame because this FO has no clue how to build a championship roster with signings like that. And it will prove that they never will.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s what I’m saying. Being “ all in “ to him doesn’t mean a SB contender. It means staying “relevant and interesting “ or “ hanging on the rim “. Does Jethro see Dak as enough to provide that?
This is YOU hoping the above is true.
Wake up it's NOT!!!

Dak is Road-Kill come next offseason!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As long as the deal is structured in such a way that it allows the Cowboys to get Micah and CeeDee done under the camp over the next couple of years I would be fine with it. My sadistic side would laugh at all the "let him walk" or "cut him now" crowd but it would be more of a snicker than a belly laugh.. cause you know.. I'm not that cruel.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is Road-Kill come next offseason!
For your sake, I hope Jerry Jones does not do a Jerry Jones because words never truly disappear on the internet. On the other hand, the same may be true for others believing Jones will (eventually) take atypical action as well.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
949.jpg