1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Where does Garrett land?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by DHCBF66, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,215 Messages
    59,400 Likes Received
    Or the only one whose won more games than anyone not named ‘Belichick’ or ‘Payton’ who’s consistently called a ‘failure’ when he’s actually been good-but-not-good-enough. But who’s counting?

3 of the last 6 division crowns. 2016 CotY. But he’s a “failure.” And pointing out that he’s viewed harshly by most fans makes me an apologist. Nonsense.

2. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,215 Messages
    59,400 Likes Received
    No.

3. RD21

RD21 Well-Known Member

214 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    Nobody cares how many regular season wins you have. It's all about post season wins. Two wildcard wins in 10yrs isn't good.

Every fan in here would take a 9-7 regular season that culminated in a SB win.

408Cowboy, cml750, morat1959 and 2 others like this.
  4. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

4,251 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    He’s still head coach of your Dallas Cowboys

5. bsbellomy

bsbellomy Well-Known Member

2,629 Messages
    2,497 Likes Received
    I thought Jerry said teams would be all over him if he was available.

RD21 likes this.
  6. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

5,642 Messages
    6,582 Likes Received
    loser guy who begged for his job back. how pathetic. no wonder jerry loved him, he has no self-respect.

Direwolf63, visionary, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  7. buddieluver

buddieluver Member

50 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I heard earlier on Fox sports radio Freddie Kitchens has an interview for giants OC job.

8. dacoming

dacoming Member

58 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    General manager at Papa Johns

9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,639 Messages
    22,335 Likes Received
    Everything you listed is regular season accomplishments, not postseason accomplishments.

That is ultimately why Garrett was fired and why it might take awhile for him to get another HC opportunity.

Marvin Lewis has the same problem, former COTY, multiple division titles, but no playoff success.

10. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

3,556 Messages
    3,674 Likes Received
    ...I heard UPS is looking for top notch candidate to rally those drivers. ;)..

11. J817

J817 Well-Known Member

3,230 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    Baylor has an opening. Garrett may at least gauge interest there tbh.

12. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

5,642 Messages
    6,582 Likes Received
    maybe the janitor at jerry's world. he can still throw some after the games while he's picking up crap.
    he still can challenge other janitors to throw competitions.

visionary likes this.
  13. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

3,359 Messages
    5,485 Likes Received
    As long as he is nowhere near Dallas I dont care

14. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

5,514 Messages
    2,798 Likes Received
    I said good coach. So he didnt assist you at all. Nice try by him though. Atleast hes no coward

jwitten82 likes this.
  15. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

9,743 Messages
    11,705 Likes Received
    Never once has been to the playoffs 2 years in a row. And quit being arbitrary in your 3 of the last 6. In his 10 years here, he won 3 division titles. that is 3 in 10 years. That COTY award you want to mention? Lost to a very weak GB team at home in the playoffs and was embarrassed to start the game and not prepared in the least. The same GB team who was ran off the field by Atlanta the next week.

Let's see what else...0 of 4 in win or go home games. 3 straight in 2011-2013. Another one this year against Philly. He had his playcalling duties stripped in 2013 because he was so bad.

2 playoff wins in 10 seasons here. That is anything but good. Doug Pederson in his 2nd season as HC after taking over a depleted team Chip Kelly left, he leads his team to a Super Bowl with a backup QB. Jason's process led us to a decade of nothing.

The Jaguars with Bortles accomplished more in 2017 than Garrett did his whole tenure.

I can go on and on about how bad he was but it's tiring and exhausting. But hey, keep latching onto meaningless stats like COTY and regular season wins and ignoring stuff that actually separates good coaches from the rest. And I thought he was going to be some hot item coach when he left here? Not one team wanted him.

Direwolf63, RD21, visionary and 4 others like this.
  16. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,366 Messages
    6,595 Likes Received
    Nice, I've been a builder in Lakewood and the m-streets exclusive for 28+ years. We were probably at the same bar at some point in our lives praising or cursing the Cowboys simultaneously

17. Alohawg1

Alohawg1 Well-Known Member

4,297 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    Not Dallas, that's all I care about.

18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,997 Messages
    18,008 Likes Received
    “Slim margin”

:laugh::lmao::facepalm:

Direwolf63 and Chocolate Lab like this.
  19. Angus12

Angus12 Well-Known Member

610 Messages
    799 Likes Received
    Don't give a damn where he lands, as long as it's faaaar from Dallas.

20. Beastsfromthenfceast

Beastsfromthenfceast Well-Known Member

358 Messages
    336 Likes Received