What's Stopping Dak's Agent From Getting Him The Same Type Of Deal Again?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I like how you use Andy Dalton and Cooper Rush as your example.
Well yea, they were on the Cowboys. Half this board said over and over again how much better they would be with them than Dak.

It was stupid then, it's stupid now. Free agent quarterbacks are bad. Baker is not good and Dallas does not have the WR talent that he has to throw to.

HMJYay

Reaction score
I like how you use Andy Dalton and Cooper Rush as your example.
Andy Dalton played on a terrible team. If Dak wouldn't have got injured that year, he wouldn't have the contract he has right now. Cooper Rush went 5-1 in Dak's absence, so you're proving the point that he can be replaced quite easily. Lol

Mikexike

Reaction score
Well yea, they were on the Cowboys. Half this board said over and over again how much better they would be with them than Dak.

It was stupid then, it's stupid now. Free agent quarterbacks are bad. Baker is not good and Dallas does not have the WR talent that he has to throw to.
You are losing this debate... please go away.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
I read tonight that he has a "no trade" clause in his contract. And he also has a "no franchise tag" clause. If that is correct it is cut him or extend him. Although he is under contract the cap hit would be so big it would cripple the payroll beyond repair if he is not extended or cut.

If that is correct then Dak and his agent really took Jones and Son to the cleaners with this current contract. On top of that he probably even got more money than he deserved when he signed last time.

Please let me know if I have any/all of this wrong.

HMJYay

Reaction score
You are losing this debate... please go away.
Lol. It's funny for people to say he's better than Baker, when he's not even that. Let's ask all the Dad fans. Would you be against drafting a QB high and having a true QB competition between Dak, Lance and the new guy? Are you worried he might get replaced? Or do you just blindly want to give him the biggest QB contract ever?

HMJYay

Reaction score
I read tonight that he has a "no trade" clause in his contract. And he also has a "no franchise tag" clause. If that is correct it is cut him or extend him. Although he is under contract the cap hit would be so big it would cripple the payroll beyond repair if he is not extended or cut.

If that is correct then Dak and his agent really took Jones and Son to the cleaners with this current contract. On top of that he probably even got more money than he deserved when he signed last time.

Please let me know if I have any/all of this wrong.
They took them to the cleaners. Jerry even said it at the press conference. On top of all this, the Cowboys had options during negotiations. They could have put the tag that allows a team to give a 1st and 3rd and sign him away. They could have also put the transitional tag on him that would have cost 17 million. This would have allowed other teams to negotiate with him and the Cowboys could match or let him walk. They gave him all the leverage and then let him and his agent totally take them to the woodshed. It was and is a very bad contract. Will they learn this time?

Mikexike

Reaction score
Oh really? Good point.

The idea that the team is better with a free agent QB is stupid. You think they're better with Tannehill? lmao
Do you even watch FB? You're clearly just pulling crap out of thin air just to defend dak. Please stop with your non sense.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Oh really? Good point.

The idea that the team is better with a free agent QB is stupid. You think they're better with Tannehill? lmao
Dak and Tannehill are essentially the same QB. Both need the team to carry them. Tannehill is faster and more mobile though. The Titans were smart and drafted a QB because they see this. Will the Cowboys?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dak and Tannehill are essentially the same QB. Both need the team to carry them. Tannehill is faster and more mobile though. The Titans were smart and drafted a QB because they see this. Will the Cowboys?
LMAO

This is why you people have no credibility. Just 0 clue what you are watching.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Do you even watch FB? You're clearly just pulling crap out of thin air just to defend dak. Please stop with your non sense.
Do you actually have a point?

Do you think Ryan Tannehill is better than Dak? Which FA QB next year is an improvement?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Go get me Minshew, Cousins or Dobbs...
Lol Cousins is going to cost just as much as Dak, or close to, and is going to be 36 with LESS playoff success.

Minshew and Dobbs are...bad and career backups. It's literally the same as Rush and Dalton lol.

I can't wrap my head around how dumb this logic is.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What's in the way of it being another situation of Dak's owed so much money in his last year that the Cowboys can't afford to not extend him 4 years from now?

Do we really want to pay a 35 year old Dak 75-80 mil his final season?

Are we just going to keep extending him until he retires?

Where does it end?
Lol. He is not getting that. Last time he wanted short deal so he could come to the table again. Lmao. Well now he is at the table again and I bet he will want a retirement contract. I will take the 6 or 7 year deal please. Maybe wanting a 5.. I think there should be a black list for agents that have players hold out on shoulder surgeries for contracts or hold out 2 years early on a rookie contract. I think goodell in his kindness changes the rule after Elliot held out in (what) Cabo.. 2 years early on a rookie contract… Maybe goodell felt bad for suspending him with no evidence. I think goodell will spend the rest of career sticking it to JJ any way he can.

And I especially don’t like agents that crawfish a hand shake deal. And JJ and Daks agent had a handshake deal and they had a 4 or 5 game win streak going and he backed out of the deal they had that got him tagged. We can all go back and forth whether it was worth it or whether any QB is hamstrung by having a yes man HC that’s gonna do what and how the team is ran by JJ. The man has speed dial to the sidelines and not just the golden courtesy phone but when I saw it it had sidelines and JG on it too. Can’t help but think if Dez was not getting the ball enough he calls his yes man to adjust. If he is still doing this then no wonder we are the way we are. Sorry to vent but we all know that he is to deep into the actual game itself. Hire a HC and let him do his job.

JJ could have signed Dak before wentz got his contract and got him cheaper. But we would have had to sign him earlier again. Now at this point his agent will want biggest deal ever for a QB even if it’s just a dollar.. i wonder if after this playoff game if his agent will bend some or blame it on staff and JJ.

If we pass would another team give him a bigger deal than JJ will offer. He will pony up. He will use a scapegoat because he knows he interferes to much. If you gave him the proper staff that ran the team and stepped back could they get him over the hump..

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
They took them to the cleaners. Jerry even said it at the press conference. On top of all this, the Cowboys had options during negotiations. They could have put the tag that allows a team to give a 1st and 3rd and sign him away. They could have also put the transitional tag on him that would have cost 17 million. This would have allowed other teams to negotiate with him and the Cowboys could match or let him walk. They gave him all the leverage and then let him and his agent totally take them to the woodshed. It was and is a very bad contract. Will they learn this time?
Sadly you can easily find a lot of questionable contracts given out by the Cowboys in the past few years. I would offer Jaylon Smith, Gallup, Zeke as just a few examples to start. Now try and tell me one more time that we do not need a real GM. Tell me again that we are just fine with Jones and Son.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Don’t extend him.

Take the cap hit this year.

2-5 playoff record.

Cut your losses.

Every other NFL team does it.
If JJ hired a bellycheat and gave him the power he demanded and he said he wanted Dak would you trust bellycheat. Or any other HC that’s worth his salt. Most of them think he could win it all. Look at the HC we have had since Wade. Then JG screws Wade (who went on to win a SB. I think he had Ware on his team at the time). Then we had JG for how long. As other coaches are used as scapegoats..

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

What is stupid is your obsession with Dak . Go join his FanBoi club . Dak has tied the worst Post Season record ever . Yeah, lets pay this Turd 60$ Million a year . Smart right ?!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sadly you can easily find a lot of questionable contracts given out by the Cowboys in the past few years. I would offer Jaylon Smith, Gallup, Zeke as just a few examples to start. Now try and tell me one more time that we do not need a real GM. Tell me again that we are just fine with Jones and Son.
No. JJ is the problem. If SJ was the owner. He would hire a GM and real HC. He would do it as cheap as possible. Maybe you as HC and be as DC. But he would turn power over to where it needs to be. JJ is the problem..