Where does your moral compass point?

kskboys

Reaction score
You’re gonna take one player, maybe two players and ruin an entire franchise, organization, sport I don’t think people are that rotten gambling, got caught, cheating. Nope he didn’t do that. I understand they bet on themselves to win.
I think you underestimate human greed and narcissism.

People in professional sports have been cheating since the beginning of time. 1919 Black Sox, Tim Donaghy, Pete Rose, Ohtani. You do realize that Ohtani's agent was most likely taking those bets for Ohtani himself, right? You know he got a pretty penny to go back to Japan and be the fall guy. Michael Jordan went and played baseball for 1 1/2 yrs(Very badly, I might add) just so the NBA wouldn't have to bust him for gambling on basketball.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think you underestimate human greed and narcissism.

People in professional sports have been cheating since the beginning of time. 1919 Black Sox, Tim Donaghy, Pete Rose, Ohtani. You do realize that Ohtani's agent was most likely taking those bets for Ohtani himself, right? You know he got a pretty penny to go back to Japan and be the fall guy. Michael Jordan went and played baseball for 1 1/2 yrs(Very badly, I might add) just so the NBA wouldn't have to bust him for gambling on basketball.
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Jerry was caught betting against the Cowboys? What kind of idiot would bet on sporting events when he's worth 15.4 billion? It would take greed to levels never seen.

Big_D

Reaction score
I just can’t watch Jerry and Stephen operate any longer. A lot of long time fans finally seem to be realizing what is happening here. I canceled Sunday ticket and now my Sundays no longer involve watching this team. When hope is lost, then I’m not just going to support them to go through the motions.

They simply don’t care at all about the fans or the players. It’s become more about Jerry surrounding himself with yes men to keep things “comfortable” and doing all they can to win will always take a backseat to that. The same GM for 30 years and his moron kid on top of it then we’re going to pretend McCarthy is the problem at the end of the season? I just can’t play that ridiculous game anymore!

Beaker42

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

I've followed and cheered for this team for 40 years. Probably longer than some of you have been alive. Some of you have done it for much longer than me. The idea of leaving behind something that has been with you since your childhood, then adolescent, then teenage, then young adult, and then adulthood stages of life is daunting. Something that has been a part of you for so long that you really can't remember a time when it wasn't...what would that look like?

How would that play out?

Would it be like a breakup? Would you hope for the worst for them? Would you be happy for them at their best? Would you move on to someone else but always have a soft spot and wonder what could have been if you'd stayed?

What if the relationship was toxic and you knew they were just terrible people? Would that make moving on easier? I think so, but still a tough endeavor when it's all you have ever known.

Well previous fellow Cowboys fans, tomorrow I take the plunge.

For years this has been a stagnant relationship. Going through the motions....good night honey, morning honey, have a good day, hey honey how was your day, what do you want to do for dinner tonight, what do you want to do this weekend, good night honey, morning honey, have a good day.....................................but it wasn't terrible, it just....was.

Then came the drinking, the yelling, and finally, the hitting.

At this point, I find this ownership to be completely misaligned with everything that I believe in and stand for as a human being. So I have made the decision that I will no longer support it. I'm not going to find a younger, sexier model, but I'm just not going to root for this team to succeed. I don't necessarily want them to fail either, after all these years of abuse, I still love them, but I just can no longer be there for them.

Tomorrow the plunge into full blown apathy. They will now be nothing more than a name and a money-line to me, until this owner is gone, and then I will re-assess, if I am still around to do so.

I'm sure some of you will have some snide comments for this decision to put my thoughts into writing and withdraw my support of this franchise, and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow my lead as your morals and perception of this team and ownership is likely far different than mine, and that's fine too, free country and all that. Some of you will be supportive and feel the same and that's good too.

My moral compass points to neutrality/apathy. Where does yours point?
I’ve been a fin since 1974 at thee age of 7 and ALL BECAUSE OF LONGLEY’S DRIVE TO WIN THE TURKEY DAY GAME AFTER ROGER GOT HURT.

I truly hope we lose bigly the rest of the season.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

I've followed and cheered for this team for 40 years. Probably longer than some of you have been alive. Some of you have done it for much longer than me. The idea of leaving behind something that has been with you since your childhood, then adolescent, then teenage, then young adult, and then adulthood stages of life is daunting. Something that has been a part of you for so long that you really can't remember a time when it wasn't...what would that look like?

How would that play out?

Would it be like a breakup? Would you hope for the worst for them? Would you be happy for them at their best? Would you move on to someone else but always have a soft spot and wonder what could have been if you'd stayed?

What if the relationship was toxic and you knew they were just terrible people? Would that make moving on easier? I think so, but still a tough endeavor when it's all you have ever known.

For years this has been a stagnant relationship. Going through the motions....good night honey, morning honey, have a good day, hey honey how was your day, what do you want to do for dinner tonight, what do you want to do this weekend, good night honey, morning honey, have a good day.....................................but it wasn't terrible, it just....was.

At this point, I find this ownership to be completely misaligned with everything that I believe in and stand for as a human being. So I have made the decision that I will no longer support it. I'm not going to find a younger, sexier model, but I'm just not going to root for this team to succeed. I don't necessarily want them to fail either, after all these years of abuse, I still love them, but I just can no longer be there for them.

Tomorrow the plunge into full blown apathy. They will now be nothing more than a name and a money-line to me, until this owner is gone, and then I will re-assess, if I am still around to do so.

I'm sure some of you will have some snide comments for this decision to put my thoughts into writing and withdraw my support of this franchise, and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow my lead as your morals and perception of this team and ownership is likely far different than mine, and that's fine too, free country and all that. Some of you will be supportive and feel the same and that's good too.

Really? It’s a sports team playing in a sports league that’s designed to entertain people. That’s it. Nothing more. If you aren’t being entertained by a particular team but still enjoy the sport, pick another team. If you find that you are emotionally living and dying by the result of a sporting event, the issue isn’t the team that’s ‘letting you down’.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really? It’s a sports team playing in a sports league that’s designed to entertain people. That’s it. Nothing more. If you aren’t being entertained by a particular team but still enjoy the sport, pick another team. If you find that you are emotionally living and dying by the result of a sporting event, the issue isn’t the team that’s ‘letting you down’.
I never said I was emotionally living or dying by it. Just that I'm turning my back on them until Jerry is gone. I don't need a team to call my own to enjoy the sport. I love the sport, the Cowboys were just a focal point for that. Now they won't be.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I will never root for another team other than the Cowboys and will always support them. However, the time one commits and the energy involved is what continues to change for me.

Big_D

Reaction score
If you believe this then you never seen the Cowboys win anything. It’s still about accountability and pride. People aren’t in it just for the entertainment when there’s no hope at all. Specially with a front office that doesn’t care to ever fix that.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

How would that play out?

No need to announce your departure... just go

Dools29

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ll ever root for another team, although Washington potentially turning things around so quickly with new ownership gives me hope. If feels like the fans and Jerry have hit an all time low. If more things happen with Jerry like his latest radio interview, maybe he will get cancelled. I really feel like we are close as a fan base to forcing Jerry’s hand to make changes. My biggest concern is Jerry will still fill the stadium due to those crazy costs for the seat licensing. I feel bad for fans who made an investment like that with expectations the ownership would make efforts to win.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

How would that play out?

I feel your pain. While it may seem like a moral quandary, I see it as a personal one. I have adjusted my expectations so that my personal happiness is not influenced by the inane direction this once great franchise has taken. We lifetime fans were spoiled by the success of the glory years now long past. Having watched the Cowboys inaugural season, I have witnessed the ups and downs of their successes and failures. If the NFL perseveres without further serious degradation, the Cowboys will eventually be a successful team again. I most likely will not be around to witness it. However, my memories of the truly great coaches and teams of yore suffice for now.
I will continue to watch and support my team, dislike the owner/family, and be a fan with morbid curiosity at times, but one with eternal hope.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I never said I was emotionally living or dying by it. Just that I'm turning my back on them until Jerry is gone. I don't need a team to call my own to enjoy the sport. I love the sport, the Cowboys were just a focal point for that. Now they won't be.

Good news Nate. Here is your future GM. AI Jerry.

This is gonna be like North Korea calling a dead guy the supreme leader for decades after he is already dead.

The cowboys will have AI Jerry making decisions for the team.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Been a fan since 76. I’ve been with this team longer than I’ve been with my wife (33 yrs. next month). It I sickens me to see what the team has become at the hands of Jerry Jones, as I’m sure the rest of you feel the same. I’m used us being GREAT! Teams feared playing the Dallas Cowboys, now they’re a meme at best. It’s very hard to watch them play. I, like many of you I’m sure, used to be on the edge of my seat and totally locked in when we played. Last week I changed the channel on them, and that has NEVER for me in all of these years. Will I leave them? No, because they’ve been a part of me since I’m 10 yrs. old, but I totally understand you Nate and don’t think ill of you. I’ve even told my sons to go find a winner, because they’re here because I am. My oldest was 5 when they last won the chip and my youngest is 26 now, and obviously hasn’t seen it happen. People say it’s this player or that player, but let’s be real folks, it’s the ownership that has turned this once storied franchise into the butt of jokes that it currently is.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Good news Nate. Here is your future GM. AI Jerry.

This is gonna be like North Korea calling a dead guy the supreme leader for decades after he is already dead.

The cowboys will have AI Jerry making decisions for the team.

the nightmare continues .

AI Jerry will make all the decisions when 'real jerry' is done . :facepalm:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

How would that play out?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

As I stated last year immediately following GB:

- CJ Stroud and the Texans are my sidepiece/mistress...Jerry/Cowboys are going to have to deal with it.
- MM will be fired by week 9
- If Dak is signed, the team will not make the playoffs.

When the cards of life are dealt, you're not always going to like your hand. But from 2016 to 2023...the Cowboys have been pretty fortunate when it comes to injuries and draft guesses panning out. And Jerry - as his wife said - just had to **** with it. He CAN'T HELP HIMSELF. This is the person you're in a toxic relationship with.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
@nate dizzle
You certainly aren't alone. I feel a lot of the same emotions (apathy, disgust, etc) at what this team has become

What I truly believe Jerry fails to realize is, he's living on borrowed time from a fan perspective

Right now guys like you and I (amd our kids) are 2nd and 3rd generation fans. Maybe even 4th generation. It's the "family" way so to speak

If that diminishes and ceases to be, the effects might not be felt immediately but in 10, 15, 20 years when the next generation of cowboys fans doesn't have the same passion and the national appeal disappears, we'll be just another failing franchise who nobody wants to watch or talk about

If he doesn't right the ship soon, it's coming. The Cowboys will basically be the Browns.

It's sad, but it's coming and it's deserved

And Jerry owns that pending legacy. No question about it

scottsp

Reaction score
I reached this pitch 20 years ago, while the circus was under Dave Campo’s watch. This organization made it clear to me then that it cared less about football and more about the brand.

Until that time, I continued to follow intently but with the understanding that my interest had devolved to one of entertainment. From that standpoint, they rarely disappoint. Because the football has gone away.

I hate it for the players who come here with the intent to do work that actually matters. Certainly I hate it for the fans who remember the years with Landry and Johnson, as well as the younger fans who can only glimpse excellence from the stories mom and dad share.

Can’t bring myself to fly another team’s colors in my house. So this is how I’ve lived. I’m good with it.