When was the last time you truly felt like we had a chance to win a Super Bowl

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree with most of this, its almost like they are lazy or scared, if you think you have 75% of the pieces then figure out how to add the other 25% if you miss at least you tried....again they killed themselves early on in the cap era and it has haunted them since.

I get what Stephen is trying to do. He's trying to build and maintain for years but to win a SB in todays age you are going to have to overpay at times for that missing piece or 2. Imagine if they would have overpaid for a Gilmore type CB and or stud DT in 2017 or 2018. Our offense was pretty good but our defense needed the help.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not seen what I consider a SB caliber Cowboys team since they last won one.

They haven't had a playoff defense since then, 2014 was the closest when they were 2nd in INT's.

The only coach they've had since 95 that I thought was a playoff coach was Parcells because he would have never laid back on a playoff team like Phillips and Garrett did. They thought they'd actually accomplished something.

Mannix

Reaction score
When we locked up Home Field in 1995, I knew we would win it all....even with Barry. Haven't had that feeling since....not even close!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Mine was in 06 because it was the last time we had a HC who could lead a team. That team was no where near perfect but if not for a fluke play we probably get to the SB. Now we have had some good runs since but under Garrett I never felt like he could coach anywhere on par with other coaches and sadly I feel the same way with MM.
Back when we went 12 and 4 with Romo
And promptly crapped the bed in the playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mine was in 06 because it was the last time we had a HC who could lead a team. That team was no where near perfect but if not for a fluke play we probably get to the SB. Now we have had some good runs since but under Garrett I never felt like he could coach anywhere on par with other coaches and sadly I feel the same way with MM.
2007, and 2014

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
About the last time Abe Vigoda had a good BM.

ultron

Reaction score
2016. Dak and Zeke’s rookie year - I think they won like 11 or straight games & were the #1 seed. I think had they not spotted Rodgers and the Packers 17 points to start the game - they would’ve certainly won and been in the NFC championship game vs. that very good Falcons team that blew that massive lead in the Super Bowl.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2018-11-29-at-10.38.46-AM.png

Thanks, Jerry. At least the Cowboys are still #1 on the Forbes list. :rolleyes:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Ironically I felt that way in 2015 and 2017, both seasons where the team failed miserably. Obviously they were coming off the 2014 and 2016 seasons respectively. I still do wonder about what could have been in 2017 had Zeke not been suspended, but honestly they just weren’t good enough.

Before that, in 2006 I felt good about this team, then you have to go all the way back to 1996.

This year I do think they have a legit shot to at least get there with the weak NFC. Especially if our arch nemesis Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what Stephen is trying to do. He's trying to build and maintain for years but to win a SB in todays age you are going to have to overpay at times for that missing piece or 2. Imagine if they would have overpaid for a Gilmore type CB and or stud DT in 2017 or 2018. Our offense was pretty good but our defense needed the help.

I think we need to try having less talent because clearly having all this talent isn't working.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score