Where do you stand on Garrett and why?

Big_D

Reaction score
He's 2nd behind Bellichek in wins the last 3 years or whatever, with what the same folks say has a bad QB at the helm and a terrible owner..not sure what more some of you want.
And who are you going to put in his place? For every Sean Mcvay there's 10 Ben Mcaddoos and Chip Kelly's

And yet they never capitalize. I want anyone else who can possibly win playoff games. Not fold year after year. There's talent here and this guy is an absolute waste of time. But I guess it's much better to be nervous about the alternative of not winning anyway.

Scotman

Reaction score
Name 1 coach that win with no talent...lol
I believe players win games, but none of you claim the talent wins for any other coach. But when it comes to JG, when we win its someone else, when we lose it JG, he gets all blame and none of the credit....lol how does that happen
So...can you find any source at all that states our coach is feared? At all? I did not intend to make any other claims than that. Find me anything that states Garrett was expected to out coach his rival.

Dre11

Reaction score
So...can you find any source at all that states our coach is feared? At all? I did not intend to make any other claims than that. Find me anything that states Garrett was expected to out coach his rival.

I don't need it, I haven't seen any articles about 90% of the coaches. But it doesn't matter he outcoached coaches 31 times.

Scotman

Reaction score
I don't need it, I haven't seen any articles about 90% of the coaches. But it doesn't matter he outcoached coaches 31 times.
I didn't think you would even look...because you have to be aware that isn't the narrative.

All I said was is that he isn't feared. I don't hate Garrett. I just don't think other teams have to adjust what they are doing based on Garrett. It doesn't mean we will never win games. It means wins that come because Garrett was the difference maker will be hard to come by.

Dre11

Reaction score
I didn't think you would even look...because you have to be aware that isn't the narrative.

All I said was is that he isn't feared. I don't hate Garrett. I just don't think other teams have to adjust what they are doing based on Garrett. It doesn't mean we will never win games. It means wins that come because Garrett was the difference maker will be hard to come by.

How in the hell do you know he isn't feared..lol outside o Belicheck who is "feared" as you put it...lol

Dre11

Reaction score

Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) tweeted at 11:14 PM on Thu, Nov 29, 2018:
Jason Garrett outcoached Sean Payton late and the Cowboys defense dominated the Saints offense.

Does this fit your dumb criteria...lol

Don't let anyone tell you this sport is predictable.
()

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Simple really:

Dave Campo had Aikman his last year. Then a rookie Quincy Carter for two years.

He went 5-11 each year.

Jason Garrett had Tony Romo three straight years with a bit better team.

He went 8-8 for three straight years.

What if Campo had Romo those three years? Could he have eked out 8-8?

There is little difference between Campo and Garrett in my mind. Other than Campo introduced the time clock. Garrett introduced the coach applause and over cusser.

The 1993-94 Dallas Cowboys were one of the best teams to ever play in the NFL. Neither Campo nor Garrett could have gotten them to the Super Bowl.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Jason Garrett outcoached Sean Payton late and the Cowboys defense dominated the Saints offense.

()

Dre11, nice to see you again. But what if......

It was Marinelli and Richard that out coached Payton?

I tend to believe that is more likely the case.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simple really:

Dave Campo had Aikman his last year. Then a rookie Quincy Carter for two years.

He went 5-11 each year.

Jason Garrett had Tony Romo three straight years with a bit better team.

He went 8-8 for three straight years.

What if Campo had Romo those three years? Could he have eked out 8-8?

There is little difference between Campo and Garrett in my mind. Other than Campo introduced the time clock. Garrett introduced the coach applause and over cusser.

The 1993-94 Dallas Cowboys were one of the best teams to ever play in the NFL. Neither Campo nor Garrett could have gotten them to the Super Bowl.

Folks, I'm all on board with getting a new head coach, but get over the 8-8. The last of those seasons was 6 years ago. It's past time to move into the present.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Folks, I'm all on board with getting a new head coach, but get over the 8-8. The last of those seasons was 6 years ago. It's past time to move into the present.

No, I won't. Because better players were added. Romo was in his prime. And Garrett somehow won what? One play-off game in his tenure with one of the best QB's in the last twenty years? He should never have made it to season 4 of his first complete seasons as head coach.

Scotman

Reaction score
How in the hell do you know he isn't feared..lol outside o Belicheck who is "feared" as you put it...lol
Perhaps I'm wrong. I'd love it if I was. I've never seen any evidence that he is.

NFL.com, bleacher report, rotoworld, all rank him in the bottom half of current coaches. A beat writer for Philadelphia recently wrote that he hope Garrett stays long enough to become our longest tenured head coach. Another site stated that Garrett was in the bottom half of head coaches because, "Marinelli’s unit was excellent in 2018, but that playoff failure is emblematic of Garrett’s staid coaching culture. The bleeding edge this ain’t."

Literally every link i clicked discussing NFL coaches ranks Garrett in the middle of worse.

If I have the wrong impression of him being a fear coach..one that has to accounted for...show me.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dre11, nice to see you again. But what if......

It was Marinelli and Richard that out coached Payton?

I tend to believe that is more likely the case.

Did we ever say it was Norv and Dave, not Jimmy? And we know Jimmy let his coaches coach

Of course you do, because nobody gives the guy Credit.

From an Philly writer:
But Pederson, somehow, was out-coached by Jason Garrett. The Dallas coach was on life support. His offense is a relic. But it outpaced an Eagles offense that has scored more than 24 points only once this season.

"Starting with myself, all of us, we just need to look at ourselves in the mirror," Pederson said. "Are we doing enough? Are we giving enough? Each week it's a strain."

Scotman

Reaction score

()

Why are you talking so ugly? Seriously. I have a different opinion and you call it dumb.

To answer your question, yes, this is exactly the kind of example I'm talking about. He clearly talks about Garrett out coaching another one. I don't think it's the narrative, but I hope I'm wrong.

It's actually ok to have a different opinion without trying to undermine someone else's argument by trying to reduce it to names.

tico

Reaction score
I stand next to a trash can, like a ref ready to say good FG..

Dre11

Reaction score
No, I won't. Because better players were added. Romo was in his prime. And Garrett somehow won what? One play-off game in his tenure with one of the best QB's in the last twenty years? He should never have made it to season 4 of his first complete seasons as head coach.

Yet he went 13-3 with a rookie and losing his franchise qb . With also a suspect defense.

Dre11

Reaction score
Why are you talking so ugly? Seriously. I have a different opinion and you call it dumb.

To answer your question, yes, this is exactly the kind of example I'm talking about. He clearly talks about Garrett out coaching another one. I don't think it's the narrative, but I hope I'm wrong.

It's actually ok to have a different opinion without trying to undermine someone else's argument by trying to reduce it to names.

O didn't call you dumb, I said the criteria was because just because you haven't read it doesnt mean it doesn't/ hasnt happen.

A Philly writer of all writers:
But Pederson, somehow, was out-coached by Jason Garrett. The Dallas coach was on life support. His offense is a relic. But it outpaced an Eagles offense that has scored more than 24 points only once this season.

"Starting with myself, all of us, we just need to look at ourselves in the mirror," Pederson said. "Are we doing enough? Are we giving enough? Each week it's a strain."

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
"Where do you stand on Garrett and why?"

The neck, just til' he stops moving or says "uncle" and "I resign".

Scotman

Reaction score
O didn't call you dumb, I said the criteria was because just because you haven't read it doesnt mean it doesn't/ hasnt happen.

A Philly writer of all writers:

Perhaps you weren't intending to come across as attacking. It read that way to me.

I don't believe Garrett is a difference maker on game day as a coach. I don't believe other coaches lose any sleep wondering what Garrett will do. If you think the narrative about Garrett is different than that, great. You supplied an example and that's what I asked for.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lol, well, okay, if you prefer to live in 2013 I guess that’s your business.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Most if you know I think Garrett sucks, and those of you that have been around for a while know my reasoning. In a nutshell, I think he's arrogant, back stabbed Wade, and has no clue how to properly manage the flow of a game and much less during crunch time. @Idgit is on the other side of the spectrum. He loves his red headed Jesus. Why? I have no clue. Where do you stand and why?
If I had to stand on Garrett...
That's tough. Is he going to fight?
I probably stand on his chest so I can quickly give a hop/stomp to subdue him. Maybe put a boot to his throat and give him a threatening look.

What do you think? I see flaws in this, but is there really a perfect plan for standing on somebody?