What's for supper?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Not for Big Star, I got the feeling that cup o noodles was just the vehicle for carrying the Slim Jims. And I like that chunks of Slim Jims, that's the manly portion. No dicing or slicing for Big Star.

My boss, also a bud, and I drove from Portland to Seattle in the winter one time and decided to go snack-a-rama on the way and bought a 6 pack of tallboys, some pickled eggs, pork skins and Slim Jims. Well, all that began to percolate in our stomachs and build up gas that could wipe out a small island. I looked over as the odor, unlike anything I'd smelled before except maybe the combination of a paper mill and Sulphur pit, and could swear I saw a mushroom shaped cloud rising from his seat. We had to pull over and get out of the car and our eyes were burning. We couldn't even laugh at our own farts, a true crime, for fear of taking too deep a breath and passing out. We drove the rest of the way with the windows down and it was in the 30's. If we'd had a gun, the authorities would have ruled it a justifiable murder/suicide.
The manly chunking of slim jims lol..you're funny couch...yeah I could wreck a bathroom in my teens/20s. For a period I was staying with 3 other guys in a flop house..1 bathroom. A night of hard liqour, then McD's breafast..around 2PM everyone was ready to blow. You better not be 4th in line...:omg:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I need to figure out what in my diet has been causing me to wake myself up 4 or 5 times a night lately. It's horrendous. Even decided to buy Febreeze to spray in the seat of my truck.

I assume it's the Fiber One snacks, but I'm 55 years old, and I need my fiber.

Try 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with bananas, blueberries, walnuts, no more than a tablespoon of brown sugar (I’m down to half,) and cinnamon. After eating this about a week you will see your stomach go down, might lose one notch on the belt.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Try 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with bananas, blueberries, walnuts, no more than a tablespoon of brown sugar (I’m down to half,) and cinnamon. After eating this about a week you will see your stomach go down, might lose one notch on the belt.
You mean eating ONLY that, 3 meals a day?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Not for Big Star, I got the feeling that cup o noodles was just the vehicle for carrying the Slim Jims. And I like that chunks of Slim Jims, that's the manly portion. No dicing or slicing for Big Star.

My boss, also a bud, and I drove from Portland to Seattle in the winter one time and decided to go snack-a-rama on the way and bought a 6 pack of tallboys, some pickled eggs, pork skins and Slim Jims. Well, all that began to percolate in our stomachs and build up gas that could wipe out a small island. I looked over as the odor, unlike anything I'd smelled before except maybe the combination of a paper mill and Sulphur pit, and could swear I saw a mushroom shaped cloud rising from his seat. We had to pull over and get out of the car and our eyes were burning. We couldn't even laugh at our own farts, a true crime, for fear of taking too deep a breath and passing out. We drove the rest of the way with the windows down and it was in the 30's. If we'd had a gun, the authorities would have ruled it a justifiable murder/suicide.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No just for breakfast. I tried it with raw honey but the honey stuck to me more than just brown sugar.
I was eating oatmeal for breakfast for a while, but it gets really old for me. I still have some in the cupboard, maybe I should get back to it for a while.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
We decided to go...

Ribeye bone in with Blue cheese and Rosemary.
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRe5eL5VJ-l9n_Z0bwgp3CyJpu9MArcMYY3Hr--suJ0c_4eMqhP Cheese and Parmesan spaghetti Squash.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQyKWOgehd2TX2rOlOlNSMOlWZSMzox0H84WDOGH7zpJYiIKyyt simple pound cake....
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRkA158BfELFf7wKN8xMFvPqBc58_GZh1WKfRLewRHUdBbAMP78

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I was eating oatmeal for breakfast for a while, but it gets really old for me. I still have some in the cupboard, maybe I should get back to it for a while.

I hear that. Gotta dress it up with fruits and nuts. I took a break from it myself and always do from time to time, But it’s tried and true.

The secret to good oatmeal is to get the water boiling before adding the oatmeal, then reduce it to a medium high heat and only cook it for 4 minutes.. Just be ready to stir it up because it will bubble over in about 5 seconds...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to figure out what in my diet has been causing me to wake myself up 4 or 5 times a night lately. It's horrendous. Even decided to buy Febreeze to spray in the seat of my truck.

I assume it's the Fiber One snacks, but I'm 55 years old, and I need my fiber.
The time of the night when you eat has as much to do with it as what you eat. I eat too late most of the time, between 8-9 and when I go to bed, my digestive system isn't ready. The ideal is to find the sweet spot where you can eat early enough but not too early that you're hungry at bedtime.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The time of the night when you eat has as much to do with it as what you eat. I eat too late most of the time, between 8-9 and when I go to bed, my digestive system isn't ready. The ideal is to find the sweet spot where you can eat early enough but not too early that you're hungry at bedtime.
I usually get home around 5, then go to bed between 7:30 and 9, so I don't have much of a window. It's not something that was ever an issue until recently, so I'm pretty sure it's the Fiber One snacks. I have to experiment and see which one, or combination is the culprit.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Me and some friends piled up in a van and drove to a flag football tournament in Dallas Texas, from OKC. We made the mistake of mixing tuna fish sandwiches with tons of nacho cheese Doritos. Some of those smells were truly unearthly. :laugh::laugh:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSSiLCJtZJ8LSJ2HT-naXMOkHVvSrVOjtksZ35e_G3dsaLqOLZA Shrimp Tacos with buffalo Sause. Beans and white rice.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS-1H7j8U2Iy5y2RWJxMG_xrN7fFQ5UvnFSugO9r8xGuP-CFV_- Watermelon Tea...;) If you want to add extra that's on you. It's a week night.:laugh:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTe4YNNW9szqR5obLz5tUWkRh0wbs4xh28DNGHZYZ6BGg-3kJMf Turkey Chilli with white beans. Being lazy

today. Tuesday treat.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRfvkIb4PkOBvmIvei9xVBRz2cnG1_qeq1uypf66dA3xGT5H9ETDirt Cake.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQyJztcZGZUiDNAwjR9800CGNhXWBqcd-e5gWuPKPMQpWUDvD5U
Sweet tea....