When was the last time you truly felt like we had a chance to win a Super Bowl

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak wasn't even a top 3 reason we won 11 games in a row that year. Romo would of made that team so damn scary on offense. We did the league a big service by keeping a rookie QB incapable of reading a defense with a very average arm at the time in on that offense. Obviously, Dak has totally evolved into a great QB but anyone who thinks he was better then what we had on the bench in 2016 is just a pure hater of Romo.

Again i get what your saying and I do believe Romo was a better QB at that time.......I don't believe he would have made it through a game much less 5. I also dont think he deserved to be in a wheel chair after watching JGzy and Johnnie Walker wast his career. He was hurt and it had begun to happen on like every third hit......Thank god his Family talked him into retiring trust me he is happier for it now.

bigE79

Reaction score
Mine was in 06 because it was the last time we had a HC who could lead a team. That team was no where near perfect but if not for a fluke play we probably get to the SB. Now we have had some good runs since but under Garrett I never felt like he could coach anywhere on par with other coaches and sadly I feel the same way with MM.
2014...we got robbed.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I can’t really recall thinking the Cowboys didn’t have a chance. I always think they can win the super bowl. The talent has been there for the past 15 years at least.

Last year I thought the Cowboys had a really good shot. I think even more this year.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You mean bring Romo back and take out Dak after his 11 game win streak?
Daks 11 game win streak. Lol

Zeke and the otherworldly o-line play had nothing to do with that streak?

I guess this means we can pin the losses on Dak, too?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
2014 was the year IMO

Romo was playing the best ball of his career, Murray was outstanding, the oline was dominent and the defense wasn't as horrible as it is now.

Yep. I certainly wasn't overconfident but they seemed to have a legit chance against anyone. That team had a chance to overcome the lack of a HC.

2016 - Felt magical but doomed at the same time. Young QB's (rookie or not) don't generally fare well in the playoffs. If they had let Tony play, I would have had more hope. I still believe they could have used both QB's very effectively. But again, you needed a coach who had a clue.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

So I guess the question is why would you bench any of the players that where on an 11 game winning streak?

starfan1

Reaction score
I felt pretty good about 2014,2016 because of the offense. I was even optimistic in 18. But i havent felt like the 90's confident in the Garrett ,Romo ,Prescott era. I never felt like Dak was good enough and i felt like at any time Gunslinger would throw away a game trying to do to much. And even if both QB's played great there was always the garrett ,Linehan and Marinelli factor

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2017 and 2018 should have been our best chances to compete but they refused to go all in and choose to protect themselves instead. When was the last time we built a good team, then decided to add some haley type pieces to put us over the top possibly? its been since 95.

starfan1

Reaction score
2017 and 2018 should have been our best chances to compete but they refused to go all in and choose to protect themselves instead. When was the last time we built a good team, then decided to add some haley type pieces to put us over the top possibly? its been since 95.

different era. The salary cap era began in 94 and your front office better be good to do the type things your saying. And ours is not

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
different era. The salary cap era began in 94 and your front office better be good to do the type things your saying. And ours is not

Yes different era but they can always make room to sign a guy they want. It may have implications in the future and they may have to alter some things but they can do it. They can sign Gallup to an extension if they wanted too, it might be costly but it's possible without cutting cooper. We have had good teams but they have not gone for it like say the eagles have. We talk every year how they might need to cut some dead weight but all their spending did pay off 1 year and it was well worth the bloated overpriced contracts. Salary cap or no most teams can find a way to sign a player if they want to, the problem is they do not want to.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes different era but they can always make room to sign a guy they want. It may have implications in the future and they may have to alter some things but they can do it. They can sign Gallup to an extension if they wanted too, it might be costly but it's possible without cutting cooper. We have had good teams but they have not gone for it like say the eagles have. We talk every year how they might need to cut some dead weight but all their spending did pay off 1 year and it was well worth the bloated overpriced contracts. Salary cap or no most teams can find a way to sign a player if they want to, the problem is they do not want to.

I agree with most of this, its almost like they are lazy or scared, if you think you have 75% of the pieces then figure out how to add the other 25% if you miss at least you tried....again they killed themselves early on in the cap era and it has haunted them since.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

NO you are very right!! :clap:

I should have said..................."The win streak the Cowboys had with Dak at QB"? :thumbup:

Jimbo69

Reaction score
07. That was an outsider's bet that of course I took and cost me money. I continue to bet that the Boys will win a SB. However this since 07 it has been a way of testing my loyalty to the team rather than any rational belief in them winning.
I continue to feed the bookie but i doubt anything will change any time soon. However the hype over this team will will ratchet up from a MSM that needs to hype us up and posters who so easily forget the past 25 years of hell.
Still looking forward to the kick off.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. I certainly wasn't overconfident but they seemed to have a legit chance against anyone. That team had a chance to overcome the lack of a HC.

2016 - Felt magical but doomed at the same time. Young QB's (rookie or not) don't generally fare well in the playoffs. If they had let Tony play, I would have had more hope. I still believe they could have used both QB's very effectively. But again, you needed a coach who had a clue.

2016 was an incredible team. The defense was even solid. You just knew that Garrett would blow it at some point. Coaching would come into play and we would lose.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mine was in 06 because it was the last time we had a HC who could lead a team. That team was no where near perfect but if not for a fluke play we probably get to the SB. Now we have had some good runs since but under Garrett I never felt like he could coach anywhere on par with other coaches and sadly I feel the same way with MM.