Whataburger

Big D

Reaction score
Dude! That's the one I go to! LOL It's Camarillo/Lankershim

That's right down the street from my house!!

You in the Toluca Lake/North Hollywood area?

I've been in ABQ for a couple of years now but I used to stay on tujunga and morrison across the street from the park.

diefree666

Reaction score
it all depends on how good the manager is. I think the best run ones I have been to the tasty edge goes overall to Whataburger but the gap is pretty close and that is just what tastes great to me.

There is a small burger joint in Tooele Ut called Dairy Delight that has FANTASTIC massive burgers (we are talking plate sized burgers) and have been doing it the same way for over 40 years and into their third generation of the same family running them. So burgers are truly in the eyes of the beholder.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It has to be Habit, never heard of the other. It is pretty decent, reminds me of Culvers or Freddy's back in Texas.

We just got a Culvers here in Boise. It was solid. I liked the burger and fries. Well, the fries were a bit overcooked but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt since it was new and I'm sure they're working the kinks out.

Freddys is here too and I'm torn. Its not too bad, though to be fair, it has been awhile since I've revisited the place.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We just got a Culvers here in Boise. It was solid. I liked the burger and fries. Well, the fries were a bit overcooked but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt since it was new and I'm sure they're working the kinks out.

Freddys is here too and I'm torn. Its not too bad, though to be fair, it has been awhile since I've revisited the place.

Give me a Culvers burger and Freddys fries and I am a happy camper :cool:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dude! That's the one I go to! LOL It's Camarillo/Lankershim

That's right down the street from my house!!

You in the Toluca Lake/North Hollywood area?

No wonder there is a nasty stench every time I pass by there. :muttley:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I want to try Whataburger so bad now, but I'm afraid the hype will let me down.

It's a different burger from most. They have patties similar to say McDonald's, but much much wider and I think a bit better quality. McDonald's burger are like Tyrion compared to Jamie being Whataburger.

I don't know for sure, but I believe they also sprinkle seasoning salt on their burgers which gives them a much better flavor.

Don't forget to try the spicy ketchup! I believe they make it with roasted red bell peppers which if you've ever had spaghetti made with roasted red pepper. It makes a HUGE difference in flavor.

When you finally make it to one. Just go in and order a burger and try it without expectations. You without question will know it's a far better burger than your average joint.

Their fries are very similar to McDonald's too (shoestring fries) which I prefer also.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It's a different burger from most. They have patties similar to say McDonalds, but much much wider and I think a bit better quality. McDonald's burger are like Tyrion compared to Jamie being Whataburger.

I don't know for sure, but I believe they also sprinkle seasoning salt on their burgers which gives them a much better flavor.

Don't forget to try the spicy ketchup! I believe they make it with roasted red bell peppers which if you've ever had spaghetti made with roasted red pepper. It makes a HUGE difference in flavor.

Is Whataburger fast food?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Is Whataburger fast food?

rofl that's a trick question! Yes, it's like McDonald's, but when I left Texas back in 2005. Fast was not a word I was describe their process. hah You order at McDonald's and you get your meal in 3 minutes. Whataburger was like 15 minutes later rofl.

Not sure if that has changed in the 12 years since I moved away.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
rofl that's a trick question! Yes, it's like McDonald's, but when I left Texas back in 2005. Fast was not a word I was describe their process. hah You order at McDonald's and you get your meal in 3 minutes. Whataburger was like 15 minutes later rofl.

Not sure if that has changed in the 12 years since I moved away.
It's fast food. 15 minutes is fast food, Sammy