Where does your moral compass point?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
No worries, I'll be back when he is gone. It's weird, I want the team to win, but I want him to lose every game for the rest of his wretched life... I can't square that, so here I am.
I hate to tell you....but he's going to be replaced by a car on copy of himself. Just a far dumber carbon copy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seems simple to me….it means different things to different people. It’s all about perspective.

Some can easily blow it off, others cannot, and there’s all types of in between. Every human being is different.

Thing is, if you want to complain or vent or whatever, this is the exact forum in which to do so. If I got up on your neighbors roof with a bullhorn yelling about Jerry, now THATS inappropriate. Writing words in this space within the guidelines is not, whatever they may say.

shabazz

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

I've followed and cheered for this team for 40 years. Probably longer than some of you have been alive. Some of you have done it for much longer than me. The idea of leaving behind something that has been with you since your childhood, then adolescent, then teenage, then young adult, and then adulthood stages of life is daunting. Something that has been a part of you for so long that you really can't remember a time when it wasn't...what would that look like?

How would that play out?

Would it be like a breakup? Would you hope for the worst for them? Would you be happy for them at their best? Would you move on to someone else but always have a soft spot and wonder what could have been if you'd stayed?

What if the relationship was toxic and you knew they were just terrible people? Would that make moving on easier? I think so, but still a tough endeavor when it's all you have ever known.

Well previous fellow Cowboys fans, tomorrow I take the plunge.

For years this has been a stagnant relationship. Going through the motions....good night honey, morning honey, have a good day, hey honey how was your day, what do you want to do for dinner tonight, what do you want to do this weekend, good night honey, morning honey, have a good day.....................................but it wasn't terrible, it just....was.

Then came the drinking, the yelling, and finally, the hitting.

At this point, I find this ownership to be completely misaligned with everything that I believe in and stand for as a human being. So I have made the decision that I will no longer support it. I'm not going to find a younger, sexier model, but I'm just not going to root for this team to succeed. I don't necessarily want them to fail either, after all these years of abuse, I still love them, but I just can no longer be there for them.

Tomorrow the plunge into full blown apathy. They will now be nothing more than a name and a money-line to me, until this owner is gone, and then I will re-assess, if I am still around to do so.

I'm sure some of you will have some snide comments for this decision to put my thoughts into writing and withdraw my support of this franchise, and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow my lead as your morals and perception of this team and ownership is likely far different than mine, and that's fine too, free country and all that. Some of you will be supportive and feel the same and that's good too.

My moral compass points to neutrality/apathy. Where does yours point?
Leave hope for the teams future sucess, but don't leave the forum, Nate

Two very different things

I usually watch with little expectations so there's no disappointment.

My disconnect is so healthy that I've been able to have relations while watching us getting beaten by 30+ points.

Prospective is the key

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ya know. I used to tell myself that “yes Jerry is a horrible owner/GM that has been holding the team back for decades. But he seems like a good boss/guy otherwise”.

Then the stuff comes out about his children born out of wedlock and hidden/kept away from the rest of his family.

And then I see Jerry threatening to get people fired because they had the audacity to ask him, as the GM, valid football questions about the team he constructed.

And I now realize that Jerry Jones is just a flat out scumbag narcissist.

erod

Reaction score
I find myself rooting for failure so that maybe this thing will bottom out and turn back to the light.

Once the team of Landry's character. Now the team of Jerry's lack of character.

It's a shameful franchise on all fronts.

It needs to burn so it can rebuild.

That'll take a 4th decade of this however.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I find myself rooting for failure so that maybe this thing will bottom out and turn back to the light.

And this is a Cowboys fan's dilemma, we want to see Jerry fail, but the team succeed...and those two things can't coexist. So are we all just waiting for Jerry to die, or at least become senile and can't run the team? Are we waiting for dementia to set in?

Many just root for the jersey, The Star, since they don't like the QB, the coaches, the RB, the WR and almost no one on defense (most Cowboys fans don't even have a "favorite player" on the current roster). But, I think we all can agree that we love the kicker...he's the perennial favorite on the team.

So we're all rooting for am NFL team where the player we respect the most is the kicker. o_O

Jerry's running a successful business, the wins and losses are secondary. The cash register keeps ringing.

So, do we hate Jerry more than we love the team?

:huh:

kskboys

Reaction score
I can see why some are torn, and I can't blame them.....that said, I have never wanted too lose, or enjoyed any loss, for whatever reason. Like I posted earlier, Jerry will not ruin the game for me.
Enjoyed? No. Wanted to lose? If we are eliminated from playoff contention, I want what is best for the team. So, as a fan I want the best players we can get. So if it is best for the team to lose, I'm not going to take my little individual numnums over my fandom.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Enjoyed? No. Wanted to lose? If we are eliminated from playoff contention, I want what is best for the team. So, as a fan I want the best players we can get. So if it is best for the team to lose, I'm not going to take my little individual numnums over my fandom.
Again, I can see why some think that way....I don't. Winning isn't a numnum, losing doesn't guarantee future success, it just proves your ok with it. I consider that to be numnutz.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again, I can see why some think that way....I don't. Winning isn't a numnum, losing doesn't guarantee future success, it just proves your ok with it. I consider that to be numnutz.
No reason to turn to insults.

Winning is definitely a numnum. Nothing guarantees future success. Not a valid argument.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No reason to turn to insults.

Winning is definitely a numnum. Nothing guarantees future success. Not a valid argument.
It's a numnum to you, not to me. For you to say that too me is an insult. If you can't take it, don't bring it.

kskboys

Reaction score
You don’t believe the propaganda
I'm not understanding what you're talking about.

The gambling connection has already affected the sport. MLB: Player got banned for life a couple weeks ago for gambling. And it is getting worse.

I'm pretty sure players have already been bought.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's a numnum to you, not to me. For you to say that too me is an insult. If you can't take it, don't bring it.
Are you like 12? You turn everything into an insult war. Why?

Why is saying winning is a numnum an insult? I truly don't understand.

"If you can't take it, don't bring it". That's grade school trash.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not understanding what you're talking about.

The gambling connection has already affected the sport. MLB: Player got banned for life a couple weeks ago for gambling. And it is getting worse.

I'm pretty sure players have already been bought.
You’re gonna take one player, maybe two players and ruin an entire franchise, organization, sport I don’t think people are that rotten gambling, got caught, cheating. Nope he didn’t do that. I understand they bet on themselves to win.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Leave hope for the teams future sucess, but don't leave the forum, Nate

Two very different things

I usually watch with little expectations so there's no disappointment.

My disconnect is so healthy that I've been able to have relations while watching us getting beaten by 30+ points.

Prospective is the key
Oh I'll be here. Still enjoy talking football and poking the bears once in a while!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hate to tell you....but he's going to be replaced by a car on copy of himself. Just a far dumber carbon copy.
I don't know...I haven't seen any of the scandalous and slimy stuff come out about Stephen that has come out about Jerry. Honestly I think Jerry embarrasses him and he probably doesn'tlike him much. He cheated on his mom...so there's that.

I don't believe he would be any better or worse as a GM but I wouldn't stay away from the team because of him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ll share with you something my good old buddy Couch Coach RIP spoke of years ago which resonated with me as we both shared same feelings for our ownership.

He said it’s like a double whammy of sorts. Or dipping the stick on both ends.

He still found some entertainment rooting on the team trying to retain some hope they could overcome the toxic atmosphere our owners dysfunctional ways created.

And when losing he also found some satisfaction watching our owners despair and ridicule he endured. Like a win win however it fell.

I’ve come to feel the same way. I do get some satisfaction watching him lose and can still enjoy the team winning. It is a double edged sword. Like still wanting your kids to succeed but get a chuckle when your ex wife struggles.

Perhaps there’s a better way of saying it. But it’s not these players fault they were drafted into this environment. All they can do is try to make the best of it.

That’s how I rationale it all. Hope that helps.
That's a good approach Greg. Thanks for sharing....maybe an alternative.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Same boat for me, and I hate losing. But if getting embarrassed somehow hurts Jerry then that's the way it needs to be. It doesn't mean Jerry will be encouraged to change anything, and everyone knows he won't, but at least I will be satisfied that he is in a bad mood and he's the person everyone in the media will be jumping on. And when the national media gets involved and piles on like they are starting to do, that's a cherry on top.

I'm not going to be shy about my desire to see Jerry suffer.