What's Funny to me about Rush vs Prescott

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes, the team has played well enough to win despite the penalties. The defense is certainly the star of the show thus far. But Rush has led the offense to get points and that should not be underrated. Also, the style of Rush's play doesn't require the Oline to block so long, etc.. People see how it all fits together and are understandably curious why a guy in his 7th year seems to struggle so much.

If Dak was a consistently high performer (regardless of game outcome), questions wouldn't be getting asked.

Competition is good and if Dak rises to the occasion it benefits everyone. But he shouldn't just keep his job simply because he has been the starter. He needs to show he is the better player.

Fully agree but with one thing said..now Dak needs to come back and play better now, he has show he is the better QB when he plays good, he sucked in week 1 and that opens the door for some to say "See this is really who he is" when in fact he has played at a much higher level than Rush has many times over..it just doesnt fit the ABD agenda...again imagine hoping Rush is your starting QB..never want to hear anyone talk about accepting mediocre again because Rush needs to actually get to the level of middle of the pack starting QB...its incredible to even type out...You want to lower the QB portion of the cap and go defense run game...fine by me..cap is set for this season be completley stupid to leave Rush in when Dak could run this system much better and we have all seen it...so play the best QB you have on the team for this year and THEN get an upgrade during the off season or dump your QB cap hit and do whatever, FOR THIS year play Dak and use the same system and win if you can. With Defense and a run game.

starman22

Reaction score
Yep.

And it is insanely hilarious how "the same people" are repeatedly described in posts being "80% of the board" or similar nonsense, when, in reality, they represent a mere fraction of actual total members.

Sounds like a poll is in order, anyone know how to post one?

Bing

Reaction score
So this is what the cowboy fan base has come to. Arguing over Dak and Rush. Arguing over those two is like arguing over the two ugliest women in the bar at closing time when in reality you dont want to take either one of them home.

Neither QB is going to lead this team to the superbowl so it really doesn't matter which one is behind center.

Like most average QB's Dak and Rush both have issues they can't over come. Only the best QB's seem to be able to do that and we havent had a top QB in decades.

Coy

Reaction score
Dak is better, Rush has played better this year and although it's a small sample size, what happens if Rush keeps winning while playing very good, then Dak comes back and has another stinker??

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yes, the team has played well enough to win despite the penalties. The defense is certainly the star of the show thus far. But Rush has led the offense to get points and that should not be underrated. Also, the style of Rush's play doesn't require the Oline to block so long, etc.. People see how it all fits together and are understandably curious why a guy in his 7th year seems to struggle so much.

If Dak was a consistently high performer (regardless of game outcome), questions wouldn't be getting asked.

Competition is good and if Dak rises to the occasion it benefits everyone. But he shouldn't just keep his job simply because he has been the starter. He needs to show he is the better player.

No one is underrating or even bashing Rush. To say so is silly. But there are people here saying that we can replace Rush with Dak is also ridiculous. They also forget that the defense has won both games for us, as much as Rush has been a dependable backup.

I hope we start solving our offensive issues once Dak gets back. Because if we do, this team will be very hard to beat.

CWR

Reaction score
Its not the board, thank god, imagine how the already bad "Cowboy Fan" are dumb headline would be if all the fans thought Cooper Rush was a top 10 QB just wasting away on our practice sqaud and made it through what 4 or 5 waiver seasons...its the same people over and over and over again..the ABD crowd. Now its not "Bring me Rodgers or Mahomes"..."See Cooper Rush is better" This ad was brought to you by the same people who endorsed "Andy Dalton is better"....

Not the whole board, just a dozen or 2 posters who really, really hate Dak.

shabazz

Reaction score
There’s nothing more entertaining than watching both sides argue over 2 severely limited quarterbacks that both scare no defensive coordinator.

you’d literally have to join both of them and combine their better assets to form one complete great quarterback

I stand by what I’ve said ad nauseum….the next Qb that hoists a Lombardi for the Cowboys isn’t on the team yet.

ok…..continue the endless and fruitless debate. Nothing wrong with entertainment

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The team falls apart against better competition.

Some of it is Dak and a lot of it is penalties, scheme, and forgetting how to stop the run.

The simple answer is it is all Dak's fault. It isn't a simple answer.

Most people are just too stupid to understand is that most QB in the history of the NFL have loosing records against above 500 teams.

Cowboys have beaten plenty of good teams and they do it every year. They just dont have the squad to consistently beat the best teams in the NFL. Dak is actually the only thing most times that gives them a fighting chance in most of those cases.

Reactions: Ken

zerofill

Reaction score
There’s nothing more entertaining than watching both sides argue over 2 severely limited quarterbacks that both scare no defensive coordinator.

you’d literally have to join both of them and combine their better assets to form one complete great quarterback

I stand by what I’ve said ad nauseum….the next Qb that hoists a Lombardi for the Cowboys isn’t on the team yet.

ok…..continue the endless and fruitless debate. Nothing wrong with entertainment

Yep the fact is... neither of them are what we should have in Dallas.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
play Dak and use the same system and win if you can. With Defense and a run game.

First, I have long been on record that unless you have a very high level QB your chances for post season success are very slim. You will almost inevitably run up on opponent(s) that can take away a lot of what you do well. Best way to beat them is for your QB to make plays even when they aren't there.

I don't think Dak is capable of doing that & we simply don't know about Rush. So, my comments regarding who should be the QB are focused on regular season.

As a formula, I agree that a stout defense & solid run game are the best option regardless of who is at center. However, if Dak is back under center I want to be very clear on one aspect. The team could ride the defense and running game & go on a nice run (like 2016). That doesn't mean that Dak is playing great. Per my first sentence, he needs to show he can consistently perform in adverse conditions. I need to see a positive difference maker not a guy who only thrives when the deck is stacked in his favor. It's now or never.

Slick

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.
He wins better, and plays within his abilities better. He leads his receivers better too.

I'll take steady and less mistakes any day. Let's see Dak do that for a change.

KM looks like a rockstar OC, and how much was on Dak before that? Maybe let KM call the plays, and reduce some of Dak's chances to throw into coverage.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.

I would agree with the exception, Cooper get rid of the ball faster , doesn’t hang on too much.
Sample size is too small , but looks a bit better touch on the intermediate throws.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yep, if Rush loses one game watch the dak lovers come out roasting Rush. They are not Cowboys fans.

The usual dakslobbers will be the ones.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fully agree but with one thing said..now Dak needs to come back and play better now, he has show he is the better QB when he plays good, he sucked in week 1 and that opens the door for some to say "See this is really who he is" when in fact he has played at a much higher level than Rush has many times over..it just doesnt fit the ABD agenda...again imagine hoping Rush is your starting QB..never want to hear anyone talk about accepting mediocre again because Rush needs to actually get to the level of middle of the pack starting QB...its incredible to even type out...You want to lower the QB portion of the cap and go defense run game...fine by me..cap is set for this season be completley stupid to leave Rush in when Dak could run this system much better and we have all seen it...so play the best QB you have on the team for this year and THEN get an upgrade during the off season or dump your QB cap hit and do whatever, FOR THIS year play Dak and use the same system and win if you can. With Defense and a run game.
I don't mean to be a dolt here (but of course I AM....I just dont; MEAN to)..

Which games does Dak play at a "much higher level"?

I'm still processing all this and some details to flesh out your opinion will help.

On a side note...Coop is playing WAY WAY higher level than what anyone thought. IS Dak doing the same?

People can't seem to come to grips with THAT! "Oh Kellen Moore is finally calling the right plays". What?

The defense played GREAT with sacks and pressure, I'll give ya that. We played Brady pretty tight too.

I dunno....I guess I just need to shut up and watch the games and see how it goes. :)