I'll bite.

Top Tier: (Franchise carriers)

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Luck

Good QBs:

Mahommes (can elevate to top level very soon)
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Phillip Rivers
Big Ben
Baker Mayfield

Guys that can win with the right pieces:

Dak Prescott
Jared Goff
Nick Foles
Carson Wentz
Deshaun Watson
Kirk Cousins

Middle of the road:

Andy Dalton
Marcus Mariota
Mitch Trubisky
Derek Carr
Matt Stafford

Bottom Tier/Washed Up:

Eli Manning
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jamies Winston

Remains to be seen:

Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Jimmy Garappolo

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you go by winning, he’s top 10.

If you go by stats, he’s top 10.

If you go by “eye test” because you have a personal issue with him and his success, DAK SUX LOLZ!

He’s winning at life and his haters are losing at life. It’s fantastic!
if you go by selected hand pick stats from dak lovers, then you would be correct.

and I guess Dak gets all the credit for the wins...woohoo to you

jnday

Reaction score
Specifically.

1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8.?
9.?
10.?

Where do you slot him and who above and below?

And if he’s outside the top ten by all means show your work as well.

“Top ten” , “Top fifteen” etc are abstract concepts without people occupying the spots. So what say you?
NFL.com had him ranked 21st for most of last season , but he did improve to 18th by the end of the season. I would rank Dak as very average considering all his strengths, but his passing and pocket awareness are below average.

Nav22

Reaction score
if you go by selected hand pick stats from dak lovers, then you would be correct.

and I guess Dak gets all the credit for the wins...woohoo to you
Wins AND stats say Dak’s a good QB.

Only clowns who don’t know football say otherwise.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
wait....you just contradicted yourself in one sentence...first you say ranking him on a singular entity is doing the team disservice, then you say he is only 2nd to brady on a singular entity...... ***?
what im trying to show you is his team is 2nd to only bradys in wins. if you want to take it furthur he has lead the team to the most game winning drives in his time in the nfl. Theres no contridiction im not going based on stats, im going on team wins.

But if you want to take it further, late in games the ball isnt in Elliots hands, but Daks.

If you want to ask my how i rate him in terms of success in today rather then the course of careers

Brady
Mahomes
Brees
Luck
Dak

Reactions: CWR

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
In 2016 Dak outplayed Rodgers, the team didnt lose because of him.

3 playoff games
804 yrds 5td 2int 95.7rating 2 rushing tds

so he has 7 total tds in 3 games

ill just say Romo had 8tds in 6 games
Rodgers executes an all-time NFL great game winning drive, capped with a throw that will be looped on the video screen under his Hall of Fame bust (in addition to a half dozen other throws that Dak can’t even attempt, much less complete)... and yet Dak somehow “outplayed” Rodgers while losing. Was it the boneheaded interception thrown right to Micah Hyde? Was it the clueless clock management at the end? Was it the futile dinking and dunking that went nowhere as the team fell into a 21-3 hole?
The strength of the drugs that some of the trolls on here are on must be shocking...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and dak is not a system QB? really...

Well..

Dak is good because of the players around him. The system is bland and basic.

Goff is good because his coach is outfoaching everyone.

Dak is at the very least clutch. Goff plays scared.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Specifically.

1.?
2.?
3.?
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.?
8.?
9.?
10.?

Where do you slot him and who above and below?

And if he’s outside the top ten by all means show your work as well.

“Top ten” , “Top fifteen” etc are abstract concepts without people occupying the spots. So what say you?
Don’t know. All I do know is that he’s 32-17.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think that all this discussion should be put to bed by the end of the season. To me, this is Dak's make it or break it season. He has all the pieces to be successful, minus a great coaching staff, that is yet to be seen IMO. This is the year we can all have a much better insight into how good Dak can be IMO.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Top 10? better than Matt Ryan who had arguably a better year than his mvp season? Better than Rivers who just went 12-4 and lit up the chiefs? How many people are in your top 10? 15?
Wherever he is - Wentz is looking at his *** from a mile behind

Reactions: CWR

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Rodgers executes an all-time NFL great game winning drive, capped with a throw that will be looped on the video screen under his Hall of Fame bust (in addition to a half dozen other throws that Dak can’t even attempt, much less complete)... and yet Dak somehow “outplayed” Rodgers while losing. Was it the boneheaded interception thrown right to Micah Hyde? Was it the clueless clock management at the end? Was it the futile dinking and dunking that went nowhere as the team fell into a 21-3 hole?
The strength of the drugs that some of the trolls on here are on must be shocking...
:lmao:

I swear youre one of the best posters on here

jnday

Reaction score
Code:
Rk               Player  Tm ANY/A
1       Patrick Mahomes KAN  8.89
2            Drew Brees NOR  8.47
3         Philip Rivers LAC  7.79
4             Matt Ryan ATL  7.71
5            Jared Goff LAR  7.69
6        Russell Wilson SEA  7.28
7             Tom Brady NWE  7.26
8    Ben Roethlisberger PIT  7.04
9         Aaron Rodgers GNB  6.96
10          Andrew Luck IND  6.95
11       Deshaun Watson HOU  6.87
12       Baker Mayfield CLE  6.77
13    Mitchell Trubisky CHI  6.59
14         Kirk Cousins MIN  6.48
15         Dak Prescott DAL  6.22

He's extremely middle of the pack. Other ranks

#12 in passer rating
#15 in yards
#16 in touchdowns

Basically the extremists on both sides are kind of full of it. Not making a political statement, just talking football facts. :p
This is a problem for most of the posters that don’t care for Dak. We have higher expectations than getting by with an average QB. Dak’s ceiling is not that high IMO. He has had the same faults since his first year of college with little improvement. Dak has been coached by good coaches, but they have not corrected those faults. I see Dak as nothing more than a fill-in until a better QB prospect comes along. I think that Jerry and Stephen are ready to settle for the quality of play that Dak produces, but I want a better pocket QB that can make all the throws. Jerry will stick with Dak and it is setting the team up for very average QB play for the next several years which will be wasting some good player’s careers.

jnday

Reaction score
I'd currently rate him between 11-15 with the potential to be much better. Show my work? Pfft, that assumes that I care what others think my opinion on him is. I support him and believe in him but he has a lot to work on to improve. It's really hard to rank QB's given that they don't all run the same system. Wins/Losses are a team stat. Completions/Incompletions depend on the receiver and offensive playcalling, etc. Should some QB's be ranked higher or lower based on having a better or worse stable of receivers or much better or worse coaching?

Dak needs to work on his footwork, accuracy, internal clock, ability to read the defense, and qb101 throws (which should be improved by footwork and internal clock improvement). He has good leadership qualities. He listens to his fellow players (like when Amari came in and made suggestions). He's athletic, healthy, can run well and has average accuracy. He works well when when the team is losing to try to make up points, but he usually helps build that deficit in the early quarters. Is he a bus driver or below average? Heck no. He isn't elite yet either (but I believe that the potential is there.) I think his biggest setback was the Atlanta game in '17 that seemed to have wrecked his confidence and clock and it took him nearly a year to recover.

With a healthy O-line to protect him and him working on his weaknesses this off-season and not having to deal with Linehan's poor OCing, I think we'll see a lot of improvement from him.
Linehan’s coaching was fine Dak’s rookie year. He was also good with Romo.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is overrated...he has a good oline had 2 RBs 1 pro bowler..arguably the best WR and always had weapons. Dak had a injured Dez.. 3 backup Olineman and No TE...Ryan is terrible in the playoffs . not clutch & chokes in big situations .. hes Matt Stafford at best.. Dak is a top 10-12 QB this will be his telling year....
Are you saying that you Dak Prescott is better than Matt Ryan?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak is clearly top 10.

He’s clutch, durable, a great leader, and has led the Cowboys to a division title two of his first three years. We are fortunate to have him.