Where Did You Get Your Username?

Rocky

Reaction score
I adopted one of my dogs' name. The other one is Bridgette so that wasn't a real good option for me here. Regardless, they're both huge Cowboys fans.

phildominator

Reaction score
My name's Philip and one year, I shaved my head and my friends made fun of me because they said it looked like the tip of a _____. So combining that word with my name, people called me Phildo. Playing off of this name, I tried to re-emasculate myself and change it to phildominator.

Why do I feel emasculated again while typing this story? Haha...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Mine's kind of a long story (big surprise, eh??)... I went to college at UTEP in the very early 70s... the basketball coach there was the semi-legendary Don Haskins (so legendary, a movie about him will be released in the next few months)... his nickname, of course, was The Bear.. well, I was a gym rat, and the next best thing to a Haskins groupie... I was ALWAYS talking about the guy, to the point where it annoyed my buddies-- I was a huge hoops head back then... so they took to calling me "Bear, Jr.", thinking it would offend me...

It didn't, and the nickname stuck... fast forward a few years, to about 7 years ago when I first came online... by then, the nickname has taken on a little different connotation, as I started to LOOK a little like a bear... big chest, big neck, big arms, just a big ol' torso in general, but rather short arms and legs... throw in a beard, which makes me look a little wooly, and the picture is complete...

Only thing is, EVERY forum I went to already had a "Bear" registered... it seems to be a fairly common online nom de plume... so I took a look at my now-silver hair and beard, and thought about my allegiances to the blue and silver, and Silverbear was born... I even have vanity plates on my Cherokee that read "SVR BEAR"...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Which one in sports forms I use Kangaroo which was my highschool massacot

On online games I use Hejtmane which was a name given to johan Ziska who was a Bohemian Hussite general and was a very good one. Hejtmane translate to Captian of the people.

I always have one toon in my last 4 games named this. If you try to use one from game to game that is common it may be taken so I found that one and I have never had it taken before I started playing.

Ok now that I bored you with a history lesson have fun:p:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bought mine off of ebay. :D

Mine has nothing to do with actually paint or paint chips...it was a name I picked up long ago on a "trip". I don't go on trips anymore....heck it is rare for me to even drink a beer.

Eitherway I have had it for years along with another nickname.

So I get online years back and decide to use BrainPaint because I thought it made a good online name.

Well many people kept saying BrIan instead of Brain. So then I changed it to BrAinPaiNt so the A is emphasized...but then capitalized the N to balance it out.
Plus at the time I was dabbling in hacking some and it kind of fit.

I thought it was a very original name but apparently someone else (more then one) saw me with it and liked it, then stoled my net name to use for their site....

http://www.brainpaint.com/
Funny thing is that it used to be a graphics site and I have had people think it was mine as I dabble in photoshop and paint shop pro...but I have never had anything to do with the site...now it looks like a different type of site.

http://www.willardmountain.com/Contact.htm (notice the email address)
Once again...nothing to do with me.

I just figure someone HAD to see me over the years on the net and liked the name because it is nothing common...but I have had the name since around 1990.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I bought mine off of ebay. :D

Mine has nothing to do with actually paint or paint chips...it was a name I picked up long ago on a "trip". I don't go on trips anymore....heck it is rare for me to even drink a beer.

Eitherway I have had it for years along with another nickname.

So I get online years back and decide to use BrainPaint because I thought it made a good online name.

Well many people kept saying BrIan instead of Brain. So then I changed it to BrAinPaiNt so the A is emphasized...but then capitalized the N to balance it out.
Plus at the time I was dabbling in hacking some and it kind of fit.

I thought it was a very original name but apparently someone else (more then one) saw me with it and liked it, then stoled my net name to use for their site....

http://www.brainpaint.com/
Funny thing is that it used to be a graphics site and I have had people think it was mine as I dabble in photoshop and paint shop pro...but I have never had anything to do with the site...now it looks like a different type of site.

http://www.willardmountain.com/Contact.htm (notice the email address)
Once again...nothing to do with me.

I just figure someone HAD to see me over the years on the net and liked the name because it is nothing common...but I have had the name since around 1990.

Interesting story Brian.

:D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HipHop said:
Interesting story Brian.

:D

I was wondering who would be the first nipple head to do it....I was thinking yeagermeister :p: ;)

k19

Reaction score
Maybe I should go back to this one..........

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Wutcha think Brain?

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
My name is Dan. Everyone calls me Dan the man. I just made it all caps and one word.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
K19 said:
Maybe I should go back to this one..........

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Wutcha think Brain?

LOL....I think you might get too many excited and cause problems. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
My name is Dan. Everyone calls me Dan the man. I just made it all caps and one word.

Dan the Man Levitan....sorry just sprung into my head from the movie Good morning Viet Nam. :)

k19

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
LOL....I think you might get too many excited and cause problems. ;)

C'mon Brain its a face, get your mind out of the gutter :p:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Despite some people in chats thinking otherwise, I am not, in fact, the real Danny White. :rolleyes:

DW was the quarterback of the team back when I was an impressionable young lad, and he was my favorite player.

I chose the name not only because I think Danny is underrated in Cowboys history and I wanted to give him some respect... but also because I think the name symbolizes sticking with the team through thin and thick.

If you're a Danny White fan, then you're no fair-weather Cowboys fan. It's easy to be a Troy fan or a Roger fan... but to be a Danny fan, you have to have stuck with the team through some of it's most heart-breaking moments. That's me.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
Thats MR Nipplehead to you thank you very much

Call me naive, but I don't get it. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Is it boobies?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
Thats MR Nipplehead to you thank you very much

So why not change your username to MR Nipplehead? :p: