What's for supper?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It wasn't bad. Any kind of Italian sandwich is big in my house. Meatball, muffuletta, roasted pork, and Italian beef are mainstays.
Italian sausage is one of my favorites. I had kielbasa for dinner. Most kielbasa has an overwhelming aftertaste, and I can only eat a few bites before I have to have a taste of something else, but I found a brand that's so good, I have to force myself not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tonight, going simple.......

Salisbury cubed steaks in the crockpot served over egg noodles :thumbup:

yimyammer

Reaction score
This---->

ABSOLUTELY hooked on this dish and eat it every chance I get. I use a cast iron pan for the steak. The potatoes are the best I've ever had and the horseradish sauce is amazing

Tip: if you decide to make this, get real horseradish root and grind it yourself. Canned horseradish is dog **** compared to the real McCoy

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Italian sausage is one of my favorites. I had kielbasa for dinner. Most kielbasa has an overwhelming aftertaste, and I can only eat a few bites before I have to have a taste of something else, but I found a brand that's so good, I have to force myself not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.
Well, Mr. Selfish, just keep the name to yourself.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This---->

ABSOLUTELY hooked on this dish and eat it every chance I get. I use a cast iron pan for the steak. The potatoes are the best I've ever had and the horseradish sauce is amazing

Tip: if you decide to make this, get real horseradish root and grind it yourself. Canned horseradish is dog **** compared to the real McCoy
Agree with the horseradish but it is always best to sample it before progressing with any sauce because it's like onion, some are really hot while others are not.

I don't like that guy. Seems like a nice enough fellow but I prefer my cooks/chefs to be more well rounded. I really enjoyed watching Emeril plump up and thought Rachel Ray might go the way of that Aunt in Harry Potter. I liked Alton Brown before he lost those 50 lbs. A fat cook is a happy cook. Saw Paul Prudhomme at a book signing in NO back in the 80's and he was too fat to walk, had to get around on a cart. Loooooovvvvveeeeed him. When we got home, my wife threw all the butter in the trash. Wow, he was Paul the Hut.

However, the exception to this is Steve Raichlen, the Project Fire/Smoke guy and the Godfather of Grilling. He's proof that grilling and smoking will keep you trim. It's the coming back inside that gets me in trouble. I am just looking to get in trouble.

I am going to give those potatoes a shot, looks great. I have done some hasselbacks and with flavored butter and sour cream, they're scrumpdilliumptous.

Just kidding about the guy, he's good, has a nice vocal delivery and can play the guitar with his feet while preparing a meal with his hands.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Agree with the horseradish but it is always best to sample it before progressing with any sauce because it's like onion, some are really hot while others are not.

True, plus dont make the mistake I did the first time I ground the horseradish in my Robot coupe. I decided it would be a good idea to lean in and smell it and it about knocked me out. That stuff could be used in place of smelling salts in a pinch.

By the way, I add white wine vinegar, water and a bit of salt when I ground the horseradish root. Couldn't tell you the proportions, its all done to taste, look and feel

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Winter sausage with sour croute and Texas toast.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTxIkMDmdnAKez9W7_NFsQp5stZRAO62kRNqdwrz1M5kzWQHWwc

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQJ-zXB9OT5n_v04ok7oAAT64mCUy9Yhy0gSBzpHBdx1wrsLoot

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, plus dont make the mistake I did the first time I ground the horseradish in my Robot coupe. I decided it would be a good idea to lean in and smell it and it about knocked me out. That stuff could be used in place of smelling salts in a pinch.

By the way, I add white wine vinegar, water and a bit of salt when I ground the horseradish root. Couldn't tell you the proportions, its all done to taste, look and feel
In a pinch, I use Boar's Head and drain it and it's very consistent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winter sausage with sour croute and Texas toast.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTxIkMDmdnAKez9W7_NFsQp5stZRAO62kRNqdwrz1M5kzWQHWwc

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQJ-zXB9OT5n_v04ok7oAAT64mCUy9Yhy0gSBzpHBdx1wrsLoot
Is that the appetizer serving of sausage and kraut?

yimyammer

Reaction score
In a pinch, I use Boar's Head and drain it and it's very consistent.

have you had horseradish freshly ground from the root?

I keep trying different jars of horseradish and they're all flat as hell compared to fresh

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
have you had horseradish freshly ground from the root?

I keep trying different jars of horseradish and they're all flat as hell compared to fresh
I have and it's been hit or miss. I have found a couple of decent ones, Boars Head and Helluva aren't bad but that's mostly for Bloody Marys or cocktail sauce with other ingredients. If I am making sour cream sauce for beef or swordfish, I use the fresh grated.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't bad. Any kind of Italian sandwich is big in my house. Meatball, muffuletta, roasted pork, and Italian beef are mainstays.
Then you must try a Hot Sicilian, a sports bar.Italian rest in Harrisburg, PA, Cantone's, made this and it was one of the best sammiches I ever ate.

If you can get good Hoagie rolls it works best but a Kaiser roll will do.

Stack Ham, capicola, mortadella and pepperoni and heat that up, put that on one side of the bread and put on crisp bacon and provolone on top of that and slide that under the broiler until the other half of the bread is toasty, spread some dijon on that and dig in. Want to get fancy, use serrano ham and use both hot and sweet capicola and either skillet toasted prosciutto or pancetta instead of the bacon.

The first time I had one it was love at first bite. My mouth was crying for happy and all of those flavors came together and a little pepperoni grease dripping off is magic.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Then you must try a Hot Sicilian, a sports bar.Italian rest in Harrisburg, PA, Cantone's, made this and it was one of the best sammiches I ever ate.

If you can get good Hoagie rolls it works best but a Kaiser roll will do.

Stack Ham, capicola, mortadella and pepperoni and heat that up, put that on one side of the bread and put on crisp bacon and provolone on top of that and slide that under the broiler until the other half of the bread is toasty, spread some dijon on that and dig in. Want to get fancy, use serrano ham and use both hot and sweet capicola and either skillet toasted prosciutto or pancetta instead of the bacon.

The first time I had one it was love at first bite. My mouth was crying for happy and all of those flavors came together and a little pepperoni grease dripping off is magic.

Sounds great, especially the pepperoni grease. I've never drained fat off a piece of meat in my life and if I did it was so I could saute a vegetable in said fat. I'm of the opinion that sandwiches are one of mankind's greatest inventions and should be held right there with toilet paper and weedeaters. In fact I'm whipping up some bacon, lettuce, fried tomato, and avocado sandwiches tonight. I've got a Blackstone griddle (should be mandatory for all adult males) that makes doing a pound of bacon super simple. I'll batter a few tomato slices with cornmeal and drop them in the bacon grease to brown off at the end.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Did you know today at 2:20.20secs it was 2:20.20 2/20/2020? wow!:)

anyway...Ham soup tonight

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ09pr20ruLh-KUqvGwmBiBKlww75jMOdh_1kMjmp4WAEjJfg5l Had some left over stock and its comfort food.

Snowing here.

Made some butter Rum ice cream today for desert..life is good.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRTQKi2Hk3CtHxryqqJo4eKTZnskSWpdS5a7XWgnJnVY3A2oxNK

morasp

Reaction score
Try 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with bananas, blueberries, walnuts, no more than a tablespoon of brown sugar (I’m down to half,) and cinnamon. After eating this about a week you will see your stomach go down, might lose one notch on the belt.
I have a slight variation to that. My blood sugar used to hover around 100 just below pre diabetic despite not eating any refined sugar. I started eating 1/2 cooked rolled oats, cooked millet, Ceylon cinnamon, so delicious coconut milk, and shredded coconut and my last serum glucose blood test was 89. It keeps me going until lunch.

My dinner menu:
Wild Alaskan salmon patties
oven roasted sweet potatoes with cinnamon, olive oil, and salt
green salad: romaine, cabbage, celery, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Bacon wrapped Jalapeno popper grilled cheese ….:thumbup:

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSLmR37Z4i8f9f6AHHCCVZCeFxFEUirxG3gmFpqukRTJHL0E0npDos Equis