Where does your moral compass point?

Big_D

Reaction score
It's actually pathetic when someone claims that Jerry wants to win more than anyone. I mean, the evidence is piled up that it's just not true.
It’s maddening that there are some who still actually believe that. He says it every year and it’s just empty words. It no longer matters what he has to say. He’s always doing damage control and it’s the same stupid routine year in and year out Including that ridiculous quote on how bad he wants to win, just not bad enough!

stiletto

Reaction score
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

As I stated last year immediately following GB:

- CJ Stroud and the Texans are my sidepiece/mistress...Jerry/Cowboys are going to have to deal with it.
- MM will be fired by week 9
- If Dak is signed, the team will not make the playoffs.

When the cards of life are dealt, you're not always going to like your hand. But from 2016 to 2023...the Cowboys have been pretty fortunate when it comes to injuries and draft guesses panning out. And Jerry - as his wife said - just had to **** with it. He CAN'T HELP HIMSELF. This is the person you're in a toxic relationship with.
I'm interested in seeing if your week 9 prediction pans out. The team doesn't have any candidates in waiting like they did with Garrett. I think Jerry was itching to make that change from FFII. Not sure there is anyone he really likes this time, so he may just let it ride out.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing if your week 9 prediction pans out. The team doesn't have any candidates in waiting like they did with Garrett. I think Jerry was itching to make that change from FFII. Not sure there is anyone he really likes this time, so he may just let it ride out.
I agree , it seems Jerry is now in the difficult situation of finding someone , anyone who wants to work with him !

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Apathy?

You speak of Apathy as it's some sort of superior alternative to quitting.

Have you not read The Good Book?

"Ye are neither hot nor cold. Ye are LUKEWARM, so I shall SPIT YOU OUT"

as you see....it's more respectable to either be a life long rabid fan, or, if ye haven't the belly for it, then just quit forever and walk away...than to be "apathetic"....leaving the door open to come rushing back full force again, once they appear to be contenders, as if you'd been there all along!

Go to a Bills game. Go to a Browns game. Go to an Eagles game. You may see euphoria/mania.....you may see anger, even hostility.....but you won't see Apathy.

If you want to argue with The Good Book, it's up to you....just stand clear of me. I don't like lightning
That text warning the Laodicean church has absolutely zero application to football Fandom.

I mean if you want to apply the book of Revelation to football Fandom, you'd best become an Eagles fan. Because the church of Philadelphia was the most highly esteemed church of the 7 listed, by a wide margin.

Thoughts?

morat1959

Reaction score
I agree , it seems Jerry is now in the difficult situation of finding someone , anyone who wants to work with him !
Why would any coach want the record he’ll have on his resume. Money talks! Jerry will have to relinquish some control to get a good coach.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Even some who were raised as Cowboys fans are thinking this way. Believe me I see it in my own boys.... They are becoming very apathetic about the Cowboys.

I totally believe it man.

My son isn’t into football yet as far as watching. He plays but doesn’t really watch games. I do remember being his age and watching Emmitt and Troy and Irvin winning super bowls and falling in love with the team.

I can’t blame my son for not being interested in this team…..

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I totally believe it man.

My son isn’t into football yet as far as watching. He plays but doesn’t really watch games. I do remember being his age and watching Emmitt and Troy and Irvin winning super bowls and falling in love with the team.

I can’t blame my son for not being interested in this team…..
I can't blame mine either.

I can't blame anyone for being apathetic about this group. The whole organization, from ownership, to front office, to coaching, to basically every corner of that locker room (except Aubrey) reeks of smoke & mirrors and entitlement.

Kind of hard to be passionate or take pride in this clown show

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Pointing down for sure. 3 blowout losses and not 1 win vs a good team. Players have shown they don't care like dak Parsons diggs etc..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
40 years....long time.
LOOOOoonNG time.

I've followed and cheered for this team for 40 years. Probably longer than some of you have been alive. Some of you have done it for much longer than me. The idea of leaving behind something that has been with you since your childhood, then adolescent, then teenage, then young adult, and then adulthood stages of life is daunting. Something that has been a part of you for so long that you really can't remember a time when it wasn't...what would that look like?

How would that play out?

Would it be like a breakup? Would you hope for the worst for them? Would you be happy for them at their best? Would you move on to someone else but always have a soft spot and wonder what could have been if you'd stayed?

What if the relationship was toxic and you knew they were just terrible people? Would that make moving on easier? I think so, but still a tough endeavor when it's all you have ever known.

Well previous fellow Cowboys fans, tomorrow I take the plunge.

For years this has been a stagnant relationship. Going through the motions....good night honey, morning honey, have a good day, hey honey how was your day, what do you want to do for dinner tonight, what do you want to do this weekend, good night honey, morning honey, have a good day.....................................but it wasn't terrible, it just....was.

Then came the drinking, the yelling, and finally, the hitting.

At this point, I find this ownership to be completely misaligned with everything that I believe in and stand for as a human being. So I have made the decision that I will no longer support it. I'm not going to find a younger, sexier model, but I'm just not going to root for this team to succeed. I don't necessarily want them to fail either, after all these years of abuse, I still love them, but I just can no longer be there for them.

Tomorrow the plunge into full blown apathy. They will now be nothing more than a name and a money-line to me, until this owner is gone, and then I will re-assess, if I am still around to do so.

I'm sure some of you will have some snide comments for this decision to put my thoughts into writing and withdraw my support of this franchise, and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow my lead as your morals and perception of this team and ownership is likely far different than mine, and that's fine too, free country and all that. Some of you will be supportive and feel the same and that's good too.

My moral compass points to neutrality/apathy. Where does yours point?
This is exactly how I feel. I didn’t miss that loser brigade at all today. I despise Jerry Jones so let it burn.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
mine points to a truck parked 80 miles from Santa Fe

so i guess it can be pointing in one of two directions

darn quantum compass readings

LovinItAll

Reaction score
If you believe this then you never seen the Cowboys win anything. It’s still about accountability and pride. People aren’t in it just for the entertainment when there’s no hope at all. Specially with a front office that doesn’t care to ever fix that.

Lol. I sat in my father’s lap watching Cowboys games in Dallas when they were playing in the Cotton Bowl. I was born in Dallas and have seen every game in its entirety since 1987 when I got my first c-band satellite dish. I recorded a few games, but I’ve watched every snap of Dallas Cowboys football for 35 years. I haven’t missed anything.

- People like you who think the FO ‘doesn’t care’ are just ignorant.

- ‘People aren’t in it for just the entertainment when there’s no hope at all’. Utter nonsense. Every fan is always in it for the entertainment. The sport EXISTS for entertainment and NOTHINGS ELSE unless someone is monetizing the NFL’s existence. They don’t play to pay your mortgage, decide your love life, carve your career path, or anything else that truly matters in your life. If you don’t have a financial stake in the Cowboys winning football games and you allow an outcome to have a negative impact on your state of mind, you need a mental evaluation.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Apathy?

You speak of Apathy as it's some sort of superior alternative to quitting.

Have you not read The Good Book?

"Ye are neither hot nor cold. Ye are LUKEWARM, so I shall SPIT YOU OUT"

as you see....it's more respectable to either be a life long rabid fan, or, if ye haven't the belly for it, then just quit forever and walk away...than to be "apathetic"....leaving the door open to come rushing back full force again, once they appear to be contenders, as if you'd been there all along!

Go to a Bills game. Go to a Browns game. Go to an Eagles game. You may see euphoria/mania.....you may see anger, even hostility.....but you won't see Apathy.

If you want to argue with The Good Book, it's up to you....just stand clear of me. I don't like lightning
When it comes to Jerry you swallow

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol. I sat in my father’s lap watching Cowboys games in Dallas when they were playing in the Cotton Bowl. I was born in Dallas and have seen every game in its entirety since 1987 when I got my first c-band satellite dish. I recorded a few games, but I’ve watched every snap of Dallas Cowboys football for 35 years. I haven’t missed anything.

- People like you who think the FO ‘doesn’t care’ are just ignorant.

- ‘People aren’t in it for just the entertainment when there’s no hope at all’. Utter nonsense. Every fan is always in it for the entertainment. The sport EXISTS for entertainment and NOTHINGS ELSE unless someone is monetizing the NFL’s existence. They don’t play to pay your mortgage, decide your love life, carve your career path, or anything else that truly matters in your life. If you don’t have a financial stake in the Cowboys winning football games and you allow an outcome to have a negative impact on your state of mind, you need a mental evaluation.
LOL this entire response is ignorant . If you think sports is strictly entertainment then you never played one or truly paid any attention to the guys who pour everything they have into it. Jerry only cares about himself. Thats blatantly obvious.. to most people anyway.

With Jerry and Stephen they are a laughingstock and will never win anything. You think Landry was in it just to entertain people? That might be the most ridiculous thing anyone ever said on here. Even more ridiculous since you’ve seen this team fight to win championships! Fans like you are sad. If Jerry’s pathetic routine keeps you entertained then it obviously doesn’t take much.