What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For your sake, I hope Jerry Jones does not do a Jerry Jones because words never truly disappear on the internet. On the other hand, the same may be true for others believing Jones will (eventually) take atypical action as well.
LOL, you gotta be joking here right?
Do you think my life is going to change if Jerry extends Prestrash?
I care ZERO what opinion the Dak lovers here have for me.............ZERO!
That is all for now.....................
P.S. I will be missed more than you would like to know.......................:cool:

Brax

Reaction score
I have never seen a pro sports franchise so comfortable with throwing whole seasons away with All Pros and future HOFers on their roster. The Jones boys’ comfort with playoff failure without making substantive changes at the top is absolutely mind numbing.
A lot of the negativity goes away when you win something important, after 29 years you would think something would click in Jerry’s mind

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For your sake, I hope Jerry Jones does not do a Jerry Jones because words never truly disappear on the internet. On the other hand, the same may be true for others believing Jones will (eventually) take atypical action as well.
Well if nothing else it would clean out some of these fans ( I guess we call them fans) who have vowed to not come back on this forum if he’s resigned.

For me it doesn’t matter cause I’ve lost hope with Jethro & Son regardless. I’m thinking this is about as good as it gets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A lot of the negativity goes away when you win something important, after 29 years you would think something would click in Jerry’s mind
I think he already knows but not willing to step away.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as the deal is structured in such a way that it allows the Cowboys to get Micah and CeeDee done under the camp over the next couple of years I would be fine with it. My sadistic side would laugh at all the "let him walk" or "cut him now" crowd but it would be more of a snicker than a belly laugh.. cause you know.. I'm not that cruel.
Keep Dreaming man ...............ya man dream of the triple crown of do-nothing players vs real teams!!!
GL with that!!!

Brax

Reaction score
I think he already knows but not willing to step away.
I don’t think he knows it, in his mind every team is a championship contender and he’s it’s just bad luck. He believes he is the best Football guy in the world and nobody will convince him otherwise

Brax

Reaction score
As long as the deal is structured in such a way that it allows the Cowboys to get Micah and CeeDee done under the camp over the next couple of years I would be fine with it. My sadistic side would laugh at all the "let him walk" or "cut him now" crowd but it would be more of a snicker than a belly laugh.. cause you know.. I'm not that cruel.
The only cruelty is resigning him and suffering for years to come

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
They didn't spend to fix the big holes at RB and DT this year. Wasted year.

How does it make sense to extend Dak to top money when we've already wasted the year?
^^^^This. Dak really cannot play any better in the regular season than he did last year. I know who Dak is and who he is not. And he cannot win 4 postseason games for you. 1....maybe 2...but not 3 or 4. So have a run game so you don't get in a shootout or to prevent falling way behind quick. And have a defense that can prevent the other teams from running it down our throats if they feel like it. If you don't get that addressed....it won't matter who you put at QB unless its Patrick Mahomes

Brax

Reaction score
Keep Dreaming man ...............ya man dream of the triple crown of do-nothing players vs real teams!!!
GL with that!!!
Triple Crown, almost MVP, almost NFL record almost got the ball snapped as time expired, see the triple crown is possible

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I would be very surprised because it would be foolish of Dak to sign now. The reason franchise QBs almost never even get to their final year is because they have no reason to resign when facing eminent free agency and the biggest bank possible.
  1. The franchise QB is almost always going to have the biggest salary he has ever had in the final year of his contract because they are all backloaded.
  2. Even if the franchise QB wants to stay with his current team, free agency guarantees the biggest offer the team can afford.
Some QBs might sign to avoid the risk of being traded and all that might imply or to avoid being tagged. But when the QB cannot be traded or franchised, he is a foolish homer to not play out that huge final pay for play year and become a free agent and see and show how the market values him.
It still boggles my mind that there are fans that don't understand the pickle the Cowboys are in. But I guess that is why Jerry has the highest valued franchise in all of sports...he can do whatever he wants and fans either don't understand what is going on or don't care!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’re going to find out in the next couple months which fans have better instincts to what our owner is going to do.

While I’ve thought all along he’d eventually sign him, I do think it needs to be done before season begins. I’m not one who believes he needs to prove to this ownership to get another deal.

I’d say if it’s not done before season begins, Dak is done in Dallas regardless what happens this season.

It would be so fitting and typical that he’d have more success this season then snub our owner in FA. Lol

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
They are making Dak wait so they don't have to pay CD this year. CD will be the priority next year so Micha will have to wait.

Stephen Jones is playing games.
You could be on to something. But CD could also decide to sit out...which will impact Daks performance and thus the entire teams performance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t think he knows it, in his mind every team is a championship contender and he’s it’s just bad luck. He believes he is the best Football guy in the world and nobody will convince him otherwise
Naaa, he’s already admitted he’d of fired a GM with his record.
He just wants to be the guy. And willing to go down with the ship.

Brax

Reaction score
You could be on to something. But CD could also decide to sit out...which will impact Daks performance and thus the entire teams performance
He may but he will play the season it’s to costly and loss of accrued time next year maybe

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, you gotta be joking here right?
Do you think my life is going to change if Jerry extends Prestrash?
I care ZERO what opinion the Dak lovers here have for me.............ZERO!
That is all for now.....................
P.S. I will be missed more than you would like to know.......................:cool:
Joking? lol.

1. How your life may or may not change is irrelevant
2. Your opinion of other members and their opinion of you is irrelevant
3. Whether you or any other member is missed after leaving the site is irrelevant

My sole observation was that you have stated a personal opinion and 100% emphasizing that it is fact before it has become reality. That's cool.

However, what you say is fact will not disappear if your opinion is eventually proven true or false. Thus, the hypothetical question presents itself: "What will you say to other members if reality proves to be the latter?"

Every human being has been proven wrong during their lives. Heck. I have a list of being wrong. :muttley:That said, every person does not own up to being wrong--even whenever their past words are presented to them.

Jerry Jones will take action concerning Dak Prescott's future with the franchise. What that specific action shall be is the $64,000 question.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
My reaction? Surprised.

JJ finally realized the truth about Dak in the historic and embarrassing playoff loss. The bungled contract situation meant Dallas would be stuck with Dak for another season. Don't believe that there hasn't been contract discussion between the parties. They are far apart, and both sides see the writing on the wall.

For better or worse, the end is near. (absent real playoff success). I'll be shocked if Dak is re-signed.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joking? lol.

1. How your life may or may not change is irrelevant
2. Your opinion of other members and their opinion of you is irrelevant
3. Whether you or any other member is missed after leaving the site is irrelevant

My sole observation was that you have stated a personal opinion and 100% emphasizing that it is fact before it has become reality. That's cool.

However, what you say is fact will not disappear if your opinion is eventually proven true or false. Thus, the hypothetical question presents itself: "What will you say to other members if reality proves to be the latter?"

Every human being has been proven wrong during their lives. Heck. I have a list of being wrong. :muttley:That said, every person does not own up to being wrong--even whenever their past words are presented to them.

Jerry Jones will take action concerning Dak Prescott's future with the franchise. What that specific action shall be is the $64,000 question.
I have broken my policy of conversing with Mods as it's NOT an equal playing field.
Think you have a problem with me not caring what I have predicted and I stand by it 100%.
If I'm ok with it why should anyone else care?
One more time.........for the record.
DAK IS ROAD KILL AND NO LONGER A COWBOY COME NEXT SEASON!!!!