Whataburger

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
There is a place here in Florida that the bar people surround after they close. Krystals. I went by there once and have never been able to figure out the obsession was. They were mushy little snacker type burgers. Never again...

Krystals has been around forever and is a carbon copy of White Castle. They've got almost exact menus. Both were formed during the Depression as an economical way to sell fast food and White Castle is supposedly the first ever fast food chain. Neither are great burgers both both serve a purpose for late night hammered feeding on the cheap. Last time I was at one burgers were $0.80 and you could soak up lots of alcohol with $5.00.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Krystals?

I remember this Crystals!

o.jpg

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I ate at one in Houston a couple years ago. It was pretty good but nothing to write home about imo.

Duane

Reaction score
Tried In N Out the first day I moved to Texas. Underwhelming. Whataburger all the way ever since.

Whataburger basic burgers had me at 50/50 with Wendy's for fast food burgers but the Sweet and Spicy Bacon Burger is the greatest of all time. Actually wrote to corporate demanding it go on the permanent menu instead of a seasonal specialty burger and now it's there...so...you're welcome 'merica. It was all me ;). Monterrey Melt, Green Chile Double, Chophouse Cheddar are great too, but once the S&S became an everyday menu item it has ruined me for all other fast food burgers. An In N Out burger is basically the kids menu burger at Whataburger.
Also, confirming earlier comments, Whataburger spicy ketchup is fantastic. Not a ketchup guy but stockpile that shtuff! :thumbup:
Also also, bacon and bell peppers and jalapeños for fixin's at Whataburger vs thousand island slop at N Out. :thumbup:
Also also also, Whataburger Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuit w/ Sausage is the best breakfast sandwich at any fast food place. :thumbup:
The only thing I hate about the Sweet and Spicy Bacon Burger is that it kicked the A-1 Burger off the menu.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Tried In N Out the first day I moved to Texas. Underwhelming. Whataburger all the way ever since.

Whataburger basic burgers had me at 50/50 with Wendy's for fast food burgers but the Sweet and Spicy Bacon Burger is the greatest of all time. Actually wrote to corporate demanding it go on the permanent menu instead of a seasonal specialty burger and now it's there...so...you're welcome 'merica. It was all me ;). Monterrey Melt, Green Chile Double, Chophouse Cheddar are great too, but once the S&S became an everyday menu item it has ruined me for all other fast food burgers. An In N Out burger is basically the kids menu burger at Whataburger.
Also, confirming earlier comments, Whataburger spicy ketchup is fantastic. Not a ketchup guy but stockpile that shtuff! :thumbup:
Also also, bacon and bell peppers and jalapeños for fixin's at Whataburger vs thousand island slop at N Out. :thumbup:
Also also also, Whataburger Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuit w/ Sausage is the best breakfast sandwich at any fast food place. :thumbup:
An In N Out 4x4 animal style with raw onion and animal fry is hardly kids menu lol :thumbup:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Finally tried White Castle today in Chicago. It did not live up to expectations :muttley:

Wasn't bad or anything just nothing special.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Wendy's has awesome burgers, Sam.

Their triple cheeseburger and their baconator is of bounds

I enjoy Wendy's burgers, their spicy chicken nuggets and think that their chili is good for it being fast food.

My favorite non fast food burger is Red Robin.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Had some Whataburger for lunch today. It had been a while since I last paid them a visit.

I like that HEB sells Whataburger condiments. I can make a nice thick burger at home and enjoy the Whataburger mustard and ketchup.