Where do most of you see Henson getting a new start?

illone

Reaction score
Henson is a career backup. No team is going to try to develop him into something he is not. And a starter he is not. He'll be traded around the league for 10 years and you'll probably forget about him within the next two.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
illone said:
Henson is a career backup. No team is going to try to develop him into something he is not. And a starter he is not. He'll be traded around the league for 10 years and you'll probably forget about him within the next two.

And your theory(vision?)is based on extensive analysis of..............

illone

Reaction score
thats7 said:
And your theory(vision?)is based on extensive analysis of..............

Absolutely nothing at all. It was a complete guess. I'd still put a large bundle of money on it, though.

:)

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bach said:
Lighten up. It's called, a joke.
No one is wanting any of our players to fail. I'd love if Henson would've became a star for us. But he didn't, get over it.

You should see him when you make a joke about Lenny Williams.

Its not pretty.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
illone said:
Absolutely nothing at all. It was a complete guess. I'd still put a large bundle of money on it, though.

:)

O.K. That was good. I can actually live with that. I don't agree, but that's all good. Damn you!! :eek::

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:

Taking lessons from the Midget, huh? Maybe Lil Snyder will fork over some of his cash...like around $342,988,444.00 signing bonus?

:star:

illone

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Taking lessons from the Midget, huh? Maybe Lil Snyder will fork over some of his cash...like around $342,988,444.00 signing bonus?

I'm very disappointed in you today, 5stars. You and I both know Snyder would never spend $342 Mil on Henson. Henson is FAR too good to ever become a Commander player. Plus, he's worth more than 342 mil.

Get a grip, man.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There is no hurry with Henson. He's signed and is as decent a talent for a 3rd string QB as you will find. His problem is what Parcells outlined...he thinks too much.

He is not tradeable at this point in time.

He stays a Cowboy although I feel for his lack of ability to work his way up the ladder.

A more poignant question is where would Henson like to go if he could.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
What is it that some of you folks see in Henson to lead you to believe that he is NFL QB material? He has not shown anything, or at least I haven't seen it.....have any of you?

Parcels and Jones are not fools........if they saw something in Henson to lead them to believe that Henson had a future as a starting QB here in Dallas, don't you think they would have tried to develop him further? If he was better than Romo , as some here are adament about, don't you think he would be playing ahead of him?

I don't understand you folks who say that BP doesn't like him and won't give him a chance. Or those who say that he is far better than Romo. Don't you think the coaches would play whoever gives them the better chance to win?

An no I don't take pleasure in seeing a player fail, as someone mentioned in an earlier post. But facts are that the team takes in excess of 80 players to camp, and only 53 make it. Henson is no better than any of these players who are not good enough to make it in the NFL.

His best bet in Dallas is with the Desperados.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mr Cowboy said:
What is it that some of you folks see in Henson to lead you to believe that he is NFL QB material? He has not shown anything, or at least I haven't seen it.....

Well, if you had two eyes instead of just one, you could see that he can play QB...it just takes time since he's been away for so long, and now that he's back in football, he's "thinking too much"...trying to readjust to the game...

By the way, where do you go to buy sunglasses?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Where di you see this? he's done nothing in pre-season, his limitied play in regular season or in NFLE. And now he doesn't even take the 3 string snaps. Again where have you seen it?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mr Cowboy said:
Where di you see this? he's done nothing in pre-season, his limitied play in regular season or in NFLE. And now he doesn't even take the 3 string snaps. Again where have you seen it?

If you're talking to me, I have not seen it because Parcells is not playing him. I saw some good stuff in NFLE, that's about it...

Where have you seen that he totally cannot play?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
5Stars said:
If you're talking to me, I have not seen it because Parcells is not playing him. I saw some good stuff in NFLE, that's about it...

Where have you seen that he totally cannot play?

I haven't, so I am not talking him up. The coaches have and they obviously don't like what they see.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mr Cowboy said:
I haven't, so I am not talking him up. The coaches have and they obviously don't like what they see.

Fair enough...so, if you are not "talking him up" because you have not seen him, why do you "talk down" about him...like he should play for some arena football team?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I actually don't think Henson is going anywhere just yet but if he were to be traded or released, I think GB might be a good spot for him. He has a lot of the same physical talents Favre has. Like Favre, Henson seems to do a bit better in a less structured offense. He excells when he's putting things together on the fly because I believe it is at these times he lets his talent take over. Favre is much the same in that respect.

Now, I'm not saying Henson is or even could be like Favre but I do think that type of offense would help him most.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Henson may request a trade. It wouldn't shock me if he did. He could be frustrated by what is happening around him. That's natural.

I don't think Jerry Jones would trade him off of a request. Now if a team came to Jerry making an offer that he liked, that's another story.

Mickey Spagnola and every other writer in the Dallas area has already said he won't be released. I don't know why some have to ignore that. Well, yeah I do, but I'm tired of going there.

Every speculation about what was happening at QB for this team this summer has been wrong. I have no idea why people think it is therefore conclusive what is happening with Henson. I don't know and am not afraid to admit I don't know.

I think he's got a future right here. If not, I still had a lot of fun rooting for the kid. Pity some can't say the same. ;)

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I think he's got a future right here. If not, I still had a lot of fun rooting for the kid. Pity some can't say the same.

I pretty much said this last week in one of these threads. Henson, IMO, is just being developed in the same manner that Romo was. He is at least one year behind Romo in his development. Maybe next year will be his turn to shine, and maybe he'll be 2nd string. But for some reason, some folks think that he is entitled to be given the 2 nd string job, (stonger arm, pedigree, big time footbal program, arse chin, etc.....).

What's more amazing is that because of this, many are downplaying Romo's accomplishments, and even showing hate towards him.

I am very happy that we have a good QB situation going into the season, 1st, 2nd and 3rd string. I would hope that Henson be patient, as well as those fans of him.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Henson may request a trade. It wouldn't shock me if he did. He could be frustrated by what is happening around him. That's natural.

I don't think Jerry Jones would trade him off of a request. Now if a team came to Jerry making an offer that he liked, that's another story.

Mickey Spagnola and every other writer in the Dallas area has already said he won't be released. I don't know why some have to ignore that. Well, yeah I do, but I'm tired of going there.

Every speculation about what was happening at QB for this team this summer has been wrong. I have no idea why people think it is therefore conclusive what is happening with Henson. I don't know and am not afraid to admit I don't know.

I think he's got a future right here. If not, I still had a lot of fun rooting for the kid. Pity some can't say the same. ;)

I have also enjoyed rooting for him and still do. Things may look gloomy today but you never know what tomorrow may bring.

silver

Reaction score
can't we do both? i like them both. i don't see why they can't co-exist one more year behind bledsoe. is not as if any will see the field this year, so what was the point again? to me it's simple. let's keep both of them. why? because i say so. no. not really but because we can aford to. they don't count an arm and a leg of cap space. they both seem like good fellows. they sell papers and keep fans in the seats. i say we keep them all.